09 Nav Disk Update - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 09 Nav Disk Update in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2008 DTS here in Staten Island, ...
    Jrl1701 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Re: 09 Nav Disk Update

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2008 DTS here in Staten Island, NY and wanted to order the NavDisc update but apparently they are sold out and for some reason do not know when it will be available again.

I read this thread and it appears that they are also available on Ebay at a substantially lower price (even better). However, the NavDisc website is still showing that the replacement part # is 25974486 while the prior posts indicate I should be searching Ebay for part number 20857425U Version 4.1C. Is that right?

The navigation system in general is not as good as my old Garmin Nuvi (which I still keep in the car) but it is good enough most of the time.

The real issue with it is the lockout while the car is in motion. I've complained to GM that the lockout should be determined by the driver or at a minimum disabled if there is a front seat passenger (the airbag system engages - so the car "knows"). I guess its ok to fiddle with the AC, cruise control, XM radio and all the other gadgets & gizmos while driving but not the nav system.

My wife's Lexus is exactly the same - so I guess its standard throughout the industry. I know there are modules available to disengage it - but its the principle.

In any case (sorry for the slight venting), confirmation of the correct part number would be appreciated and I hope to contribute more to the forum in the future. I'll let you know if my Ebay purchase is successful.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jrl1701 View Post
    I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I have a 2008 DTS here in Staten Island, NY and wanted to order the NavDisc update but apparently they are sold out and for some reason do not know when it will be available again.

I read this thread and it appears that they are also available on Ebay at a substantially lower price (even better). However, the NavDisc website is still showing that the replacement part # is 25974486 while the prior posts indicate I should be searching Ebay for part number 20857425U Version 4.1C. Is that right?

In any case (sorry for the slight venting), confirmation of the correct part number would be appreciated and I hope to contribute more to the forum in the future. I'll let you know if my Ebay purchase is successful.

Welcome to the forum.
    Glad to have a new member.

You read correctly about the part number.
    The NAVDISK website is wrong and has been for the last year.

The correct part number is...20857425U Version 4.1C
    It works and has some pretty neat features the previous one didn't have.

Texas Jim

SmoothDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Titanium DTS

Do I understand correctly that the digital clock will also display while not using the Nav system? I have 2006 DTS Lux III, and no digital clock.
    Many thanks for any reply,
    Pappy

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothDTS View Post
    Do I understand correctly that the digital clock will also display while not using the Nav system? I have 2006 DTS Lux III, and no digital clock.
    Many thanks for any reply,
    Pappy

Pappy,

You are correct... assuming that you upgrade to the new nav disk.

The digital clock will display in the upper right hand corner...whenever either the NAV or the radio/CD player is on.
    Even if you push the volume button and turn the system completely "OFF"... the clock still displays.

Texas Jim

SmoothDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Titanium DTS

Outstanding Jim, thanks for the reply. Now I have to figure out how to drop the little overhead console for minor repair. I apparently pushed too hard on the garage door opener button and all three (connected) buttons pushed slightly through the plastic cover. Still works but I suppose I broke some plastic snaps on the back side of the panel. Going to Google for the part number diagram to figure out where the release clips are to lower the console. Superglue or hot glue will fix it I'm sure.

Thanks again for your help, I will definitely order the DVD upgrade.
    Pappy

Redfridge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

Question Re: 09 Nav Disk Update

Thought I would post being I am a new member.

Purchased a 2003 DTS "Black Raven" with 66,000 miles.

My current nav disk is V 1.10

So..being I have an older Bose system can I upgrade the disk to version 4.1C without any problems?
    When does the 2010 disk come out?

Could someone post a link to the code page for engine management and how to access it? Been searching but cannot find it.

Need to learn all the little tricks to diagnose this ride.

Nice to meet you all. I'm sure I will be asking more questions.
    I've been driving a 1983 Volvo 242 for the last 20 years..it's nice to finally be in some luxury. (although my customized Volvo kicks the pants off this DTS)

Hey. Thanks.

WERNER BAKER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS lUX111

Thumbs up Re: 09 Nav Disk Update

Jim,
    Great information on the Nav. CD'S-The current version 2010 GM Number is 20861673.They do sell on ebay for $179-$189,but you can make an offer for less and probably save more over the GM cost of 199.00 plus shipping.Have a great day-Here in Alabama

ken615 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Hey guys. I"m new to to this forum, but a long-term Caddy driver. In fact, this is my 6th consecutive Cadillac: 92 Sedan, 92/94/97/2003 SLS, and now an 06 DTS (don't like the new STS so I'm back to the big Caddy) . In terms of the navigation system...I just upgraded my nav to the later disk, 4.1. Loaded fine with no problems. Bought it on Ebay for $85 (including shipping) so don't get ripped by Cadillac for $200.

I have to admit that the system is not as accurate as my cheapie Garmin or Onstar. I've noticed that a lot of users report that the nav system location is not accurate. I can verify that...my original disk and the new one have the identical problem: Shows a street number on my street that doesn't even exist...and shows my home address a few hundred feet away from where it actually is.

This isn't a really huge problem, but I would think the system would be at least as good as a $200 handheld unit.

Anyone ever find a solution to this one? Is the GPS system and the nav unit not calibrated properly, and can anything be done about it?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ken.

twods is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 07 DTS II Green Silk

Welcome to form Ken
    I bought my 2007 DTS II Jan 2010 Had Nav Disk 15931508 2.00 Now have 20861673 5.00.

other members will help you.
    Duane

Quote Originally Posted by ken615 View Post
    Hey guys. I"m new to to this forum, but a long-term Caddy driver. In fact, this is my 6th consecutive Cadillac: 92 Sedan, 92/94/97/2003 SLS, and now an 06 DTS (don't like the new STS so I'm back to the big Caddy) . In terms of the navigation system...I just upgraded my nav to the later disk, 4.1. Loaded fine with no problems. Bought it on Ebay for $85 (including shipping) so don't get ripped by Cadillac for $200.

I have to admit that the system is not as accurate as my cheapie Garmin or Onstar. I've noticed that a lot of users report that the nav system location is not accurate. I can verify that...my original disk and the new one have the identical problem: Shows a street number on my street that doesn't even exist...and shows my home address a few hundred feet away from where it actually is.

This isn't a really huge problem, but I would think the system would be at least as good as a $200 handheld unit.

Anyone ever find a solution to this one? Is the GPS system and the nav unit not calibrated properly, and can anything be done about it?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ken.

Welcome to the DTS Forum.
    Glad to have you.

As for the Nav unit...The calibration is probably fine.
    I don't think that anything can be done about it.
    The database is not the most up to date one in the world.
    I have just learned to live with it.

Mine shows my house as being 2 houses further down the street than it really is.
    So... what I did, was park in my driveway and set it as "HOME"
    That way...where ever I am... it knows where I want to go and can then get me from "THERE" to "HERE"

I take a lot of long road trips, and sometimes I just want to know how far I am from home... I can just tell it to go home... and the route and mileage from home pop up on the screen.

99 percent of the time..mine takes me right to where I want to go.
    The other 1 percent of the time, it gets me close enough that I can find it.

Texas Jim

ken615 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I actually called Cadillac customer service and complained about the accuracy. Believe it or not, they actually called me back tonight and stated that they were going to look into it and get back to me. If that happens, I'll pass out.

At any rate, if enough of us complain about the problem, maybe they will fix it.

I haven't really used the system yet...only played with it in the neighborhood. I must admit that I'm going to need some time to get used to the new maps...pretty cluttered in my opinion...but then I'm used to the Garmin.

If Caddy really calls me back with any fixes or suggestions, I'll certainly pass them along.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by WERNER BAKER View Post
    The current version 2010 GM Number is 20861673.They do sell on ebay for $179-$189,but you can make an offer for less and probably save more over the GM cost of 199.00 plus shipping.
    I've just bought a 20861673 off of ebay for $119.00. It should be here in a week or so and I'll update y'all on the differences I see between version 5.0 and my current 4.1C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomko View Post
    I've just bought a 20861673 off of ebay for $119.00. It should be here in a week or so and I'll update y'all on the differences I see between version 5.0 and my current 4.1C.

That would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Texas Jim

MrZoSo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS

I got my 07 DTS last week. Has an old Nav disk in it. 2.0 I think?
    I Just called the GM nav center, gave my Vin #, and without another word, they are shipping my a 2010 disk compt. Now that's a nice welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZoSo View Post
    I got my 07 DTS last week. Has an old Nav disk in it. 2.0 I think?
    I Just called the GM nav center, gave my Vin #, and without another word, they are shipping my a 2010 disk compt. Now that's a nice welcome!

VERY GOOD.

Glad to hear that.

Oh...and welcome to the forum.

Texas Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.