2009 DTS Official Changes - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, 2009 DTS Official Changes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; is there going to be any major noticable difference from the outside on the new 09's?...
    BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

Re: 2009 DTS Official Changes

is there going to be any major noticable difference from the outside on the new 09's?

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BlGHUMMER View Post
    is there going to be any major noticable difference from the outside on the new 09's?

Nope. The 2009's have been in production for several weeks now. There are probably a few on your dealer lot by now.

Tomko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)

For those of you wondering what the new for 2009 Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC) brake rotors are, here is the official explanation from GM:

"Beginning with the 2009 Cadillac DTS, GM is introducing a new brake rotor technology called Ferritic Nitro-Carburizing (FNC). In this additional step in the manufacturing process, the brake rotor is heat treated to create a hardened outer layer on the surface of the rotor. This layer reduces rotor rusting (corrosion) and allows the rotor to wear slower.

Also, because this new technology protects against excessive rotor corrosion, the rotor not only aesthetically looks better through open-spoke wheels, it helps reduce thickness variation which creates pulsation specifically due to “lot rot” corrosion."

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by BlGHUMMER View Post
    Probably the most noticeable is the larger, curvy, body colored XM/OnStar antenna instead if blocky, black bump and fin. I had an 09 CTS as a loaner a couple weeks ago and one lady said it looks like a dolphin fin.

santino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Like I said in a previous post Caddy should do what it does best. Build big fuel thrifty if possible luxury cars. Caddy has the "modern" cars in the line up already. I also believe if Lincoln drops the Town Car they are making a mistake.

Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine

Quote Originally Posted by santino View Post
    Like I said in a previous post Caddy should do what it does best. Build big fuel thrifty if possible luxury cars. Caddy has the "modern" cars in the line up already. I also believe if Lincoln drops the Town Car they are making a mistake.
    I agree... it was sad when Cadillac dropped the big RWD Fleetwood in the mid-'90s. The current DTS is the closest thing to a DTS Cadillac makes.

Cadillac should really have something to compete with the Lincoln Town Car. Bring back the Fleetwood name on a car with a wheelbase of at least 120" and an overall length of at least 220".

DTSIke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Smile Re: 2009 DTS Official Changes

Now that GM has gotten financial help from the Government, do you think that the DTS/STS will be replaced, and will gas stay low enough in price to get a V-8 Northstar replacement? I sure hope so! Cadillac CANNOT COMPETE with the import Luxury brands without a flagship sedan WITH A V-8!

King Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Mercedes-Benz E420

Late reply, but I agree there needs to be a V8 flagship..for me, that in it self is a huge part of what I am attracted to. The "soft floaty feel" mentioned earlier certainly is a huge part of why I bought a Cadillac in the first place, and I'm only 24..though unfortunately I am perhaps an anomaly..

john black is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS. 2001 Jaguar XJR

Can only agree with Fleet - stay with classic cadillac styling !!!
    Saw pictures on that Converj concept car, this thing is horror
    (I know it's just a study on an electric car but one never can know)

If such "styling" should ever take place - wife (STS) & me (DTS) are gone ...

SouthernCountry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Black Raven

King Steve you not the only one man. I'm 25. Turning 26 in May. My first car was a Caddy. 98 Deville when I was 19. I'm from the south and I see people my age pushing them too, from the fleetwoods to the current DTS. GM is just not looking at it from a consumer stand point anymore. Foreign seems to be invading us more and more because of that reason. Keep the consumer in mind and you will be successful. Upper management. I will leave it at that.

hyperboimmv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS, 92 Eldorado ETC, 87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue

I know this discussion is old, but some of it is relevant still. From what I heard, the Northstar is going away, but they will be using a LS V8 on the flagship/large car... It just won't be a Cadillac developed engine...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.