Cadillac Owners Forum banner

dome lights

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Superjim 
#1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know what activates the dome lights when the door opens. I have not been able to find a small button in the door jamb like on older cars. The reason I'm asking is my lights do not turn on when the driver door is opened, only when the other three are opened. As I have posted, my car had collision repair on the front left side and I think this is a result of the work.

Thanks

#4 ·
You are correct in that regard...I already replaced the strut because the strut on the affected side was replaced with a standard one, I'm buying a new wheel because the wheel on that side was cracked, and the mirror has some issues to be worked out on that side. Overall the car was a steal and since I'm fixing everything myself it will still be under blue book when I'm done. Everything else looks and works as it should for the age. And it has CPO warranty.

Thanks Itdltc. I will check it out. So...anyone know what else could be it as far as fixing it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.