21K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  hyperboimmv 
#1 ·
DTS
Deletions
Exterior color (14U) WA-308N Mystic Gray
Exterior color (67U) WA-994L Light Platinum
Exterior color (78U) Sunset Blue
Exterior color (99U) WA-368N Titanium ChromaFlair
Cashmere interior with Cocoa accents (392/393)
1SD and 1SE front headrest articulation deleted (regulatory requirement)
Rear power sunshade on 1SD and 1SE PEGs

New Features
Exterior color (17U) WA-636R Radiant Silver

Exterior color (57U) WA-637R Gray Flannel

(N80) 17" x 7" wheel now ChromeTech for 1SD PEG

Speed Limit Notification with speed alert on (U3R) Navigation radio
(UBS) XM NavTraffic
Body-colored, roof-mounted OnStar/XM antenna
Generation 8.0 OnStar with Bluetooth connectivity
Heated and cooled seat switches on door pad for improved daytime visibility
Express-close on sunroof
Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC) process prevents rust from forming on brake rotors

Changes
Redesigned, larger and fuller headrests to help minimize the risk of severe injury in the event of a crash
Steering column lock now standard
Outside rearview mirrors with "Razor" turn signal LED's and brighter Side Blind Zone Alert cons
Display enhancements to (U2K) XM satellite radio on (US8) and (US9) audio systems

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...egionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=6548&type=0#

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes, they dropped the CXS mid-way through '08 because it was going to overlap with the Super which is the same thing but with the different fascia, wheels, and some trim. And same for the 3.8L --> 3.9L, which isn't a huge change...but at least brings more power.

For the DTS, colors, options, etc. as usual. I don't think I'd expect a V6 anytime soon or even at all in this platform, despite what has been rumored--just not a car worth putting even that development cost into at this point (i.e. to get the 3.6L/6-speed in and doable). Too much to be worth it, especially for what would be a paltry take rate.

#5 ·
Speed Limit Notification with speed alert on (U3R) Navigation radio
(UBS) XM NavTraffic

Looks like I would have to get one without NAV ... unless THAT could be turned off. :) :)

If it notifies you every time you go over the speed limit... that could be super annoying.

There are some freeways around here that have a speed limit of 60 or 65.... but the traffic flow in the left lane is routinely 80 or so.

I hate that they got rid of the power rear sunshade. I like it. I think it is cool.

Texas Jim

#6 ·
Looks like I would have to get one without NAV ... unless THAT could be turned off. :) :)

If it notifies you every time you go over the speed limit... that could be super annoying.
I will bet you money that you will be able to turn that off. Any vehicle sold in the world with a speed warning device has always had the option to be deactivated or set to whatever the driver wants (e.g. 200MPH, effectively off). There is no legislation governing this, so the automakers will always aim to be as unrestrictive as possible.

#9 ·
These changes are most disappointing! Once again, Cadillac is letting the model decline, as it did with the Eldorado, so there will be very little interest in it, and thus sale/purchase of it, and when they "kill it off" they will claim sales for the DTS model have been declining. Well, DUH! . . . Cadillac needs to spend a little more money, on valid annual model change enhancements, in order to make money, and there is hardly any manufactured product in existence with the loyal following and brand recognition that the DTS model possesses--yet, they will ignore this cachet that other brands envy! They are still beautiful cars, but they could be so much more! They are still the most widely recognized model in the Cadillac line-up, and the most consistent with the first one hundred plus years of heritage for the brand--this should be kept much more up-to-date, as a showpiece for the brand!

(P.S.--At this date, if I were ordering, I would also wait for a 2009 and try to get one of the first available.)

#10 ·
These changes are most disappointing! Once again, Cadillac is letting the model decline...
Well, maybe. But you are writing as though it is a given that the DTS should not be allowed to decline.

In the big picture, the Cadillac brand has been ascending based on models such as the CTS and Escalade and also due to the V-series. The DTS is there because of "traditional"/"mature" buyers (who by definition are dying). Whereas the DTS was once the "father" of the brand, it is now the black sheep of the brand.

I know people around here like the DTS as is (as do I, otherwise I wouldn't have one), but the days of the current DTS as a plush soft vehicle are numbered. When 2012 comes around, it will be a luxury car in the manner of BMW and Mercedes, just as the CTS and STS are, and will be a true flagship for Cadillac. Ergo, there's not a lot of impetus to improve the current DTS in its final years.

#12 ·
I don't want a BMW or a Mercedes. If I did ... I would buy one.

I want a CADILLAC that is really a CADILLAC. I will be needing one about the time the new RWD model comes out.

But it looks like what I (and others) want... no longer matters.

They will make what they want to, and we will take it or leave it. I am getting more and more inclined to leave it, unless the new model is once again a REAL CADILLAC.

Texas Jim

#18 ·
For those of you wondering what the new for 2009 Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC) brake rotors are, here is the official explanation from GM:

"Beginning with the 2009 Cadillac DTS, GM is introducing a new brake rotor technology called Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC). In this additional step in the manufacturing process, the brake rotor is heat treated to create a hardened outer layer on the surface of the rotor. This layer reduces rotor rusting (corrosion) and allows the rotor to wear slower.

Also, because this new technology protects against excessive rotor corrosion, the rotor not only aesthetically looks better through open-spoke wheels, it helps reduce thickness variation which creates pulsation specifically due to “lot rot” corrosion."

#21 ·
I agree... it was sad when Cadillac dropped the big RWD Fleetwood in the mid-'90s. The current DTS is the closest thing to a DTS Cadillac makes.

Cadillac should really have something to compete with the Lincoln Town Car. Bring back the Fleetwood name on a car with a wheelbase of at least 120" and an overall length of at least 220".

#22 ·
Now that GM has gotten financial help from the Government, do you think that the DTS/STS will be replaced, and will gas stay low enough in price to get a V-8 Northstar replacement? I sure hope so! Cadillac CANNOT COMPETE with the import Luxury brands without a flagship sedan WITH A V-8!

#23 ·
Late reply, but I agree there needs to be a V8 flagship..for me, that in it self is a huge part of what I am attracted to. The "soft floaty feel" mentioned earlier certainly is a huge part of why I bought a Cadillac in the first place, and I'm only 24..though unfortunately I am perhaps an anomaly..

#25 ·
King Steve you not the only one man. I'm 25. Turning 26 in May. My first car was a Caddy. 98 Deville when I was 19. I'm from the south and I see people my age pushing them too, from the fleetwoods to the current DTS. GM is just not looking at it from a consumer stand point anymore. Foreign seems to be invading us more and more because of that reason. Keep the consumer in mind and you will be successful. Upper management. I will leave it at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.