Quietest tires for 2007 DTS - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Quietest tires for 2007 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My local dealer recommended a local tire shop here in SoCal and they recommended Falken tires. They were much cheaper ...
    bulko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black '06 DTS

Re: Quietest tires for 2007 DTS

My local dealer recommended a local tire shop here in SoCal and they recommended Falken tires. They were much cheaper than the name brands and I was very hesitant but the tire guys seemed very confident that I would be happy. I was nervous the whole time but the minute I got out on the highway I was like WOW! My DTS has never driven quieter or smoother. I'll be sticking with these for sure.

Dad7159 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS4 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bulko
    My local dealer recommended a local tire shop here in SoCal and they recommended Falken tires. They were much cheaper than the name brands and I was very hesitant but the tire guys seemed very confident that I would be happy. I was nervous the whole time but the minute I got out on the highway I was like WOW! My DTS has never driven quieter or smoother. I'll be sticking with these for sure.
    I also have Falkin tires, my second set. I love them too. You can't beat the price and quality. I have 20 inch z rated. I got 24k out of my previous set.

billdaman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

235/55R-17 Michelin Primacy MXV4 -set of 4 $779 Delivered + $70 rebate

Tire Rack Order Date: 07/26/2012 Via: UPS Ground From: South Bend, IN

Total Price with Shipping (no Tax) $779 PLUS you get 70$ Rebate card

4 235/55R-17 Michelin Primacy MXV4 In Stock $181.00 $724.00
    Some products above selected for the following vehicle(s):
    Vehicle: 06 Cadillac DTS
    Shipping: $55.96
    Order Total Including Shipping: $779.96

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

I have 154K and about to get my third set of OEM Turanza's 400-02
    033-108 TURANZA EL400-02 245/50R18 4 US$168.34 US$673.36
    Product Cost US$673.36
    I'm getting about 80 K out of these tires(rated for 50 K), and right now i'm turning off traction and really let the tires get to the bare wires( but they are so strong no peel out will tear them) I don't understand how none of you like the Bridgestones, "granted they do start to make road noise at 50 - 60 mph after 50 k 60 K miles, but why care about noise, as long as they hold the road i don't care) Turn up some good tunes and enjoy the drive.

jazoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

My Caddy has Firestone Affinity Touring tires with approximately 10,000 miles. They are kind of noisy on the highway. I had Dunlop SP Sport 5000M on my 06 LS430. They were very quite and performed really well but they didn't last long. I replaced those with Michelin Primacy MXV4 and I like the handling & performance.

My brother has 2008 DTS Performace Package with Bridgestone Turanza EL42. He really likes'em.

5.0 lsc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium
    +1 for the primacys. I went from contis to these and they were like night and day. Very quiet and smooth.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I will never again own, of my own free will, another car with Bridgestone EL400 on it.
    I hate 'em.

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I will never again own, of my own free will, another car with Bridgestone EL400 on it.
    I hate 'em.

Texas Jim
    Sounds like iam the only fan of O.E.M.'s...

DevilleDeeman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS LuxII, 2008 Saturn Vue XR

Quote Originally Posted by CaddiLukKing View Post
    Sounds like iam the only fan of O.E.M.'s...
    Not a fan of Oem's as well, the car manufacturer's always seem to put sup-par tires on cars.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilleDeeman View Post
    Not a fan of Oem's as well, the car manufacturer's always seem to put sup-par tires on cars.
    SUB_PAR... are you joking? manufactures go thru alot of testing before they choose tires for a car.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddiLukKing View Post
    SUB_PAR... are you joking? manufactures go thru alot of testing before they choose tires for a car.
    And most of them still suck...

Jim

CaddyMAK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS 2006
    I really need new tires because my Michelin mxv4 energy plus have a serious case of dry rot. Hopefully they will honor their 6 year guarantee because there is plenty of tread left.
    I was looking at the Michelin Defenders which are now the new oem replacement by Michelin for my model (17s). And heard good things from the same salesmen about the BF Goodrich Advantage TA. But I read that the BFs are noisy and the handling is not great. Has anyone had these tires on their DTS? Good/bad buy?

Rantz_alot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have Vogues, they have 38k miles and have done a nice job; they handle well and can be fun to push a little bit, but I dont find them that quite. On my last 03 Town Car I put Goodyear ComforTreads when I needed a replacement set and I really liked the quite and comfort. They were a great riding and quite tire, and handled well. If I don't go with another set of Vogues, I am leaning to the ComforTreads, they were super quite. I also like the Michelins Primacys, they are the only ones I would get from Michelin. I would skip the BFs. Good luck

CaddyMAK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DTS 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz_alot View Post
    I have Vogues, they have 38k miles and have done a nice job; they handle well and can be fun to push a little bit, but I dont find them that quite. On my last 03 Town Car I put Goodyear ComforTreads when I needed a replacement set and I really liked the quite and comfort. They were a great riding and quite tire, and handled well. If I don't go with another set of Vogues, I am leaning to the ComforTreads, they were super quite. I also like the Michelins Primacys, they are the only ones I would get from Michelin. I would skip the BFs. Good luck
    It looks like I will be going with the Primacy tires because the Defenders are nationally out of stock for the next 1+ months. I should know by Wednesday. I was interested in the Toyo Versado LX II but can't find them here in KY at a reasonable distance from home. I am not too much of a fan of Goodyear. I'd like to stick to the French, the Italian (Pirelli P6+) on this or the Japanese. I can't wait to see the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyMAK View Post
    It looks like I will be going with the Primacy tires because the Defenders are nationally out of stock for the next 1+ months. I should know by Wednesday. I was interested in the Toyo Versado LX II but can't find them here in KY at a reasonable distance from home. I am not too much of a fan of Goodyear. I'd like to stick to the French, the Italian (Pirelli P6+) on this or the Japanese. I can't wait to see the difference!
    Just as another point of reference...
    I am running Yokohama Advan S4...
    They are quiet, handle well and are long wearing... I like them.

Texas Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.