Bluetooth for the 2006 DTS - any Bluestar users?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Bluetooth for the 2006 DTS - any Bluestar users? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Was thinking about this thing: http://www.costartech.com/ but then found the Blue fussion thing. Any experience with these products?...
    Blown & Injected is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Performance

Was thinking about this thing:
    http://www.costartech.com/
    but then found the Blue fussion thing.

Any experience with these products?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

phili1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

Re: Bluetooth for the 2006 DTS - any Bluestar users?

You need to do a search on this forum and do what I did to get bluetooth.

Blown & Injected is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Performance

I saw your post but had the same questions others had - without answers I went with the Bluestar module... and I am PISSED OFF.

Where is the On Star module for the 2006 DTS with the navigation radio?

There is a box on the left side of the trunk - but it does not have plugs that are anywhere near right for what the box the CoStar people sent me. There are two boxes on the right side of the trunk and the on on the inside of the framework has one round plug so I did not even try, and the other box has three plugs that are not even close to fitting the plugs on the Bluestar box.

Then the Costar/Bluestar directions say go hunting fort your box - it might be under the rear seat, so I took that out - NOPE, not there. It might be behind the glove box - NOPE, not there either.

phili1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 dts

I have a DTS LUX III and the onstar module is on back pannel of trunk. Thats it with the three plugs . I think black, blue and white. And with a gm bluetooth module it plug and play in minutes. I have had no problem . I started to go the route you went until I tried my way. The only funtion I lost is email mail from GM checking car. Plus it was much cheaper.
    Let me know if this helps

redduck21502 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by phili1 View Post
    I have a DTS LUX III and the onstar module is on back pannel of trunk. Thats it with the three plugs . I think black, blue and white. And with a gm bluetooth module it plug and play in minutes. I have had no problem . I started to go the route you went until I tried my way. The only funtion I lost is email mail from GM checking car. Plus it was much cheaper.
    Let me know if this helps
    I currently am looking for a bluetooth solution for my 2007 DTS, are you saying you went with something other than the Bluestar box? I would love cheaper as long as it leaves the XM in place and preferebly uses the steering wheel controls and all of that stuff. Do you have more info on what you bought? I searched for GM Bluetooth Module and all i can find is some different forums stating that GM will not sell BT VCIM to people. I've seen some Bluetooth VCIMs on ebay but they are pretty pricey too. I would love to get bluetooth going for under $100 and not have to do a lot of installation.

danog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

Redduck21502

Read post 39, 45 for the OnStar VCIM with Bluetooth

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-i-need-3.html

willn513 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

I just put the Bluestar unit in my 2008 CTS and I have to say it is great. My car did not have factory bluetooth built in. Way more practical than using OnStar (I never did anyway) and it looks and functions like it was stock. I use an iPhone and my wife uses an android phone, they both pair without issue (though only 1 can be paired at a time- actual petty neat that it looks for my phone first then hers, if she takes the car it will pair hers after failing to find mine). You just press the "phone" button on the mirror or steering wheel and you can voice dial with no problem.

My OnStar unit was on the deck lid of the trunk. I had to take the rear seat out and then pull the panels up around the headliner to get to it, then it simply plugs right in instead of your OnStar module. There's a port for mini-USB line, so I was able to leave a USB cable plugged in and have it drop down into the trunk and tuck it away. This way I can plug in my laptop to update or reset the unit if needed without having to tear the seat out again (but so far so good, no issues!).

I would call the dealer or ask around the service department to see if one of the techs will give you some advice on getting to the spot where the module on your dts is located.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.