09 Nav Disk Update - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 09 Nav Disk Update in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks for the info, I'll look for it next time I get on the interstate....
    Bigjohn432 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 09 Nav Disk Update

Thanks for the info, I'll look for it next time I get on the interstate.

hoppysport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

Great, great, helpful info on the Nav discs. I called a courteous, helpful person at GM Nav, to get clarification on version 4.0 p/n 25974486 and 4.1 p/n 20857425.

She told me that 4.0 p/n 25974486 was the current and correct nav version for the DTS, 06-09. She couldn't even find the proper application for 4.1 p/n 20857425.

I also asked her if these discs were warrantied, and she said that they were only covered for 30-days. That's it. That's a really expensive piece of plastic...god forbid if something goes wrong.

I was thinking about making a backup. Anybody out there make a backup of the DVD?

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by hoppysport View Post
    Great, great, helpful info on the Nav discs. I called a courteous, helpful person at GM Nav, to get clarification on version 4.0 p/n 25974486 and 4.1 p/n 20857425.

She told me that 4.0 p/n 25974486 was the current and correct nav version for the DTS, 06-09. She couldn't even find the proper application for 4.1 p/n 20857425.

I also asked her if these discs were warrantied, and she said that they were only covered for 30-days. That's it. That's a really expensive piece of plastic...god forbid if something goes wrong.

I was thinking about making a backup. Anybody out there make a backup of the DVD?

The lady you talked to is possibly misinformed.
    But then again...maybe not...if she is just looking at the ordering info on the web site.

I just went to the web site and put my VIN in the search blank.
    It shows that the current disk that I ordered back in NOVEMBER and that they sent me in APRIL...
    Part number:..25974486

But that is not right...what they REALLY sent me was Part number:..20857425U

I just went to the garage and took my NAV disk out and am now holding it in my hand.
    The part number is:..20857425U
    It is Version 4.1C

As to making a backup...I have not tried that yet...but probably should.
    I need to get some double layer DVD's first.

Texas Jim

Received my 25974486 4.0c 2009 Nav disc yesterday and loaded it this morning. Yep, the clock is nice and useful.

I was able to buy it on Ebay for $81.99, a terrific deal. It wasn't described or catagorize well.

So far I don't notice much difference between this and my 06 nav disc, but will keep you updated. That said, it's nice to have the current disc for new streets,POI's, and supposedly better graphics.

Received my 25974486 4.0c 2009 Nav disc yesterday and loaded it this morning. Yep, the clock is nice and useful.

I was able to buy it on Ebay for $81.99, a terrific deal. It wasn't described or catagorize well.

So far I don't notice much difference between this and my 06 nav disc, but will keep you updated. That said, it's nice to have the current disc for new streets,POI's, and supposedly better graphics.

Glad you for your new disc and had no trouble loading it.

Just wait till you are using it on a route in an unfamiliar area and you come to a freeway intersection... it shows you WHAT LANE you need to be in to stay on your route. Thats pretty cool...I think.

Texas Jim

Superjim, that lane feature sounds great...one of the problems with the previous nav discs. I was recently in my brother-in-law's 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550. Nice car, but the nav system is awful. What's with those German's? They have tons of tech in their cars, but awful nav systems.

I've tried the Nav in BMW's, Mercedes-Benz, Audi's, Volvo, Saab, Toyota, Lexus...and from what I've experienced, the GM and Ford's are by far the best.

I would love to have the real traffic feature in the 2009's...but I'm not about to buy a new unit, antennas, and go through the hell of configuring everything.

Superjim, that lane feature sounds great...one of the problems with the previous nav discs. I was recently in my brother-in-law's 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550. Nice car, but the nav system is awful. What's with those German's? They have tons of tech in their cars, but awful nav systems.

I've tried the Nav in BMW's, Mercedes-Benz, Audi's, Volvo, Saab, Toyota, Lexus...and from what I've experienced, the GM and Ford's are by far the best.

I would love to have the real traffic feature in the 2009's...but I'm not about to buy a new unit, antennas, and go through the hell of configuring everything.

I hear you about the real time traffic feature.
    I live in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area and we have some real bad traffic and that feature would sure be nice to have.

I hear a lot of people on other forums complaining about the GM nav system.
    Nothing is 100% perfect, but personally, I think it is pretty darn good.

I am not the easiest person in the world to please, but I have used it extensively, and so far, after 60,000 miles on my car, I am well satisfied with it.

Its pretty simple...I tell it where I want to go...it takes me there.
    Done deal.

Texas Jim

I was in my friend's Ford Flex, and the Ford Nav with Sync is a great system. Very easy to use, extremely user-friendly.

That Flex is and interesting vehicle. His is black on black, with leather. He bought it for $23,000 used. The ride and sound isolation are DTS-like. And the real legroom is comparable to the BMW 750Li.

The styling is controversial, but it looks to me like a Mini Clubman on steroids.

The gas mileage is pretty good...17 and 24.

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I understand your concern for the disk and especially the head wear of the nav unit itself. (I am in the computer business)
    The DVD disk is not cheap if it needed to be replaced. The head unit would be an even bigger expense, which I also understand.

But I just kinda figured it was DESIGNED for the disk to always be in there so that it is available ANYTIME you want to use it.
    I like mine always in, so all I have to do is hit the NAV button...anytime I want to...and THERE IT IS.

But that is why there is an EJECT button...so that we each can use it the way we see fit.

As for it running after the key is off...after 10 minutes, the RETAINED ACCESSORY POWER cuts it off...along with everything else.
    I too was concerned with it running after the car was shut off. I sat in the car one evening..just to see if and when it would turn off.

I don't know of a head cleaner for it and I would be careful of using one if I found one. Some of them are ABRASIVE and will actually CAUSE premature wear if used too often.

As far as the car itself...I really really like it. That is, except for the road noise.
    I have over 60,000 on it and put over 40,000 on my other 2006 Performance Sedan.

Texas Jim
    Hey Everyone!!!...
    Jim, Sorry to hear about a death in your family.
    hope none of us have to suffer through any more losess, but such is life, which takes all but the memories.

You and I talked about this in another posting about my NAV... how it wouldnt turn off... well as it was, it turned out to be defective... it was running a current to the laser read arm constantly causing amps to go down sometimes to 11. So the dealer ended up replacing it and they even cleaned out my blower motor fan, had a leaf or two in it ... i should be getting my complimentary disc within a day or two... im excitited to hear about cool little features within the firmware.

Now iam facing a different problem comming from my right rear, either top shock mount(making a rigid metal bending noise) or the coil mount is making some metal knocking at low speeds<20mph. The 400 lbs tech drove it and said he couldnt hear anything (almost had a heart atack when he jumped in to the car)... i pointed out to him, that to me when looking through the rim, up top where the coil spring sit's, it seems to be incorrectly possitioned, the rubber protective sleve is not alligned like the other side is... he said no no its not a safety issue or anything.. i continue to hear it so i bought some RUBBER spring boosters 2 for each side to see how it feels with them in... gonna jack up the rear and put them in tmw after work... if you have any input about this please hit me with it... Thanks again.

cowboyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 seville sls, 2007 dts lux iii

Well here is another update..........I just talked to Reggie at gmnav and he tells me the certified nav update program ended about 14 months ago. My 2007 DTS is certified but I still have to pony up the 200 for the 2009. That does not make much sense since the 2010 will be out, I would suspect, with the 2010 models.........at this point might as well wait for the 2010 version unless anyone out there has other ideas.

T.I.A.
    Dick

Sorry to hear about the Certified program enfing.

That is the first I have heard about the Certified program ending for the free nav disk.

That is good to know...but,,,I might be tempted to call back one more time and talk to someone else.
    Just for the heck of it.

If true...I would wait for the 2010 disk.

Texas Jim

cowboyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 seville sls, 2007 dts lux iii

good Idea Jim but different person same answer although he said expired april 2008. Think I will wait for 2010

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by CaddiLukKing View Post
    Hey Everyone!!!...

Now iam facing a different problem comming from my right rear, either top shock mount(making a rigid metal bending noise) or the coil mount is making some metal knocking at low speeds<20mph. The 400 lbs tech drove it and said he couldnt hear anything (almost had a heart atack when he jumped in to the car)... i pointed out to him, that to me when looking through the rim, up top where the coil spring sit's, it seems to be incorrectly possitioned, the rubber protective sleve is not alligned like the other side is... he said no no its not a safety issue or anything.. i continue to hear it so i bought some RUBBER spring boosters 2 for each side to see how it feels with them in... gonna jack up the rear and put them in tmw after work... if you have any input about this please hit me with it... Thanks again.

I don't think I would be putting rubber spacers in it.
    If it is still under warranty...I would be having the service manager drive it / look at it.

This is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend you in any way..but...
    I would want it fixed RIGHT.
    Good Lord man...It is a 2007 TOP OF THE LINE CADILLAC.

It don't need rubber spacers in it like a 20 year old, $500 dollar beater.

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyd View Post
    good Idea Jim but different person same answer although he said expired april 2008. Think I will wait for 2010

Dick

I agree...I would wait for 2010.
    And then I would check e-bay...to see if it is any cheaper.

Jim

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I don't think I would be putting rubber spacers in it.
    If it is still under warranty...I would be having the service manager drive it / look at it.

This is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend you in any way..but...
    I would want it fixed RIGHT.
    Good Lord man...It is a 2007 TOP OF THE LINE CADILLAC.

It don't need rubber spacers in it like a 20 year old, $500 dollar beater.

Texas Jim
    I have taken it to different dealerships and both have said they dont hear anything and they are not willing to look for "GHOST'S" managers own words...

I had the same type Spring Boosters on my old Deville and it made a world of a difference... the car did'nt sagg to the ground scrapping the mufflers over every bump. I see it in almost every older Deville when someone is sitting in the back, the car's nose is up in the air while the rear is bottoming out. In any case I did front and back on my new one and believe me when i tell you that its a big difference, knocking and clinging is gone. Car sits higher about an inch & feels like an escalade no loss in handling.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.