Quietest tires for 2007 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Quietest tires for 2007 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My stock Continental tires are to noisy. 2007 DTS lux lll ( i think,not sure about the lll). P235/55 R ...
    30+MrGAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2007 DTS

Quietest tires for 2007 DTS

My stock Continental tires are to noisy.

2007 DTS lux lll ( i think,not sure about the lll).
    P235/55 R 17 (98s ?)

I have 27,000 on car and live in the Arizona desert ,it actually reaches 120 here in summer.

I have been reading other forums and going through this Cadillac forum and have not found a very precise amount of info.
    I thought Toyo tires were supposed to be very quiet .I saw them in a high end magazine,Robb Report.

Been looking at Yokohama AVS DB but not able to find the ones mentioned for sale.AVS DB S2,same with Toyo...Toyo T1-S.

Does anyone here recomend a specific Tire for being real Quiet?

I also checked on nitrogen instead of air in tires and B-Quiet sound deadening material to make the DTS even quieter.Sound good to you guy's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Re: Quietest tires for 2007 DTS

nosro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Michelin Primacy MXV4

The Michelin MXV4 line has always been known for being quiet. "Primacy" is the latest iteration of the MXV4 lineup.

In my vehicle wind-noise is far noisier than the Primacy MXV4 tires.

Dave Buswell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe; 2013 XTS

When it came time to replace the OEM Continental tires on my '07 Lux II, I arranged through my dealer to buy a set of Vogue Tyres. They are not only attractive but silent. I highly recommend them. They're quite pricey but well worth the cost.

BTW, they cannot be purchased directly by the user but only through a dealer. If you're interested and your dealer doesn't have the Vogue phone number in NC, let me know and I'll give it to you.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by nosro View Post
    Michelin Primacy MXV4

The Michelin MXV4 line has always been known for being quiet. "Primacy" is the latest iteration of the MXV4 lineup.

My father-in law got these for his 04 Deville DTS recently and loves them. And, he is fairly picky. I am very loyal to Michelin, as I think they make the quitest best riding tire around - never had Vogue.

steveaikens is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade, 2004 Deville DTS

Glad to hear good words about the Michelin® Primacy™ MXV4. I'm starting to reach the point I need to replace my current Michelin MX4, which I thought/think are great. What I've been able to find out from my research is that the new Primacy tire exceeds the quality of the MX4. These will likely be my next set of sneakers.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Vogue Custom Built Wide-Track Touring Tyres are the quietest I have experienced on a Cadillac (series IX).

CalDrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac DTS

Quote Originally Posted by nosro View Post
    Michelin Primacy MXV4

For wind noise, check to see that the rubber seals on the door edges are in their proper place and tight. Mine were loose on the front and rear passenger doors and made a lot of noise until I re-fitted them properly. The wind noise went away.

1Eldo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '00 ETC '07 DTS '76 Eldorado (sold)

After 500 miles on the my new Goodyear Comfortreds, I couldn't be happier. These things are quiet! They handle just fine for the DTS. Of course after the OEM Continentals, anything would be nice.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

You guys are real lucky to have multiple choices for tires.
    You all have 17 inch tires.

The Performance Sedans have low profile 18 inch tires.
    There are VERY FEW choices for us.
    I had to get two tires the other day before going on a trip.
    Had to put more of the noisy Bridgestone Turanza's on it.

The only other choice was Michelin Pilot's, and according to Tire Rack reviews, they are also pretty noisy, have REAL SHORT tread life and cost a more than the Bridgestones.

Texas Jim

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    You guys are real lucky to have multiple choices for tires.
    You all have 17 inch tires.

The Performance Sedans have low profile 18 inch tires.
    There are VERY FEW choices for us.
    I had to get two tires the other day before going on a trip.
    Had to put more of the noisy Bridgestone Turanza's on it.

The only other choice was Michelin Pilot's, and according to Tire Rack reviews, they are also pretty noisy, have REAL SHORT tread life and cost a more than the Bridgestones.

Texas Jim
    Jim,

I replaced my Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4s. They're much quieter than the Bridgestones, but (at least for me) there is still too much road roar from the Michelins, thankfully its only a problem on rougher and/or older pavement. The Bridgestones would broadcast anything on the road, including the road itself, and above 40 mph I found myself shouting at my rear seat passengers. This was with 3000 miles on the tires, so I can only imagine what the Bridgestones would be like after 10K-15K miles.

After much online research, I wanted the Primacy MXV4, but 18" is V speed rated and the guys at the tire store said I would be lucky to get 12K-15K miles on a set. But they told me I would only get 25K-30K on the MXM4, but I can handle that since I only drive about 10K miles/year and have a 2 year lease.

I could write a small volume about the discussions I had with Bridgestone and Cadillac concerning these tires. They just kept stressing performance, performance, and I kept saying I bought a Cadillac--if I wanted performance and feel of the road I'd have bought a Corvette!

These Michelins put too much emphasis on performance for my taste, but at least I have my Cadillac ride back. Which was something I could never say about the Bridgestones!

RJM,

Thanks for the response.

Tire Rack don't show my size, but I do business at my local Discount Tire.
    If they can get my size, I will check with them about a credit on the ones I have now, and see what kind of a deal I can work out.

I would LOVE to get rid of the noise.

Texas Jim

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    RJM,

Thanks for the response.

Tire Rack don't show my size, but I do business at my local Discount Tire.
    If they can get my size, I will check with them about a credit on the ones I have now, and see what kind of a deal I can work out.

I would LOVE to get rid of the noise.

Texas Jim

I paid a little over $1200 for the set. Even though I had only 3000 miles on the Bridgestones, I wasn't able to get any trade credit.

I think these Michelins could be quieter still, but anythings better than those Bridgestones. Although I will say this for the Bridgestones, they did handle extremely well. On drive pavement at least, after my first experience in the rain, I shudder to think what they'd be like in a light snowfall!!!

I even checked with the dealer about trading in my 18" wheels for the 17s, but 1) it would throw off the magnetic ride control and 2) at their cost the trade out price was $500 a wheel. If I were keeping the car, I seriously considered it, but since I lease I think I've made the best compromise. Everyone has gone out of their way to point out that 18" and 19" tires focus on performance first and all other aspects second.

As I said before, I've stressed to Cadillac in the strongest terms possible, while remaining gentlemanly, that if I cared about pure sports car performance, I would not be driving a Cadillac.

Best of luck!

rjm,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I will let you know what happens.

I too love the handling of the Bridgestones, but the noise IS terrible. It drives me nuts.

I am driving a 2008 LUX lll this week. I took mine in for some minor things, and some paint work. There was a place on the passengers rear door where the paint was fading.

The LUX lll IS somewhat quieter then my Performance Sedan, but nowhere near as quite as it SHOULD be. It has Michelin Energy tires on it.

I have put a little over 1300 miles on it. I don't really like it. Way too much body motion at highway speeds on secondary roads. Heck, even on interstates, at 80+, it has way too much body motion. It is actually tiring to drive it long distances.

I drove it 450 miles Tuesday and 450 miles back home Wednesday and I was actually TIRED from driving it.

That NEVER HAPPENS with my Performance Sedan. The Performance Sedan is the best high speed, highway car, I have ever owned. And I have owned a BUNCH of cars in my 63 years. (Laughing Out Loud)

I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Covered 5500 miles in 9 days. Thats a lot of driving. Drove nonstop from Ft. Worth TX to Billings Montana... about 1500 miles in about 20 hours with several stops to eat and look at things.

On the way back home, I drove MY CAR from Winnamucca NV to Denver in one day. Thats about 900 miles and I was less tired than driving the LUX lll 450 miles. I don't really understand that, but... I know I won't be buying another one without the MAG RIDE.

I sometimes drive my car very BRISKLY, and the Performance Sedan handles much better than a 2.5 ton Cadillac has any right to.
    After about 25,000 or 30,000 miles the dry weather handling fell off a good bit, but that was to be expected.

I had no complaints about the rain handling till they were about half worn down at around 20,000 or 25,000 miles. They did well for me. After they wore down about half way, they would hydroplane if you ran over 60.

The Magnetic Ride Control in conjugation with the Four Channel Stabilitrac and Four Channel ABS, makes for some excellent handling. (and a superior ride) If you ever push it really hard or accidentally get in a bad situation, it can save you from yourself.

I am thinking about having it heavily undercoated or installing DYNO MAT in it to kill some of the noise. I am doing some research now on the DYNO MAT type products.

I would love to have it as quite as my old Fleetwood Broughams, but I fear that ain't gonna happen. I remember those cars as being SO QUITE on the road.

Sorry to get so long winded....

Later,
    Texas Jim

caddyo6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac dts '06

I'm still new to the cadillac world and have an 06 performance edition with about 62,000 miles on it. I just test drove the 08 with pilots on it and it was a big difference and a lot better. I'm thinking about getting them and see what they are about.

SSgt Stokes

Caddy06...dang that's a DTS...
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.