Quietest tires for 2007 DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, Quietest tires for 2007 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Sarge, How long have you had your '06 Performance Sedan? How do you like it? I am on my second ...
    Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: Quietest tires for 2007 DTS

Sarge,

How long have you had your '06 Performance Sedan?
    How do you like it?

I am on my second '06 Performance Sedan. My first one burned when my garage caught on fire. Had 35,000 on it.

Found one just like it at a dealer, in Dec '06, that hadn't been sold yet.
    Bought it on Dec 22.
    It was our Christmas present.
    It now has 47,000 on it.

Texas Jim

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I just replaced the stock Goodyear RS-A tires on my 06 SRX (35K miles) with Michelin Latitude Tour HP. (v rated - only Latitudes available in the SRX staggered fitment) I'll post a complete review once I have more that a few miles on them, but they appear to be a quiet, high performance tire. Then again, stone "tires" from the Flintstones would be quieter than the stock GY RS-As

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    they appear to be a quiet, high performance tire. Then again, stone "tires" from the Flintstones would be quieter than the stock GY RS-As

I know what you mean about STONE tires.
    Thats about the way these Bridge STONE tires are.
    Maybe they watched Fred too much.

Keep us updated about your new Michelin Latitudes and how you like (or don't like) them.

Texas Jim

Yabba dabba doo!

caddyo6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac dts '06

Jim I've had it since Feb. 06...it was my welcome back present to myself. I love it and I'm thinking about getting the Nav screen put in. That's the only feature that she didn't have when I picked it up. She had 8,000 (give or take) miles when I picked her up...and now she's almost at 65,000 and still riding well. The only issue I had besides the tires feeling like rocks is the check engine light that comes on sometimes after I feel her up. I think the gas cap seal is bad. I had a 05 STS and it was horrible feeling compared to the DTS. I wish Cadillac would still keep them going after 2010, but hey every great tradition has to end sometime...

Southern is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird

"The only issue I had besides the tires feeling like rocks is the check engine light that comes on sometimes after I feel her up. "

I dated a girl like that once.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyo6 View Post
    Jim I've had it since Feb. 06...it was my welcome back present to myself. I love it and I'm thinking about getting the Nav screen put in. That's the only feature that she didn't have when I picked it up. She had 8,000 (give or take) miles when I picked her up...and now she's almost at 65,000 and still riding well. The only issue I had besides the tires feeling like rocks is the check engine light that comes on sometimes after I feel her up. I think the gas cap seal is bad. I had a 05 STS and it was horrible feeling compared to the DTS. I wish Cadillac would still keep them going after 2010, but hey every great tradition has to end sometime...

First off, let me say .... THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

I got my first one in Feb '06 also.
    Got the 2nd one for a Christmas present on Dec '06.

We have really enjoyed them.
    The first one DID NOT have nav.
    This one DOES.

I really like the nav system. It has came in real handy a bunch of times.
    We like to travel and sometimes get off on back roads. After a while, and a few hundred turns, it is sometimes kinda hard to know how to GET BACK to a main road.

There is a possibility that it is your gas cap seal causing the check engine light. Take it by an auto parts place and have them use a scanner to pull your codes. The stored code will tell you what is causing it to come on.

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    "The only issue I had besides the tires feeling like rocks is the check engine light that comes on sometimes after I feel her up. "

I dated a girl like that once.

I hear you. I think I dated one like that also.

Texas Jim

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I hear you. I think I dated one like that also.

Texas Jim

I'd have been happy if I could've gotten close enough to actually do that!

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

Back to the tires, my last two rentals both wore BADyears, and Impala with ~5000 miles and an SRX with ~2500 miles. I thought the Bridgestones couldn't get any noisier, but those BADyears set a new standard for road noise, and I'm not just talking road roar either. I've never heard tires ping, thump, whistle, etc. like those BADyears did. But, to their credit, at least they didn't produce the vibrations that the Bridgestones did. I also didn't get the chance to drive either in the rain, so I can't comment on whether they hydroplaned like the Bridgestones.

And Jim, you brought up a sore spot with me. I wish I had kept my '91 Brougham d'Elegance. THAT was a CADILLAC. But I didn't have the garage space, so I let it go. If I had it to do over.......

I also remember the Michelin XH4 tires on it, those had to be the quietest, smoothest riding tires ever, and their handling wasn't bad either. I guess Michelin had to quit making that tire, it was too good!

So far I'm 80% pleased with these Michelin Pilot MXM4s. There's still more road noise than I would like, but at least its only noticeable on older pavement, and for the most part its just general road roar, and not any pings, dings, whistles, thumps, etc. that the Bridgestones produced.

I've resigned myself that until the carmakers realize that luxury cars aren't about performance, we're stuck with these crappy tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    I know what you mean about STONE tires.
    Thats about the way these Bridge STONE tires are.
    Maybe they watched Fred too much.

Keep us updated about your new Michelin Latitudes and how you like (or don't like) them.

Texas Jim
    I have a couple hundred miles on the Latitude Tour HPs and can recommend them. I had to get V rated tires because Michelin doesn't make this tire in an H rating in the size needed for the 17" rear wheels of the SRX. The tires are much quieter and have better grip than the stock Goodyear RSAs. However, I notice that they transfer more high frequency vibration to the body when driving on concrete. Hopefully, this will get less over time.

While this would probably be a good tire for a DTS Performance, the Michelin website says they don't offer any tires for the DTS Performance. You'd probably have to get something with a different width and aspect ratio that would still yield the same diameter.

crabtrees1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am very Happy with "Toyo Terveno" I bought at Les Schwab Tire. A little pricey though! but very quite and good ride so far. Good Luck.......................

Nehemiah Chambers is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS

I recently replaced my noisy Continentals with some Kumho ECSTA LX Platinum's. My tire size are the 17 so I purchased a set 235/55ZR. They are an Ultra high performance luxury touring tire with a 60k mile warranty and they sound great compared to the Conti's. I bought them off tirerack and paid with shipping to my choice of installer $595. Great looking tire and not a bad price.IMG-20110727-00105 (800x600).jpg

StuJac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III

I just put a set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortreads Touring on my 08 and I love them. They are much quieter than the OEM's; handle just as well and well worth what I spent on them.

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

My recently purchased 06 DTS came with Uniroyal Tiger Paws M&S. They sound like knobby old snow tires.
    I sure would like to change them but they're new & are smooth as silk. Just don't like the noise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.