2009 DTS Bluetooth Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 DTS Bluetooth Problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; On my 2009 DTS I go through the pairing process and all seems to work perfectly. When completed I request ...
    River_Rat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 DTS

2009 DTS Bluetooth Problems

On my 2009 DTS I go through the pairing process and all seems to work perfectly. When completed I request a "list" and it responds with the name I gave my phone. Calls come in and calls go out fine. The next time I use the car the Bluetooth won't work. I request a "list" and it responds that there are no phones currently listed. The Technician said it was my phone so we went through the same process with his high-end Blackberry and the same thing occured. After some consultation with another Tech and some lookups on their computer they said that it doesn't retain a list because the OnStar is not activated. On my phone General Motors is listed as a "Trusted Device" along with my other vehicle (Toyota Sienna). I just can't believe that Cadillac would require you to subscribe to OnStar for the Bluetooth feature to work. Has anyone else ever had or heard of this issue.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Southern is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird

Re: 2009 DTS Bluetooth Problems

I probably ought to keep my mouth shut here as I don't use Blue Tooth.........Have to wonder if it would work for me.....but Then I am not totally surehowit works......

Anyway.......

In the CTS forum it has been stated many times that, at least with that model,you do not have to have Onstar to have bluetooth.

And the one thing that I remember from some of those discussions was..........that if you didn't have the phone itself set up right........with Bluetooth ON, then you had to pair it every time.........

Hope this helps........

Southern:
    Thanks for the reply. Bluetooth (when working right) is great. Whether the radio is on or off when you get an incoming call it rings through (silences the radio or CD) and you simply press the off hook button on the steering wheel. The reason I use it is that here in NY state there's quite a hefty fine for using a cell phone while driving and the headset for my phone is a huge pain. I always keep my Bluetooth on in the phone and as I stated, while in my Toyota there's never a problem. After "pairing" in the DTS it also works perfectly until I try to use it after shutting off the car. The next time, the phone is no longer found in the list and I have to go through the "pairing" process all over again.

Thanks,
    Jim

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You absolutely DO NOT need to subscribe to OnStar to use Bluetooth. The Bluetooth hardware and software live inside the OnStar module, but the status of your OnStar subscription does not affect its operation.

I'm not a Technician, but it sounds to me like a problem with the OnStar module not saving the paired settings. Call your Dealer back up and ask them to open a case with TAC (technical assistance). TAC will send them a flowchart of steps to complete to isolate the problem.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Tony:
    Thanks for the straight scoop. I'll do that and post the results.

Jim

Ps. Wish I was down in your neck of the woods playing golf instead of Upstate NY raking leaves and getting the snowblower ready. My Mom lived in Ocala for 20 years.

PROBLEM SOLVED.....Cadillac Tony & Southern were both correct: You do not need to be a OnStar subscriber for the Bluetooth to work "correctly". To recap quickly the Bluetooth would not retain the pairing of my cell phone after ignition was turned off. I searched and found a thread in a Chevrolet forum (http://www.impalaforums.com/audio-vi...-problems.html) that describes the problem. It refferences TSB 08-08-46-008B and calls for a software update to the OnStar VCIM. There are a host of different issues associated with this, most having to do with the Nav system and also some OnStar problems. See the link for a better description. After the update my Bluetooth works perfectly and retains my phone in the list. Thanks for listening and your input.

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.