06 DTS Performance "Service Suspension" message inquiry.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 06 DTS Performance "Service Suspension" message inquiry. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Prior to creating a new thread, I searched on this topic to no avail. I have a 2006 DTS Performance ...
    dthakoor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 2006 DTS

06 DTS Performance "Service Suspension" message inquiry.

Prior to creating a new thread, I searched on this topic to no avail. I have a 2006 DTS Performance with approximately 49,500 miles. About a week ago, the "Service Suspension " message appeared on the dash. A day or two before that I had the rear two tires changed, just supplying some background data. I was hoping someone can point me in the correct direction in regards to trouble shooting and eventually resolving issue. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Southern is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird

Re: 06 DTS Performance "Service Suspension" message inquiry.

Sounds like the guys who put the tires on messed up the Mag ride. Probably pulled a connector loose.Crawl under there and check the connectors at the bottom of the shocks. And of course there are sensors which sense wheel movement and they are electrically connected to the computer so look for wires hanging down near the wheels.
    Other than That, I don't know what to say.

I would be inclined to take the car back to the tire store and put it up on their lift to do the inspection.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

What Southern said...I would do that.

I noticed by your mileage, that you are maybe still under warranty.
    Don't let it get over 50,000 before taking it to the dealer and getting it on record that you have an issue.

Texas Jim

dthakoor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 2006 DTS

Thanks for your assistance guys. Just went under the car, and everything seems to be fine. Any other suggestions before I go to the dealer?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

If everything seems to be plugged in and nothing is loose...I would get it to the dealer while it is still under warranty.

Depending on what it may need...Those parts can be very expensive.

Texas Jim

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

Quote Originally Posted by dthakoor View Post
    Prior to creating a new thread, I searched on this topic to no avail. I have a 2006 DTS Performance with approximately 49,500 miles. About a week ago, the "Service Suspension " message appeared on the dash. A day or two before that I had the rear two tires changed, just supplying some background data. I was hoping someone can point me in the correct direction in regards to trouble shooting and eventually resolving issue. Thanks for any help in advance.
    Did you get your issue resolved? if so what was it? Could you have gone another 10 K on Originals or did you feel like it was too rough and noisy? What tires did you get? from where? how much? and DO you like them?

MadCaddie69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Brougham, My mom's 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS

I have that same message on my car. 2001 DTS. It's been doing that since 2008. However, the Tire Sensor came off and and that's when it started. Check your tire moniters. That's what's probably causing the message.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.