For Sale 2002 DeVille (base)-White Pearl-41k miles (South Dakota) $8000 firm
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille (base, DHS, Concours, DTS to 2004) Classified Ads Discussion, 2002 DeVille (base)-White Pearl-41k miles (South Dakota) $8000 firm in Cadillac Classifieds Marketplace; I'm selling my 2002 DeVille base model. It's a two owner car. My great grandma bought it new in 2002 ...
    JDemoney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DeVille

2002 DeVille (base)-White Pearl-41k miles (South Dakota) $8000 firm

I'm selling my 2002 DeVille base model. It's a two owner car. My great grandma bought it new in 2002 in Carlsbad, CA.

It's a base model with the upgraded badging (gold), grill, wheels, and the imitation convertible top (which is also in very good shape...the car sat for a while in my great-grandma's garage and collected dust so in the pictures the top might look a little yellow, but it evened out after being in the sun for a couple of weeks).

She gave me the car in August. I've driven it about 3k miles (most of which were a 1300 mile trip from Phoenix to Rapid City). The car has been garaged it's whole life and ALL records have been maintained in a binder.

It's in fantastic condition inside and out. Outside, there is a small dent behind the driver's side headlight but you'd never know it if you didn't know it was there, and the front side of the hood ornament is pitted and a little worn, which I think is to be expected. The down side to the car is my great grandmother was a smoker and smoked in the car. However, before I picked it up from AZ a FULL detail was performed. They clayed and waxed the paint, did the wheels, steam cleaned the carpet, cleaned and conditioned the leather, and used the Ozone Machine to kill the dank smell from being smoked in. I personally can't tell that it was smoked in anymore. As a result of my great-grandmother being nearly blind and smoking in the car, there are a few burn marks on the driver's side A-pillar cover, sun visor and one or two on the headliner in the same vicinity. That's the only blemish inside. Everything else is fully functional, in top working order, and in very good shape. The leather is in AWESOME shape and the factory leather tag is still hanging from the driver's seat (pictured).

In August the AC compressor, upper radiator hose, and front head valve cover gasket were replaced. Additionally, the Cadillac Fluid Exchange was performed and a new battery was installed. All of this was done at Lund Cadillac in Phoenix. Last month I had a new water pump, thermostat, and harmonic balancer w/new belt installed at Rapid Chevy/Cadillac in Rapid City where I am. Also in August I had new tires installed...Goodyear Assurance TripleTred all the way around...about $800 in tires that were installed at Discount Tire so if you buy the car you'll get free tire rotations, balances, plugs, and warranty from Discount. The paperwork is in the glove box.

I enjoy driving the car, and it's a nice ride for sure, but I just don't need it. It wasn't my intent to sell it originally, but I just don't need it and it's taking up space.

I'm asking $8k and I'm pretty firm on the price. It's a pretty dang good price if you ask me. I'm in Rapid City (Ellsworth AFB), SD. As far as delivery or test drives, I'm flexible so we can figure that out as it comes.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

The first couple of pictures were before the car was detailed. The rest are post-detail.

I'm a Texas resident, hence the Texas plates.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sounds like a nice car, but I think you'd be wasting time trying to sell it at that price. NADA lists clean retail value at $6K, and KBB at $4K. I'd say ask $6K, and expect $5K or a little more after bargaining. Good luck with the sale.

JDemoney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DeVille

Re: 2002 DeVille (base)-White Pearl-41k miles (South Dakota) $8000 firm

KBB is a joke. I know what NADA values the car at, but if you look at Auto Trader and see what people (not dealerships) are listing AND selling these cars for, I think $8k is a pretty good price. I'm firm, but if push comes to shove I'd be willing to budge on the price.

My buddy's dad is the GM of an Acura dealer and he appraised the car for me. Dealerships don't even use KBB or NADA anymore. They use the Black Book and the black book lists this car in clean retail for over $8k.

Thanks for the input MC.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.