Which Bluetooth VCIM do I need?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Which Bluetooth VCIM do I need? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, I'm trying to swap the Onstar VCIM in my 2006 DTS Performance for one that has bluetooth. I've ...
    gambino2027 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Question Which Bluetooth VCIM do I need?

Hi all,
    I'm trying to swap the Onstar VCIM in my 2006 DTS Performance for one that has bluetooth. I've found several different Bluetooth OnStar Control Module VCIMs on ebay, such as Part Numbers: 20787107, 20827036, 20833261, and 20756237. I really don't know which to buy, if any. If anyone knows which would work in my vehicle, please advise. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blown & Injected is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Performance

Re: Which Bluetooth VCIM do I need?

Do you know where the module is located in your car?
    There are a few boxes in the trunk of my 06 DTS and I have not been able to determine if any of them are for the On Star. Does it make a difference if the radio has navigation?

gambino2027 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Blown & Injected View Post
    Do you know where the module is located in your car?
    There are a few boxes in the trunk of my 06 DTS and I have not been able to determine if any of them are for the On Star. Does it make a difference if the radio has navigation?
    Unfortunately, I do not know where it is, as I have yet to search for it. I wanted to be sure that one of the VCIMs would work for me, before I began to locate and/or remove parts.
    I want to retain my onstar capability and I don't want to add an aftermarket setup.

LJSchneider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Sorry, I'm in the same boat. I have a 2007 DTS with On Star, 6 disk CD, XM, MP3 and wheel audio controls. Sure hope someone can help. Good luck.

Larry Schneider

phili1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

Your onstar module is located in trunk, behind center trim cover. You can pull cover down or take out. Its only a few plastic clips. Once you do this you can see the onstar module mounted on a support . It has two nuts holding it on.

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

I just bought a 2010 DTS with no Bluetooh...What vcim module do I need to get bluetooth and where can it be bought? Thanks.

You are making this harder than what it is. I hate you bought one you can't use. Here is a picture of the bluetooth logal. This is found on everything bluetooth somewhere. cell phone earpices .... On our DTS VCIM that came with the car, on the right side of the CVIM is where the two sqaure plugs goe, a black plug and a white. One the left side there are there is two round connections that is close to the same size, one blue and the other burgany. Now, the you will need for bluetooth one will look the same as your old one,except on the left it will have three round connection connection the same size. the extra cconnection on left is for antenna. You will also have the word bluetooth or the loga or both. Now on some GM CVIM the three conections on the left are three different sizes. You need the one with all three is the small round connection that look the same. I have tested several out of few different gm cars that, had the same three connection on the left sde and they all work. I last one was out of a buick Lacerne that had the same part # as a 09 DTS. That was the first one that I did not get the red light in onstar mirror.

Where can I buy a vcim for my car?

I bought off ebay, some I got from salvage yard. None of them was brand new.

Macklobell I have been trying to send you what you ask for , but you have to much mail and you must delete some, so i can send it to you. I think you can only have 10 private emails stored.

bigdabu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxIII ADC

Phili1 can you senD me the info as well, please?

I cleared my email Phil...Thanks.

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

Quote Originally Posted by phili1 View Post
    Macklobell I have been trying to send you what you ask for , but you have to much mail and you must delete some, so i can send it to you. I think you can only have 10 private emails stored.
    Phili1

Can you also send the part number to me? I'm taking delivery on an 08 Lux III today or tomorrow and also want to replace the Onstar module to one that I can use blutooth on. Mine has the nav/dvd; does that make a difference?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

LJSchneider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Phili1,
    You seem to be in the know. I'm also looking for a VCIM module and don't know where or what to buy. I have a 2007 DTS with On Star, 6 disk CD, XM, MP3 and wheel audio controls.

Thanks
    Larry

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

I think we're on our own to search junk yards.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.