rear door panel removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, rear door panel removal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 06 DTS and the rear door window fell down. I need instructions on how to remove the ...
    skyliner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS

Question rear door panel removal

I have a 06 DTS and the rear door window fell down. I need instructions on how to remove the door panel. I tried but didn'd want to force it. Any help would be good. Thank You

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

383 LT1 SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Impala SS 383 LT12007 DTS Performance 2011 Escalade ESV

Re: rear door panel removal

Get a door panel removal tool. Should be available at your local autoparts store.

383 LT1 SS

Cleetorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2006 DTS

***tool in hand, scratching head*** Great instructions! Thanx! That helped a lot -- NOT! Perhaps some actual instructions would have made a difference instead of just advising to get a tool as though that would take care of the whole project.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Behind the chrome pull handle is a cover that needs to be removed. I use a pick. There is one phillips head screw to remove. Next get the trim removal tool and pop the many clips that hold the door panel on. They are around the perimeter of the panel. Once the clips are unfastened hold the door panel away from the door and lift upward. There are two clips that are behind the door pull that slide into two slotted clips. I hope that makes sense. For reinstallation slide the metal part of the clip into the plastic part of the clip and press firmly to engage it into the door panel

Don

danog is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1936 cadillac 05 deville 08 DTS

door pan.gifComponent Name

1 Rear Side Door Locking Rod Knob

2 Rear Side Door Pull Handle Plate

3 Rear Side Door Pull Handle Screw

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice . Tighten 2.5 N·m (22 lb in)

4 Rear Side Door Trim Panel Retainer (Qty: 8)

5 Rear Side Door Armrest Retainer Clip (Qty: 2)

6 Rear Side Door Trim Panel Assembly

Tip 1. Use a J 38778 Door Trim Clip Remover to aid in the removal of the door trim panel.

2. After releasing all the retainers along the outer perimeter of the door trim panel, hold the panel away from the door and lift up to disengage the 2 clips that anchor the armrest into the door sheet metal.

3. Prior to re-installing door trim panel, re-attach the 2 armrest clips to door sheet metal.

4. Disconnect the electrical connectors

REMOVE THE Rear Door Water Deflector

Press the center pin inward to release the retainers There are 11 I think.

after removing the deflector Loosen 2 10mm nuts holding the glass to the reg

pull the window upward and use duck tape to hold it up.

You can get the reg with motor or without WATER DEFLECTOR.gif

Your instructions make plenty of sense but I can't seem to get the two interior clips to pull up to disengage from the door. I'm afraid if I pull up TOO hard, I might break something that would be better unbroken. Some special ideas before I go much further?

ffrog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Google “REMOVE DTS DOOR PANEL”. This will bring up a couple of videos for a CTS. The process should be about the same.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetorn View Post
    Your instructions make plenty of sense but I can't seem to get the two interior clips to pull up to disengage from the door. I'm afraid if I pull up TOO hard, I might break something that would be better unbroken. Some special ideas before I go much further?
    You need to pull the door panel outward to clear the green clips that are around the perimeter. While holding it out slide the door panel upward. This will make the metal armrest clips slide out of the plastic clip that is attached to the door shell. The two clips that are behind the arm rest are made up of 4 pieces. Twp plastic pieces that are attached to the door shell and two metal pieces that press into the door panel. The metal part slides into grooves that are on the plastic piece.

Don

Got the whole thing apart and the reg/motor out. It looks like the only thing that's broken is the plastic where the cable pinches to the slide. Is there a good fix for this or am i going to be into getting a whole new assembly just for the pinch point?

The most that you will break are some of the green clips. Just pull both sides out and lift up. Once you get the door panel off you will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetorn View Post
    Got the whole thing apart and the reg/motor out. It looks like the only thing that's broken is the plastic where the cable pinches to the slide. Is there a good fix for this or am i going to be into getting a whole new assembly just for the pinch point?
    You need to replace the reg. It comes with or with out the motor

ruaskier2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi All, I'm following as I'm in the same boat. I have the panel off. My issue is that the door switch will not activate the window. I have the 2 wire plug removed from the motor. I see that the grey wire from the plug is the down and the blue wire is the up. I ground my volt meter and touch each of the two wires on the plug and I get ~ 12.5 V from each wire when I use the door switch. Note: I do hear a loud click each time from the black window module. Also, if I apply 12V to both prongs on the motor itself, I can get the track to move depending on witch polarity I use. The motor works, I get power from the plug, yet when together, I get nothing still. Thoughts anyone? I will remove the other back door panel to figure this mess out. Thank, great site!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.