How old are YOU? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 or younger

82 36.94%
  • 41-60

87 39.19%
  • 61 or older

53 23.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How old are YOU? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Color I did not know DTS came in any other than BLACK....LOL...
    jonsab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS

Re: How old are YOU?

Color I did not know DTS came in any other than BLACK....LOL

stormnn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS

I'm 69 years old & your sterotyped Cadillac driver. I had Olds & Buicks for years & when a lady wrecked my last Lesabre 2 years ago I bought an 06 DTS. We have put 20,000 enjoyable miles on it but not without expense, headlight bulb, set of tires & a water pump a couple of weeks ago.
    Norm, heading back to Canada in 3 weeks.
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

cadrad4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Lux III, 1984 Seville

I am 35. my first car, which I still have, is a 1984 cadillac seville in hataras blue with matching interior and a red stripe. I then had an 88 mark vii bill blass white and navy. then an 88 eldorado tan with a a brown fake roof and gold . then a 95 Mark VIII in ivory with an ivory interior, a 2001 Jaguar XJ8-L, tan with tan, a 2006 volvo XC70, and now a 2006 DTS luxury III, blue chip with tan. I like big luxury cars ever since I fell in love with the 84 seville. My mother has always driven a caddy or a lincoln since she switched from firebirds in the 80's

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

ooooohh ........ 27....Attachment 105376
    Gomaz and Gomaz like this.

Bigkev90220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS

39 years old My 2006 DTS is my first caddy of my own. My dad had three and I loved driving them. We I got to a place when I could afford one a bought my caddy and I will always have one think about getting a 2010-2011 DTS or new XTS depending on the payment. I really hope they make the new Ciel/LTS.

cadillac_guy21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Dts
    21 and love my dts , it's smooth sophisticated and just a all round great car it fits my personality since I'm mature and etc , I love the looks and power behind it when I need it,

CadillacVogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac DTS Performance

Im 24 and I love the DTS. If it barely fits in my garage its just about the right size.

ral1960 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd

Bought my 74 Fleetwood when I was 20, but my grandmother let me drive her '72 Calais around the driveway circle when I was 12. Had a 04 black Deville for 6 years, traded it for the STS in February. The STS is too stiff for our local roads, so I found a 08 DTS Perf-Plat black/linen that Carmax has shipped up from West Palm Beach today.I suspect the future big Caddies will be lacking the width of the DeVille/DTS (which in turn were shrimps compared to earlier ones), since they will be designed for global markets, so get 'em while they're hot!

Chadillac182 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours, 01 STS, 02 deville, 06 DTS performance, 07 Esca

32 - driven Cadillacs ever since high school. First one I bought with MY money was a 1992 eldo ETC. Currently have a few, but loving my new 2006 DTS Performace. Bought for almost nothing because the seller was terrified of the engine codes. I buy mine at dealer auctions adessa/manhiem. I work in automotive finance.
    Have been hooked on Cadillac ever since my grandfather would take me to showrooms as a kid and show me all the new Cadillac models for the year.
    Never fit the caddy stereotypes and everyone always made fun of me for driving grandpa cars. Strange thing is though.. Everyone always wants to take my car when we go places. The Hondas/kias/hyundais always get left at home. Weird huh??

TopherS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 DTS LuxIII (60K mi.), '06 SRX V6-AWD (40K mi.)

Age 42 -- I've mostly had big cars...I'm terrified of small cars. I've always tried to take whatever car I had and make it more luxurious with more options.

My cars have been: 1975 Mercury Monarch Ghia; 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (2-dr); 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (4-dr); 1987 Mercury Cougar LS; 1986 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Brougham; 1994 Ford Ranger; 1994 Ford Thunderbird LX; 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera; 1996 Buick Regal (2-dr); 1981 Ford LTD Crown Victoria; 1994 Mercury Sable; 1985 Lincoln Town Car; 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (4-dr); 1995 Buick Roadmaster (sedan); 2001 Buick Park Avenue; 1987 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance; and now my 2008 Cadillac DTS LuxIII.

Currently, my wife has a 2006 Cadillac SRX (AWD - V6), but prior to that, she has also had: 1989 Ford Mustang LX; 1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo; 1996 Ford Explorer XLT; 2001 Ford Windstar SEL; 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo; 2003 Buick Rendezvous; and 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited.

I've always been hooked on luxury cars and station wagons and GM diesels ... which is the source of many pokes of fun by my brothers and coworkers.

Dream cars??? 1977-1979 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau/Heritage; 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V Collector Edition; 1980-1990 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser or Buick Estate Wagon; 1981-1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brougham or Buick LeSabre Limited diesel; 1981-1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser diesel; 1975-1978 Ford Country Squire or Mercury Colony Park; 1981-1984 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Brougham or Buick Park Avenue. ...to name a few.

I like cars that have a very, very soft ride. I don't care about "cornering like it's on rails"...I'd rather have a floaty cloud-9 ride. The best-riding cars I've owned were the Town Car, the Brougham, the Regal and the Roadmaster.

Personally, I think that even my DTS doesn't ride nice enough. If I had my way, I'd change out my DTS suspension to be similar to the late 80's Cadillac deVille (FWD) ... floatly/bouncy.

jsorrell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac DTS Lux I in Gold Mist

29. My first caddy was a 1990 Brougham d'Elegance at age 22. Always loved big cars and had a a few (90 Brougham d'Elgance, 94 Lincoln Continental, 96 STS, 00 Lincoln Continental, 02 Crown Vic, 04 Mercury Grand Marquis, and now my 07 DTS :-) I like to change out cars are you can see lol
    Chadillac182 likes this.

peryan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Lux1 DTS. Uncle bought new. Meticulously maintained.

I just bought my 2007 DTS Raven Black Lux 1 from my late uncle's estate. He had owned Cadillacs since the late 60's, purchased them new and only used the local Cadillac dealer for repairs. This is our
    first Caddy and we love it. It is in incredible shape for a vehicle with 89K on the clock. I am 57 yrs old, own a 69' restored Corvette and have a Mazda CX-9 as a daily driver. I now will be using the Caddy as a daily driver. The DTS is one of the finest looking Caddy's of the recent era, more handsome and more "Cadillac" than the XTS. My wife and I are looking for a long relationship with our DTS...

Genn15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

I'm 25 and prior my 06 dts had a 2001 deville and befor that an Acura tl I perfer luxury cars Hondas aren't worth the money these days

DSNCB919 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
    25 years old first car was 1990 seville when 17. Then got my 03 DTS at 21... thinking about getting a 11-12 DTS now since I got that degreed income

91 zeee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville

44. I never thought that I'd want a Caddy. A friend gave me a deal too good to pass up on a 2002 Deville a couple years back. My wife and I planned to sell it very soon, but once we started driving it we didn't want to part with it. The miles are getting on up there, so this weekend we bought a 2006 DTS. I guess I am becoming attached to the Caddys!
    Superjim likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.