Platinum Edition
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Platinum Edition in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone checked out the Platinum option for the DTS? I drove thru a couple of dealer's lots and didn't ...
    pharden is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Platinum Edition

Has anyone checked out the Platinum option for the DTS? I drove thru a couple of dealer's lots and didn't see any. I think the lighted door sills are interesting as are the f&r footwell lights. Also does any one know how many of the performance DTS are made in comparsion to the normal DTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Re: Platinum Edition

I love mine. Now that I've had mine for a few months, I think the Platinum interior should be the standard interior of course, I also think that the DTS should come in Luxury III and Performance trim only, and Cadillac should ditch the base, Lux I, and Lux II versions. Back to the Platinum. All the little things on the car add up to make it a nice upgrade over the regular cars. The backlit door sill plates are very nice, and you can almost miss the footwell lighting, its that subtle. One of the things I like the most is the Alcantara headliner, its a synthetic suede, and it feels extremely rich and really elevates the whole interior to another level. Also, the wood trim is a lighter stained ash with a decorative inlay, plus there are metal rings between the wood and leather on the steering wheel which add another little extra, there are also small chrome strips on the exterior door handles which really pop on the darker colors, and the floor mats are made of Berber carpet. And on the trunk, in place of the N* is a PLATINUM badge, and the trunk mat is made of a much nicer carpet. I can't point to any one thing over the other, but it all adds up to make this the DTS that should have been all along. Here's a few pictures I snapped:

EDIT:can't get my online pictures to post currently will try again later.

Also, I have both Lane Departure and Side Blind Zone alert, and I give 2 enthusiastic thumbs up to the blind zone alert, but the lane departure is the answer to a question nobody asked, I would trade it for a back-up camera without a second thought.

As far as number produced, mine was the first that my dealer sold, and I did run into the GM of the dealer and he said that he's sold several more but they've all been Luxury IIIs and mine is the only Performance so far.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

There is a good description of the "Platinum Edition" features at the following GM Ordering Guide link:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...page=4&butID=3

The Platinum Edition DTS, with the bench style seating, is now available, and if it were to be advertised by Cadillac (magazines, etc.) it would definitely be sold in greater numbers. It really does elevate the perceived uniqueness of the DTS. I also like the "chrome" grill on the exterior. If anyone can post pictures of some of the things described, it would be appreciated. The DTS Platinum Edition was long overdue!

rjm

A few images, will try to take more tomorrow:
    Attached Images
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Very nice!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

That is one stunning DTS. I've never seen one around these parts, unfortunately.

Thank you very much for sharing your photos. The unique wheels look gorgeous! It is hard to see the unique grill or door handles, though. It is so much nicer than the other non-Platinum DTS's! Good luck with your beautiful car!

rjm

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing your photos. The unique wheels look gorgeous! It is hard to see the unique grill or door handles, though. It is so much nicer than the other non-Platinum DTS's! Good luck with your beautiful car!

Here ya go:
    Attached Images

Thanks, once again, for the detailed photos (though you forgot your chrome grill)! FWIW, I have pasted the info from the Ordering Guide below, so others will notice the unique features:

Platinum Edition, includes Platinum Edition exterior badging; (PWG) unique 18" x 7.5" (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome wheels on 1SE Platinum Edition; (QZ6) 17" x 7" (43.2 cm x 17.8 cm) chrome wheels on 1SD Platinum Edition; chrome grille (except with [K59] Adaptive Cruise Control option); unique small chrome insert on door handle lift bar; 7 exterior color offerings: (17U) Radiant Silver, (41U) Black Raven, (57U) Gray Flannel, (76U) Double Espresso, (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat, (96U) Blue Diamond Tricoat (Note: exterior color (96U) Blue Diamond Tricoat is only available with interior trim (416) Light Linen Tuscany Leather); and (98U) White Diamond Tricoat; (AN3) 40/20/40 flex seating and (AQ9) bucket seats available on 1SD Platinum Edition, (AQ9) bucket seats only available on 1SE Platinum Edition; 2 interior leather color choices: (196) Ebony Tuscany Leather or (197) Ebony Tehama Leather and (416) Light Linen Tuscany Leather or (417) Light Linen Tehama Leather with Cocoa seats; genuine Light Ash wood interior accents with decorative inlay; leather-wrapped console and instrument panel top pad; French-seamed door inserts; Alcantara microfiber headliner, visors, pillars and sail panels, unique floor mats/upgraded fabric; reversible upgraded fabric trunk mat; chrome rings between wood and leather intersections of steering wheel; (U3R) AM/FM stereo with navigation system; (CF5) power sunroof; (UFL) Lane Departure Warning; (UFT) Side Blind Zone Alert; front and rear foot well lighting; illuminated sill plates
    1 - Available with (AN3) 40/20/40 flex front seating or (AQ9) front bucket seats.
    2 - Available with (AQ9) front bucket seats.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

This is great pharden and rjm. Many thanks for posting this.

Is there any chance that you could also share a shot of the Platinum-unique floor mats?

Once again, many thanks,

Tomko

drtymac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98' DeVille

Hey RJM, just curious. Is there a part# for the chrome door handles, I've been trying to find them with no luck. I keep getting hits on the chrome covers instead.

rjm

Quote Originally Posted by drtymac View Post
    Hey RJM, just curious. Is there a part# for the chrome door handles, I've been trying to find them with no luck. I keep getting hits on the chrome covers instead.

Have to take it to dealer this week for its first oil change, will try get #.

Tomko: the floor mats are made of Berber carpet. I actually preferred the mats in my '06 Lux III. They're different, but are much thinner and don't seem to be as sturdy.

Rantz_alot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: Platinum Edition

Just joined the forum and had to share the Joy!

I treated myself to a 2009 Crystal Red Platinum Edition over the Holidays; and wow am I ever glad I made the move. My first Caddy and she (Ruby) is quite a doll....

Options include the Platinum Edition, Tehama leather upgrade (sweet), Adaptive CC, and Crystal Red Tintcoat. Had the dealer throw in the Vogue touring tyres for a little more charm.

I am very happy with my new car and it is super comfortable. Decided on the low-end torque motor for my style of driving versus Performance Edition, but on some days I question this; Drove both and preferred the traditional Caddy ride.

I traded in my 2003 Town Car with 120k miles and that was a gorgeous car in upgraded tri-coat ivory, couldn't pass up the dealer offer. Overall, made a super deal on my new Caddy.

I agree with the earlier post that the Platinum makes the DTS a very special and unique automobile and represents what they should build into to every Cadillac.

looking forward to being a member here and sharing in comments and experiences!
    Attached Images

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Beautiful automobile.
    I love the Crystal Red...thinking hard about that color being on my next one.

I now have a 2006 Performance Edition in White Lightning Tri Coat.

Texas Jim

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Another nice one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.