DTS loaner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DTS Forum - 2006 through 2012 Discussion, DTS loaner in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; While my ride is in the shop i'm driving a DTS loaner. Never been an afficionado of caddy so not ...
    Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

DTS loaner

While my ride is in the shop i'm driving a DTS loaner. Never been an afficionado of caddy so not real familiar w/ the base N*. Yhis car really scoots. Was peeling out from a red light trying to merge and never imagined one could burn rubber w/ this more mature, heavier car. Rides good but little soft for me. FYI

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: DTS loaner

I agree it has great power. But it is also a function of low grip tires. My wife's SLS (275HP n*) is the same say. Now, put your STS-V tires on it and I doubt it would burn rubber in the same way!

For a big daily driver luxury sedan, it does everything one could ask of it. I usually get a DTS loaner when my SRX or SLS is in for service. I enjoy the car, but have never quite been convinced to buy one due to the lack of sporty feel. On the otherhand, if i am driving cross country, set me up in a DTS!

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

I know I harp on this a lot but be sure you drive a performance level before you walk away thinking you know how all DTSs handle.

There is a big difference and while it isn't a sports car it can surprise a lot of people who crowd you on a fun road and then you decide you've had enough of the idiot behind you.

I often rent regular DTSs and I have to remind myself that this is a different car when my entry speed into an off ramp curve is too high or I am getting seasick.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

There is a lot of body lean, at least from what I could tell when I was behind a friend in a DTS last year on a ramp, but it will hang on tight to the pavement without losing its composure.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I have several friends who have 06 DTS Performance models. I agree they are better performers. But for some reason, still not the type of handling I desire. I have driven several older 2002~2005 Deville DTSs and felt the same way. Great highway cruisers, but not particularly exciting. With that said. I will likey buy an 07 DTS luxury for my wife. The difference between the performance and non performance model is not enough for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.