Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Factory luetooth in 2006 DTS

10K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  bigdabu 
#1 ·
I have had factory bluetooth in my 2006 DTS LUX III for about 2 months with no issues. I did what the G8 did. It took 13 minutes and 22 second from start to finish. i took the module out a 09 saturn without onsta dianostic. i knew in advance that that part was not going to work. Also the dealer could not reprogram the module. I have had no issues and have full control over everything in car except onstar phone. They can track me amd they unlocked my doors. i just can't use onstar phone, but I have bluetooth.
Do a search on G8

Its plug in play no wires to cut for DSTS

#4 ·
Hi Phili1,
I'm interested in learning more about having Bluetooth in my 2007 DTS. Can you go into a bit more detail? What part(s) (module) exactly did you get from the 09 Saturn and where was it located in the car, or did you just buy one from a wrecking yard? How and where did you connect them on your DTS? What do you mean search the G8 (Pontiac G8), and why? What do you mean when you say "When the other board done this the price was cheaper, but demand is driving prices up". Thanks in advance, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if I missed some of this information elsewhere on the forum.

#14 ·
I just installed VCIM part number 20756237 purchased on eBay from rev281, but I believe part numbers 20827036, 25984444, and 20783877 should also work. Pricing on the VCI starts at about $200. You'll also need a bluetooth antenna, part number 15938939. This is available on eBay an also several different gm parts sites including gmpartsdirect.com for about $20.

The VCIM was bolted to the back of the rear seat. It is easily accessible by simply pulling back the carpet at the back of the trunk. Mine was bolted in with two 10mm nuts. The cables are foolproof, they are either color-coded or keyed. The empty plug is where you install the bluetooth antenna. It took me less than 5 minutes to have the bluetooth working.

I installed this on my 2007 Cadillac DTS without Navigation. I believe my DTS is the base model. I have caller ID in the driver information in the instrument cluster, the radio mutes as expected. Call quality is excellent. The steering wheel buttons function perfectly. The system is also able to access the voice-dial feature of my iPhone 3GS. To access the voice dial, say "bluetooth" the system responds "ready" then say "voice" then the system pauses and says "accessing iPhone" then it beeps and you can say "call XXXXX."

The system will also automatically transfer a call from the phone when you get in the car and turn it on. Likewise, it will transfer it back to the phone when you shut the car off. The buttons on the phone will allow you to pick up the handset for a private conversation. I did have to raise the volume on my phone while connected to bluetooth. Obviously, phones other than the iPhone will differ.

As far as the onstar system goes, I did not attempt to use it or access anything, as I do not subscribe, and do not intend to subscribe. However, I now have a red light lit on my rearview mirror in addition to the green light that is usually lit. From reading other forums, it is my understanding that onstar will have limited or no capability.

See this site waterlooautomall.com/files/images/other/GM_Bluetooth_Starter_Guide.pdf to learn how to set up the bluetooth.

I hope that clears things up.

#15 ·
Great write-up. I will try the voice dialing tomorrow as I recently installed the 20827036 module in my Escalade. It sounds like they are slowly backdating OnStar MyLink to older years so it's a little unfortunate that I won't have that capability, but I really don't like paying a monthly service charge for OnStar anyway, so I really don't care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.