2009 DTS Official Changes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 DTS Official Changes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; DTS Deletions Exterior color (14U) WA-308N Mystic Gray Exterior color (67U) WA-994L Light Platinum Exterior color (78U) Sunset Blue Exterior ...
    caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

2009 DTS Official Changes

DTS
    Deletions
    Exterior color (14U) WA-308N Mystic Gray
    Exterior color (67U) WA-994L Light Platinum
    Exterior color (78U) Sunset Blue
    Exterior color (99U) WA-368N Titanium ChromaFlair
    Cashmere interior with Cocoa accents (392/393)
    1SD and 1SE front headrest articulation deleted (regulatory requirement)
    Rear power sunshade on 1SD and 1SE PEGs

New Features
    Exterior color (17U) WA-636R Radiant Silver

Exterior color (57U) WA-637R Gray Flannel

(N80) 17" x 7" wheel now ChromeTech for 1SD PEG

Speed Limit Notification with speed alert on (U3R) Navigation radio
    (UBS) XM NavTraffic
    Body-colored, roof-mounted OnStar/XM antenna
    Generation 8.0 OnStar with Bluetooth connectivity
    Heated and cooled seat switches on door pad for improved daytime visibility
    Express-close on sunroof
    Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC) process prevents rust from forming on brake rotors

Changes
    Redesigned, larger and fuller headrests to help minimize the risk of severe injury in the event of a crash
    Steering column lock now standard
    Outside rearview mirrors with "Razor" turn signal LED's and brighter Side Blind Zone Alert cons
    Display enhancements to (U2K) XM satellite radio on (US8) and (US9) audio systems

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...D=6548&type=0#

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: 2009 DTS Official Changes

I guess that settles the question - no V6 DTS next year.

I noticed that the N* Lucerne will be called the Super rather than CXS. The 3.8 will be replaced with the 3.9.

nosro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser View Post
    Body-colored, roof-mounted OnStar/XM antenna
    ... Bluetooth connectivity ...
    Finally!

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    I guess that settles the question - no V6 DTS next year.

I noticed that the N* Lucerne will be called the Super rather than CXS. The 3.8 will be replaced with the 3.9.
    Yes, they dropped the CXS mid-way through '08 because it was going to overlap with the Super which is the same thing but with the different fascia, wheels, and some trim. And same for the 3.8L --> 3.9L, which isn't a huge change...but at least brings more power.

For the DTS, colors, options, etc. as usual. I don't think I'd expect a V6 anytime soon or even at all in this platform, despite what has been rumored--just not a car worth putting even that development cost into at this point (i.e. to get the 3.6L/6-speed in and doable). Too much to be worth it, especially for what would be a paltry take rate.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS Performance Sedan

Speed Limit Notification with speed alert on (U3R) Navigation radio
    (UBS) XM NavTraffic

Looks like I would have to get one without NAV ... unless THAT could be turned off.

If it notifies you every time you go over the speed limit... that could be super annoying.

There are some freeways around here that have a speed limit of 60 or 65.... but the traffic flow in the left lane is routinely 80 or so.

I hate that they got rid of the power rear sunshade. I like it. I think it is cool.

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Looks like I would have to get one without NAV ... unless THAT could be turned off.

If it notifies you every time you go over the speed limit... that could be super annoying.
    I will bet you money that you will be able to turn that off. Any vehicle sold in the world with a speed warning device has always had the option to be deactivated or set to whatever the driver wants (e.g. 200MPH, effectively off). There is no legislation governing this, so the automakers will always aim to be as unrestrictive as possible.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by nosro View Post
    I will bet you money that you will be able to turn that off. Any vehicle sold in the world with a speed warning device has always had the option to be deactivated or set to whatever the driver wants (e.g. 200MPH, effectively off). There is no legislation governing this, so the automakers will always aim to be as unrestrictive as possible.
    Same here. The only time I do the speed limit is in bumper to bumper traffic or when stuck behind a lane hog.

And Jim, I agree about the sunshade. Remember, the 2000-2005 DHS also had them on the rear doors and I moaned considerably when I found out my 2006 would only have the rear window shade. Now its going the way of the gas door release, parking brake release, and trunk closer. I guess Cadillac thinks we loyal owners won't notice that its missing.

My DTS Platinum has been delayed because of the American Axle strike and I had thought of calling the dealer tomorrow and cancelling that order and wait for a 2009, but maybe I'll just wait for the '08.....

Quote Originally Posted by rjm View Post
    Same here. The only time I do the speed limit is in bumper to bumper traffic or when stuck behind a lane hog.

And Jim, I agree about the sunshade. Remember, the 2000-2005 DHS also had them on the rear doors and I moaned considerably when I found out my 2006 would only have the rear window shade. Now its going the way of the gas door release, parking brake release, and trunk closer. I guess Cadillac thinks we loyal owners won't notice that its missing.

My DTS Platinum has been delayed because of the American Axle strike and I had thought of calling the dealer tomorrow and cancelling that order and wait for a 2009, but maybe I'll just wait for the '08.....

Yep... I know what you mean about things going away on the cars. It really ticks me off. I personally like all the little nice things that distinguish a Cadillac from other cars.

This is my 12th Cadillac. I really hope it isn't my last ... but if they keep taking stuff off of them... I don't know.....

Also... if it was me...waiting on a new car...I would SERIOUSLY consider canceling and ordering a 2009.

You can probably order a 2009 in a couple of weeks or so and have it by the end of August. Thats just a little over 4 months.

Then you could actually DRIVE IT a YEAR before it is a year old. If you get the 2008... it will be a year old in 4 months... as soon as the 2009's hit the showroom.

Texas Jim

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

These changes are most disappointing! Once again, Cadillac is letting the model decline, as it did with the Eldorado, so there will be very little interest in it, and thus sale/purchase of it, and when they "kill it off" they will claim sales for the DTS model have been declining. Well, DUH! . . . Cadillac needs to spend a little more money, on valid annual model change enhancements, in order to make money, and there is hardly any manufactured product in existence with the loyal following and brand recognition that the DTS model possesses--yet, they will ignore this cachet that other brands envy! They are still beautiful cars, but they could be so much more! They are still the most widely recognized model in the Cadillac line-up, and the most consistent with the first one hundred plus years of heritage for the brand--this should be kept much more up-to-date, as a showpiece for the brand!

(P.S.--At this date, if I were ordering, I would also wait for a 2009 and try to get one of the first available.)

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    These changes are most disappointing! Once again, Cadillac is letting the model decline...
    Well, maybe. But you are writing as though it is a given that the DTS should not be allowed to decline.

In the big picture, the Cadillac brand has been ascending based on models such as the CTS and Escalade and also due to the V-series. The DTS is there because of "traditional"/"mature" buyers (who by definition are dying). Whereas the DTS was once the "father" of the brand, it is now the black sheep of the brand.

I know people around here like the DTS as is (as do I, otherwise I wouldn't have one), but the days of the current DTS as a plush soft vehicle are numbered. When 2012 comes around, it will be a luxury car in the manner of BMW and Mercedes, just as the CTS and STS are, and will be a true flagship for Cadillac. Ergo, there's not a lot of impetus to improve the current DTS in its final years.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Quote Originally Posted by nosro View Post
    Well, maybe. But you are writing as though it is a given that the DTS should not be allowed to decline.

In the big picture, the Cadillac brand has been ascending based on models such as the CTS and Escalade and also due to the V-series. The DTS is there because of "traditional"/"mature" buyers (who by definition are dying). Whereas the DTS was once the "father" of the brand, it is now the black sheep of the brand.

I know people around here like the DTS as is (as do I, otherwise I wouldn't have one), but the days of the current DTS as a plush soft vehicle are numbered. When 2012 comes around, it will be a luxury car in the manner of BMW and Mercedes, just as the CTS and STS are, and will be a true flagship for Cadillac. Ergo, there's not a lot of impetus to improve the current DTS in its final years.

I guess my observations were too negative. Although I am aware of the overall "plan" as you present it, and I have chosen to own a 2003, and now a 2008 CTS, this current DTS still deserves greater improvements until 2012 comes around. This level of product changes seems to be just "prolonging the process" of killing off the DTS. When the new model comes, to replace the STS & DTS, there will be quite a lot of Cadillac's future riding on it! In my opinion, re-inventing the brand as merely an American BMW clone will not work out. There will always have to be one model in their line-up slanted towards discernable Cadillac design cues and features, with an acknowledgement of their heritage. Cadillac also needs to offer competitive (i.e. high caliber) entries in the other model categories, such as the second-generation CTS. Time will tell how consumers accept these replacement models . . .

I don't want a BMW or a Mercedes. If I did ... I would buy one.

I want a CADILLAC that is really a CADILLAC. I will be needing one about the time the new RWD model comes out.

But it looks like what I (and others) want... no longer matters.

They will make what they want to, and we will take it or leave it. I am getting more and more inclined to leave it, unless the new model is once again a REAL CADILLAC.

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    ...In my opinion, re-inventing the brand as merely an American BMW clone will not work out. ...
    The new CTS probably speaks most clearly about where the Cadillac brand is going. It's not a BMW clone. But it certainly gives up the soft-comfy feel of yesterday's Cadillac in favor of a sharper-edge (style and driving feel). If you ask me, Cadillac is trying to be a stylish and fashionable sports car, where BMW's have always been very conservative or odd in appearance. The success of the current CTS would seem to indicate that this is working.

The simple fact is that the majority of young buyers (especially the yuppie crowd, a highly coveted segment) are turned off by the soft floaty feel of older Cadillacs and favor this sharper-edge feel that BMW and Mercedes have always had. My guess is that the 2012 DTS will have a "soft-comfy" trim lever to cater to the mature crowd, but the "normal" trim level will have a more BMW feel to cater to a younger demographic.

sts96 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was true to cadillac thru 14 cars but have been put off by lower quality and de-featured 06 dts lux lll. will keep the dts to drive as an alternate to the mercedes 500 SL I just purchased, my first non US made car.
    sts96

Andy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Andy1 here. I have read that 2010 is last FWD DTS with Northstar V8. After that, all Caddies will be V6 power and DTS will be combined with STS in one model, all RWD and V6, no more Northstar V8.
    Say it aint so...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.