How old are YOU?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 or younger

82 36.94%
  • 41-60

87 39.19%
  • 61 or older

53 23.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How old are YOU? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have only been on this board for a short while. But given the stereotype of DTS owners and the ...
    nosro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

How old are YOU?

I have only been on this board for a short while. But given the stereotype of DTS owners and the topics of discussion, I gather that despite the youth-bias of the internet, the average age here is a little on the high end. Anyone care to fess up? (Vote above.)

I'm just curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cubldr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II

Re: How old are YOU?

Being a Cadillac owner, and having also spent time in the trenches of new car sales with a Buick franchise some years ago, your assessment will undoubtedly be accurate. Both brands appeal to a more mature audience. It is simply the demographics for these vehicles. What will throw off your poll results though is what you have already observed. While I, at 52, like to monitor this forum, my 85 year old neighbors down the street, who also drive new DTS's are probably relaxing on the golf course, instead of reading this forum....and I wish I was with them, instead of sitting here in my office staring out the window.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I am 61. I have ALWAYS been drawn to luxury cars, even when I was age 21. My cars have included 2 Cadillacs - a deVille and a Sixty Special, 3 Lincolns, a Mark 7 and a Mark 8 and a Town Car, 1 Buick, an Electra 225 Custom and 10 (yes, ten) Imperials. 2 Crowns, and 8 LeBarons.

That's 16 of the 20 cars I owned, in 40 years. All were bought new. The other 4 were 3 Mustangs and a Gran Prix GTP Special Edition.

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

I am 63. I have loved cars all my life. Have owned too many to list.

Everything from a 1957 Renault Dauphin to a 32 Ford to a 427 powered Chevy pickup to new Cadillacs, new Lincolns and new Jaguars and pretty much everything in between.

Texas Jim

santino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am 50 but i came up in the 70s with Fleetwoods and buick Duece and a quarter aka 225 so i am big cars all the way.

mikeythegreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Im 27, my dad had an 88 caddy deville which i rebuilt, and ummm i just never thought any car is a car if its not a cadillac. ok a few but you have to admit in terms of luxury you get the greatest bang for your buck on a caddy. I rebuilt my dad's 88 (unfortunately with a 89' engine - not so smooth of a move 50kmiles so far with it) but I just picked up an 07 DTS. CTS are making an impact on your 40 and younger crowd, but a DTS spells cadillac more than the CTS and the STS. If you do your homework you can find great deals on pre-certified caddy's with low mileage which come out cheaper than a honda accord - so why wouldnt you get a caddy at that point - afraid of luxury?
    tjwhite721 likes this.

jspeaect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Eldorado Biarritz, 1991 Sedan Deville

I am 30 years young. My first car when I was 14 was a 1982 Seville...ok the 4.1 didn't last long, but I did have it for a short time. Currently own four Caddys...91 Fleetwood, 91 Sixty Special (for sale w/ under 19k on it), 93 Deville and a newly added 06 DTS. The 4.1 sucked...the 4.9's rock...and I'm warming up to the newer Northstars. Just can't get a nicer ride for the cash.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Is your 93 deVile a Coupe ?? Tell me about the 60 Special....

nosro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

An observation: regardless of age, most people are drawn to the DTS as the successor to the large Cadillac's of yester-year. It would seem that the DTS is finding few fans without a sense of nostalgia.

jspeaect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Eldorado Biarritz, 1991 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Is your 93 deVile a Coupe ?? Tell me about the 60 Special....
    Hi Sandy! Sorry to inform you that the 93 is only a Sedan...a basic one at that...leather...yep, thats about it for options...pretty standard.

As for the 60...you already know her...she's the Cotillion over Ruby with under 19k on her. I am hoping to find a buyer for her that will take care of her and not use her as a daily driver. She was built exactly as I would have ordered other than missing the cold weather package...has everything else...ok, maybe I'd have ordered the Bose CD instead of Bose cassette...but actually in 91 I may have still wanted the cassette. Anyway, I need to sell her...at least that is my thought as of today...I could change my mind tomorrow. I want to sell her and yet I want to buy the 91 and 93 Fleet Coupes that have been posted over the last few days!!...whats wrong with me??? I think you and I are similar creatures Sandy!

-=AlexXx=- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS

Im 20, my first car when i was 17 was a 1994 Eldorado,

After owning that car just untill october of this year, i decided i would never own another brand of car besides Cadillac. I loved the luxury of the inside and the absolute comfort. I miss the 5.7L Northstar engine also! My new ride is a 2004 CTS:
    which ive had my eye one since ive owned my first caddy. After several problems and much to many miles and accidents (non my fault) i decided it was time for a new vehicle. I traded the Eldorado in for a grand and put it toward my CTS. Cadillac is unbeatable in my book, no other car can come close. Cadillac For Life!

santino is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: How old are YOU?

Like i said i am big cars all the way.My wife had a Lincoln Townie prior to her new car.You think you see Gray heads in a Caddy showroom a Lincoln showroom is like Sun city Arizona. I think Caddy should leave DTS big they have done well with the CTS and other cars to get people under 50 into showrooms.

06DTS_Rider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac DTS

I'm 28 years old & I ride a 2006 DTS. True, older generations are more inclined to drive vehicles such as the DTS than younger generations, but I think it all boils down to the character & personality of the person - not thier age. Not everyone can pull off being a Cadillac owner. I was the first person in my group of friends to buy a Cadi. I've sold cars for 3 years now, and after I sold mine to myself, I then sold Cadi's to 3 of my friends who are all in the same age group. As far as I go, I've always been into B-I-G cars. The first car I ever owned was a 1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, then a 1993 Buick Regal Custom & now my Cadi named Lita. Now that I have her, I know that I'll never drive another brand of car...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

I'm 18. At the auto show this year all my friends were making fun of me because they all flocked to the new CTS and I couldn't be pulled away from the DTS. I would much rather have an "old people car" than something new a sporty. I love the big, cushy feeling of my 88 Fleetwood.

bigbadcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS 2006

We got our first Caddy 4 years ago, a 2000 Deville. I've always wanted one, my father was an Olds & Caddy mechanic for 45 years. Seems odd that we bought the 2000 at the Dodge dealer where the wife works. Just traded that one in for a 2006 black on black DTS. I've always driven an Olds, but FINALLY got the Caddy fever for good. At 53 I get stares from everybody cause my usuall outfit is jeans and a tee shirt.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.