How old are YOU? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: How old are you?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • 40 or younger

82 36.94%
  • 41-60

87 39.19%
  • 61 or older

53 23.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, How old are YOU? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Cranky I just turned 50 and decided to treat myself to some luxury. Just got an '08 ...
    Superjim is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Platinum

Re: How old are YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    I just turned 50 and decided to treat myself to some luxury. Just got an '08 DTS Lux II and love it so far.

Hey Cranky,

Welcome to the forum.
    Start a new thread and introduce yourself and post a picture of your car if you want to.

Texas Jim

CalDrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac DTS

I've answered before and I'm 68, thank you! As related to the 'demographics' of Cadillac owners, I wanted to mention something that happened to me when I was 17. It was the Fall of 1956 and my dad had just opened a new Standard Oil Service Station as a company employed manager. This station was located near Palm Beach, FL. and as it turned out, much of our customer base were "snowbirds" that Wintered in South Florida and returned North in the Spring.

I was still in High School, but went to work in the new station doing all the usual service jobs inside (had to go to school for some of those) and pumping gas before there was 'self-service.' One of the 'benefits' of the job was getting to pick up and deliver customer cars that were to be serviced. Many of these were the luxury cars of the day including Cadillacs, Packards, Buicks and older cars considered classics today. These were affluent people who took good care of their cars.

We developed a "repeat customer" base of people that came back every year, and one of these was an older man (seemed so then) who bought a new Cadillac every year and in the Fall of 1957, he showed up in a brand new Cadillac Eldorado Convertible wanting to fill the tank, show off his latest purchase and schedule an appointment for the usual oil and filter change and service.

My dad said we could work him in right now (he was a GOOD customer), so the guy hands me the keys, we put the top down and head off for his house. Instead, he said that we should just drive around for a bit since I probably didn't get to drive a car like this every day. We drove over to the beach and past every place that I thought I might see some friends, and then we headed for his house since he and his wife were expecting guests for lunch.

On the way to his house, he said it was really a shame that such a great car was beyond the reach of "young people" since it was so much fun to drive and be seen in. And he was so right. I was gone almost :45 minutes, but my dad never said anything.

I loved driving that car and he came back every month for service, so I had several more opportunities to drive it (we always took a scenic ride with the top down), and I vowed then that someday I would buy my own Cadillac, and I have. I've owned two new ones and two used ones, and while none of them have been convertibles, they are just as enjoyable to drive and be seen in. But NOTHING compares to that South Florida Winter of driving the new Eldorado Convertible when you're 17.

I was 45 when I got my first one (used) and the rest have been spread out over the last 23 years.

Chris

Southern is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird

Great Story Chris.

Loved your story.
    Thanks for sharing.

Jim

airportwv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2006 2002 SLS AN BMW R1100RT

hi my name is George im 65 love cars an motorcycles i have 2002 STS 2006 CTS a 1985 Porsche 944 2000 BMW 1100RTP motorcycle an a 2003 Kawasakie meanstreak 1500 ride an drive every day.

Too bad about your wife, George. Or was there ever a Mrs George?

SouthernCountry is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Black Raven

My name is Lewis AKA SouthernCountry. I'm on my third Caddy. My first one was a pearl white 98 Deville when I was 19, traded her in for a black 01 Deville when I was 23 and now I'm pushing a black 06 DTS and I will be turning 26 this year. Cadillac has been good to me. People call me presidential cause they see Obamas Caddy and I say he has good taste thats all..lol

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I remember when the internet was all students and geeks. The presence of a woman on a forum was shocking.

Bob S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac DTS 2006/2008

I am 57. My wife and I currently have two DTS's among our toys!

My grandfather bought a new Cadillac every two years from 1955 until his death in the late 80's. I still remember the night he brought over the '59 and my brother and I went for a ride. We both propped ourselves up on the seat and watched those big tailights light up the sky every time he hit the brakes!

When he died, he left my wife and I $10K and to honor him we traded our 9 year Buick in on our first Cadillac a white 1988 demo!

We now are on Cadillac 7 & 8!

When my 1999 Concours caught fire last year and was totaled I was going to look at other brands. My wife said nope...we drive Cadillacs! I now have a beautiful 08 Cotillion White DTS to go along with her 06 Blue Chip!

I am a car guy...we have 11 other sports cars...but deep down I am a Cadillac guy!

Do you guys who have owned Caddys for years.....feel that the new styling is less than thrilling? I have this nagging feeling that my DTS look kinda like everything else on the road......That it just lacks in Pizzaz............is it true or is it me?

Dale Holland is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 dts

I am 64, and my last four cars have been cadillacs. I buy a year old caddy, and drive them for approximately three years.
    I have found that my local dealer gives better service on my used cadillacs than, I was getting on new cars of other makes. (all U.S. made autos)

P.S. the windshield was replaced for the air noise, withour any fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    Do you guys who have owned Caddys for years.....feel that the new styling is less than thrilling? I have this nagging feeling that my DTS look kinda like everything else on the road......That it just lacks in Pizzaz............is it true or is it me?

I too feel like they lack the Pizazz of the older Cadillacs.
    The older ones were recognizable as far as you could see them.
    You could see one a block away and you immediately KNEW what it was.

I do feel that they are (barely) DIFFERENT ENOUGH to make them more recognizable then most cars.

Toyotas look like Nissans which look like Fords which look like Pontiacs which look like...what ever else is running down the road. On most new cars I have to see the nameplate to know what they are and I consider myself more of a car person than the average guy. Most of them look just alike. Kinda like a bunch of bubbles running up and down the road.

At least our Cadillacs are a LITTLE different from them...thank goodness.

Funny thing happened the other day.
    I was coming out of the grocery store and walking back to the DTS...a lady about 30 was walking towards me with a boy about 5 or 6.

As they were walking along..she was asking him to name the cars they were walking past. As they got close to the DTS...she asked him "What kind of car is THAT?"

He spoke up louder than he had been talking and emphasized his words, while pointing to it with a big smile on his face...
    "THAT is a CADILLAC."

made me feel good.

Texas Jim

quark_man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS

Im 31. Always desired to have a Cadillac. I have a 2008 and its everything I always wanted out of car. Funny is what my family keeps on saying that I drive an old mans car. Then we were coming back from a family supper and with 4 adults and one child I spanked some sportish cars (did not pay attention as it was dark). That was a nice "O!" moment for everyone. Next time I will pay attention to what I am trying to spank or succeeding at spanking.

2006performDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS PERFORMANCE

these are some really great stories on here. mines not very interesting though. this is my second DTS. my first one i owned when i was 22. i am now 27 and just replaced a white 2001 DTS, with this 2006 DTS Performance. I think the changes that they did make to the car are great and am very happy with them. I do have a few more toys then i had in my 2001. my only complaint is that you cant tell the difference between them with the exception of the wheels from a distance. before you could tell if it was a Deville, a DHS or the DTS very easily. but i love the car (even though its currently in the shop with a broken power seat motor . lol) theres nothing like them on the road in my opinion. -Dan

rp161 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Im 63 and like many of you that posted I love cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.