Hello, Im new up in here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Hello, Im new up in here in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Im just starting with this forum and Im propbably going to be a 91' Devillion. I wanted to know what ...
    MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hello, Im new up in here

Im just starting with this forum and Im propbably going to be a 91' Devillion.

I wanted to know what type of problems you have out of Devilles and how reliable they are? My Father Lives in NC and is giving me his 91 {probably} and before I take possesion of it I want to know what im looking at. His Caddy Im not familier with, but I have a potna with a 91' here in Atlanta. He has problems with his that causes him to want to sell it. thats just one person though. so could you please. would you please? inform me of what type of problems to look forward to with a 91 Cadillac Deville? are they expensive to up keep?

thank you and I hope Im welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Re: Hello, Im new up in here

In the experience that I've had...it all depends on how it was taken care of before you came across it. It is a luxury car, so the repairs would be a bit more expensive, but its not a Maybach or anything so its not through the roof either, in most cases. Before I came across my '93, its had 2 owners, and only mechanical problem I had the water pump go out, but its also at 128k. Its got some cosmetic flaws too. Otherwise, its the only car in my family's driveway that starts up every chilly Wisconsin morning with no problem, and the only one that is extremely reliable for us. Too bad for them its MY car.

inmycadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Luxury II-?, 98 Eldorado-Crimson Pearl

Exclamation Re: Hello, Im new up in here

What up dude. First of all, u r welcome herre anytime. Second, I have a 91 Sedan Deville. Peep it herre: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...&postcount=100Third, what problems to expect all depends. I can tell u the most common problem is with the heater core, but u live in ATL so that shouldn't matter too much ta ya. Thats the only "common" problem. I think everyone here has experienced that one. Like TRU said, it depends how many miles and owners before and how they maintained it, uknowwhatisayin? Anywayz, I got my car from an old man(only owner). It now has 200,000+ miles and I've owned it 2.5 years and have put a total of about 800$ into it. Not bad at all! Just do regular maint, like OIL changes, battery, rotate tires, air filter, fuel filter, etc. and u should be AOK, mang. That's if the car was well taken care of before u. Keep us posted on what u decide.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

94 deville here. You can see what i did to it. Regular maintenence. Maybe about 1,500 into mine. Thats bout it. Fuel pump. Thats about it man.

Thanks for the Info. inmycadillac, your car is the splitting image of the one Im going to get. I think Ill bring it here to Atlanta and take it to the Cadillac Dealership to get it fully checked out. Hopefully its still in traveling condition. The fam and I are thinking of taking a trip to Fortlauderdale and we dont want to rent when I have an Acura 90' and wifeys Santa Fe 2003' {trying to keep the miles low}. We are thinking we'll take the Caddy. I havent scene it in almost a year, but when I did see it all it needed was a paint job due to the Beach salt in North Carolina. It road real good. didnt hear any engine problems. My pops usually takes care of his cars so Im really not worried about the engine, but it is a small town and they probably drive to the corner store. Ill let yall know when I pick it up and what the deal is. Thanks again.

CaddyShaq is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am new here too. Just bought an 87 with 118K miles. Paint is in excellent condition. Shows normal signs of wear and tear. Hopefully nothing goes wrong in the near future. Good luck with yours.

Glad to meet you, I hope I dont have any problems wi th mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.