How old are YOU? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 or younger

82 36.94%
  • 41-60

87 39.19%
  • 61 or older

53 23.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How old are YOU? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The first Caddy I owned was a 1941 model 62 fastback with all accessories and a LaSalle 3-speed. This was ...
    Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: How old are YOU?

The first Caddy I owned was a 1941 model 62 fastback with all accessories and a LaSalle 3-speed. This was formerly one of the Fisher Brothers personal ride. What a fabulous hunk of machinery. Since then I have had two 68 DeVilles, a 73 Brougham, and now a 2006 STS V8 1SG. In between I have had many Lincolns and Park Avenues, a Tornado, and extremely fast 69 Olds 442 convertible. At this point I am very happy with my current company (Government Motors) car and I would buy another in a few years - as long as it were a V8.

How old? Old enough to remember drooling on the showroom windows when they tore off the butcher paper hiding the new Ford Thunderbirds and Corvettes in 1955.

CaddiLukKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance

Hey, Iam 27, My first Caddi was a 2001 Deville base at age of 23, shelled out 18 grand (20k on the road) in 2005 it had 57k Miles.. last week at 209 thousand miles, a state work truck(Silverado 1500) came accross my path making a left hand turn causing me to drive right into him at 45 MPH. CAR SAVED my life because of its size, even though the AIRBAG did'nt deploy (I was told it was because the sensors are in the bumper) and i hit undernieth his driver side door smashing my headlights and folding my hood in half folding it like an accordion against my windshield. It was nasty, but i walked away without any broken bones nor scars. In March I replaced fuel pump and rear shocks ($900), overall it was always reliable...
    So just yesterday I went to a dealer auction, with a dealer(not open to the public/mannheim PA)... and picked up an 07 DTS performance pearlascent white with matching grill (it was last one to go of all DTS's there about 20 of them and the only one in Performance pkg), for $19,800 (about $22K after all is said and done) it has 39 thousand miles. I LOVE IT and so do the ladies, it's a real head turner.!!! NEVER EVER would i consider buying a LEXUS or any other foreign make...

Superjim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by CaddiLukKing View Post
    Hey, Iam 27, My first Caddi was a 2001 Deville base at age of 23, shelled out 18 grand (20k on the road) in 2005 it had 57k Miles.. last week at 209 thousand miles, a state work truck(Silverado 1500) came accross my path making a left hand turn causing me to drive right into him at 45 MPH.

So just yesterday I went to a dealer auction, with a dealer(not open to the public/mannheim PA)... and picked up an 07 DTS performance pearlascent white with matching grill (it was last one to go of all DTS's there about 20 of them and the only one in Performance pkg), for $19,800 (about $22K after all is said and done) it has 39 thousand miles. I LOVE IT and so do the ladies, it's a real head turner.!!! NEVER EVER would i consider buying a LEXUS or any other foreign make...

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new car.
    Enjoy.
    I have a 2006 Performance Sedan in White Lightning. (pearlescent white)

Texas Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Superjim View Post
    Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new car.
    Enjoy.
    I have a 2006 Performance Sedan in White Lightning. (pearlescent white)

Texas Jim
    Hey Thank you TEXAS JIM... so its not Pearl white or white diamond? but white lightning? HMmm i like the sound of white diamond or pearlescent white better... LOL
    is there a diffinitive way to find out which paint is it? like would it be in the VIN #? i found some website that describes exterior colors such as &93U white lightning, or &98U which i think is my white diamond tri-coat.

ALSO, this is off topic but does your NAV/DVD cooling fan stay on all the time? because mine seems to... unless its because of heat outside bearing in on the inside, even though im using my rear shade and front windshield is covered with reflective sunvisor..
    Thanks...

Hey Thank you TEXAS JIM... so its not Pearl white or white diamond? but white lightning? HMmm i like the sound of white diamond or pearlescent white better... LOL
    is there a diffinitive way to find out which paint is it? like would it be in the VIN #? i found some website that describes exterior colors such as &93U white lightning, or &98U which i think is my white diamond tri-coat.

ALSO, this is off topic but does your NAV/DVD cooling fan stay on all the time? because mine seems to... unless its because of heat outside bearing in on the inside, even though im using my rear shade and front windshield is covered with reflective sunvisor..
    Thanks...

I could be mistaken, but I think the White Lightning Pearl TriCoat was only offered in 2006. Is is similar to the White Diamond, but is more WHITE than the slight cream color of the white Diamond.

About the NAV...the fan will come on as soon as you open the drivers door or unlock it with the remote. The fan will stay on for up to 10 minutes after you shut it off and lock the car.

Texas Jim

Unhappy Re: How old are YOU?

I could be mistaken, but I think the White Lightning Pearl TriCoat was only offered in 2006. Is is similar to the White Diamond, but is more WHITE than the slight cream color of the white Diamond.

About the NAV...the fan will come on as soon as you open the drivers door or unlock it with the remote. The fan will stay on for up to 10 minutes after you shut it off and lock the car.

Texas Jim
    EVEN today after the car has not run for 15 hours or so, I get in it... and im hearing the noise again... it sounds like the laser arm that reads the information is moving ...back and forth...

EVEN today after the car has not run for 15 hours or so, I get in it... and im hearing the noise again... it sounds like the laser arm that reads the information is moving ...back and forth...

That is correct...it started booting up as soon as you opened the door.
    That way it is ready much sooner for you to use.

If you want to check if it is really turning off...stop the engine...remove the ignition keys...sit and listen to the radio for about 10 minutes till it turns itself off.

The noise from the NAV system will also stop.
    Get out of the car...lock the doors.
    Unlock the doors and get back in...you will hear it booting up again.

Texas Jim

Thumbs up Re: How old are YOU?

If you want to check if it is really turning off...stop the engine...remove the ignition keys...sit and listen to the radio for about 10 minutes till it turns itself off.

Texas Jim
    THANK YOU I will do that right now... GREAT ADVICE!!! if this the case then PROBLEM SOLVED>.. THANKS A GILLION

fmoeller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance

Texas Jim
    Hi Jim, if you recall from our earlier discussion regarding leaving the DVD in or removing it, my rational for removing it was that after shutting down there was constant disc head access and I was concerned about battery drain.

Your current explanation makes sense. I will also give it a try.

Thanks.

William Silveira is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac SRX

I am 51

My previous Cadillac was a 1989 DeVille bought used with 140,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by William Silveira View Post
    I am 51

My previous Cadillac was a 1989 DeVille bought used with 140,000 miles.

Howdy William,

Welcome to the forum.

Texas Jim

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

I'm 23. I bought an 05 STS V8 not a DTS, but I *would* have been looking for a DTS if only they were RWD. I originally wanted a LT1 Fleetwood, but decided I wanted something newer with a warranty.
    I love the STS but wish it was a little bigger, and rode softer. I love the DTS but wish it was RWD, and a 5 or 6 speed auto would be nice.

marsalone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Lux III

Well, I've been reading hear silently for the past few months trying to figure out whether to get a slightly older 2000-2005 Deville or the newer style DTS. Finally, I made my decision and bought a 2006 DTS Luxury III. I just turned 38 and this is my first luxury car and my first American car. I have always been a sports car guy, starting out with a 1980 Fiat Spider when I was 17, moving onto Porsche 944, BMW 325, a Mazda Miata and finally a Honda S2000 before getting the DTS.

It took a few days to get used to driving a big car with an automatic transmission but you know what? This DTS is like a slice of heaven. Now I feel like I've been an idiot for the past 15 years, driving uncomfortable cars with questionable air conditioning when I could've driving in pure luxury all the while. I was just attracted to sporty looking cars and loved convertibles. I needed to get a new car if I wanted to drive around my six month old son and do stuff with him since he couldn't go in the S2000. I figured that I'd go the opposite route and get a big American luxury sedan. Any sort of road trip in the S2000 or Miata was a miserable experience. I'm sure that it would classify "enhanced interrogation technique". Any ride longer than 30 minutes was practically unbearable. The amount of space and room in the DTS is wonderful. I am 6' - 235# with broad shoulders and have been jammed against the door in the S2000 and Miata.

I love everything about this car in a big way. Quiet, powerful, comfortable, and luxurious. Anyway I just wanted to chime in and let people know that I'm here.

Ciao,
    D.

marsalone,

Welcome to the forum and "Congratulations" on the new son and the new DTS.

I noticed that you are in Phoenix.
    You will enjoy the A/C seats in that climate and the rear A/C will help keep the baby cool. As I am sure that you already know, the AC comes on automatically when you use remote start.

You are right about road trips in the DTS. They are big, comfortable, cars for any kind of road trip and they are moderately fast, (for a big heavy car), if you want them to be.

The 2006 DTS that I have now is my 2nd 2006 Performance Sedan.
    My first one burned in my garage fire.
    Between the 2 of them, I have put over 100,000 miles on them...mostly on road trips. We love road trips.

Darling Wife is slightly mobility impaired and our vacations are usually just DRIVING and LOOKING at the country for a week or two at a time.

Other than a few minor electrical module problems when new, they have been trouble free.
    Put gas in them, change the oil every once in a while, and drive 'em.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask...we will try to help you.

Texas Jim

marsalone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Lux III

Hey Texas Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. I thought that it had the remote start but didn't try it out until you mentioned it and it works great, my wife's jaw dropped when I tried it out today when we went to the deli for lunch. Now she wants a Cadillac too. The airconditioned seats are awesome out here where it has been an unseasonably cool 97 degrees the past week. Normally we are in the 105 range by now. Also the massaging seats are nice as well. My wife says that it is like the chairs at the salon where she gets her pedicures.

I made quite a few trips in my Miata back when I lived in New Orleans. I went to the Formula One Grand Prix in Indianapolis twice in it. Indy is about 800 miles from New Orleans. The trip stunk, but it was a blast to have the convertible up in Naptown where the weather was cool and nice.

Now that I am in Phoenix, we visit my in-laws who live in Santa Fe, New Mexico about three times a year. That is about a 450mile trip (each way). In the past we took my wife's car, a Kia Amanti, which is a nice ride but the DTS is roomier, has the OnStar and XM plus the six disc CD changer that is MP3 capable and the auxilliary input for the iPod. There is no shortage of entertainment in the Cadillac. I can't wait until we make the next trip up there.

Another thing about this DTS is the paint. It is simply beautiful. I think that it is a Lightning White. It looks pearl, then in some light it looks like it has a gold tint to it and it other light it looks white. It is amazing. The salesman said that the paint color was a $1000 option but I thought it was a line of B.S. and that he was just trying to justify his asking price. But after having it about a week and seeing it in different conditions and seeing all the tones and hues, I think that the paint color is phenomenal. When I saw it on the lot when I bought it it just looked white/pearl. But man this thing is beautiful.

Ciao,
    Daniel

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.