Shocked by what was parked in front of my house
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Shocked by what was parked in front of my house in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; People next door to my house had a small party last night. I was unaware of this until like 11PM ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Shocked by what was parked in front of my house

People next door to my house had a small party last night. I was unaware of this until like 11PM when I looked outside. There, in front of my house was a 1993 Sixty Special. It was Silver, with (of course) a matching roof and grey leather. Had no Moonroof, and standard wheels. Paint was badly faded, but after close inspection, there was not a single scratch or dent on the thing, and no body parts were missing. Looked like a low mileage car that spend its life in the Florida sun. Licnese plate were from New York, however. I put a little note on it directing them to this site. I watched to see who drove & wouldn't 'ya know the phone rang, and I was on for 10 minutes & when I looked out again .... she was gone. First 60 Special I've seen on the road now in like 6 months, and there it was, in front of my house, on a quiet residential dead end street!
    I tell many people about this site, but none of them seem much interested. or like... "So?" ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Re: Shocked by what was parked in front of my house

Had my first Sixty sighting about a week ago in the Best Buy parking lot. Also a bit faded but it was a bluer color...I don't think it was slate green. Couldn't drool over it too much as my girl started whining and people were staring at me. Plus we drove her LeBaron so it looked like I was a poor chump without a Sixty of my own! Oh, it was 100% stock, no moonroof.

Light Sapphire Blue Metallic (Light)
    Sapphire Blue Firemist (Medium)
    Black-Sapphire Metallic (Navy)

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    People next door to my house had a small party last night. I was unaware of this until like 11PM when I looked outside. There, in front of my house was a 1993 Sixty Special. It was Silver, with (of course) a matching roof and grey leather. Had no Moonroof, and standard wheels. Paint was badly faded, but after close inspection, there was not a single scratch or dent on the thing, and no body parts were missing. Looked like a low mileage car that spend its life in the Florida sun. Licnese plate were from New York, however. I put a little note on it directing them to this site. I watched to see who drove & wouldn't 'ya know the phone rang, and I was on for 10 minutes & when I looked out again .... she was gone. First 60 Special I've seen on the road now in like 6 months, and there it was, in front of my house, on a quiet residential dead end street!
    I tell many people about this site, but none of them seem much interested. or like... "So?" ~
    Interesting. You need a cordless phone! 60 Specials seem so rare. I did run into an elderly couple at a car dealership in the fall, and I believe their 60 was a deep burgandy? I think it was a '93. We compared cars, and the major difference seemed to be the seats. I have perforated (couch) holes, and the 60's were smooth with the heat controls, etc. Wouldn't you know it, but later the next week it was for sale at that dealership, and I'm guessing he traded on a new TC.
    Last week I saw a lady driving a 1990-93 white Fleetwood FWD coupe. It was in great shape, and as we were driving home, and in the same direction, I drove along right beside her ready to give the "thumbs up" but she wouldn't even look! I guess some people don't really care what they drive as long as they feel important. Most likely NOT a car enthusiast either.

93_60Special is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Sixty Special

I've noticed for the most part that alot of people aren't into their cars. There's onlt the select few who are REALLY into cars. Since I bought my 93 60 special back in june of last year, I have yet to see another 60 special. But a white fleetwood (fwd)lives across the street and a couple houses down from me, and a grey 91ish DeVille on the next block.

Quote Originally Posted by 93_60Special
    I've noticed for the most part that alot of people aren't into their cars. There's onlt the select few who are REALLY into cars. Since I bought my 93 60 special back in june of last year, I have yet to see another 60 special. But a white fleetwood (fwd)lives across the street and a couple houses down from me, and a grey 91ish DeVille on the next block.
    For our body style, one in 10 you see will be a Fleetwood, and even fewer than that will be a 60 special! VERY rare indeed,

Only 5,293 Sixty Specials were made for 1993. Of that number, 4,777 remained in the USA, as the other 515 went to Canada or Japan. 4,777 would be appox. 95 per state. Subtract maybe 35% to total wrecks or no longer driveable, and you've got 3,100 on the road, or 62 per state. Few indeed.

Only 5,293 Sixty Specials were made for 1993. Of that number, 4,777 remained in the USA, as the other 515 went to Canada or Japan. 4,777 would be appox. 95 per state. Subtract maybe 35% to total wrecks or no longer driveable, and you've got 3,100 on the road, or 62 per state. Few indeed.
    Sandy, I'd like a breakdown of some more numbers, if possible:

In the styling of '89-'93,

What year were the FEWEST 60 Specials built?

What year were the FEWEST Fleetwoods like mine built?

Fewest Fleetwood Sedans = 1992
    Fewest Fleetwood Coupes = 1992
    Fewest Sixty Specials = 1993

How about RAREST colors? No ?

1989:
    Fleetwood Cpe Pearl Grey (CODE 17) >> 36 made >> Dark Antelope (67) 39 made
    Fleetwood Sedan Cameo Ivory (54) 1 (one) Made !!
    60 Spcl Rosewood (82) 3 made >> Pearl Gray (17) 13 made.

1990:
    Flwd Coupe Slate Gray (18) 17 made
    Flwd Sedan Cameo Ivory (54) 8 made
    60 Spcl Slate Gray (18) 26 made

1991:
    Flwd Coupe: Cameo Ivory (54) 1 made (ONE !!)
    Light Slate Gray (18) 2 made
    Light Auburn (64) 4 made
    Flwd Sedan: Cameo Ivory (54) 3 made
    60 Spcl: Light Slate Gray (18) 10 made

1992:
    Flwd Coupe: Autumn Brown (69) 5 made
    Flwd Sedan: Autumn Brown (69) 126 made
    60 SPCL: Taupe (63) 7 made

1993:
    Sixty Special: Dark Plum (88) 55 made
    Sixty Special ULTRA Slate Bronze 2 made

Fewest Fleetwood Sedans = 1992
    Fewest Fleetwood Coupes = 1992
    Fewest Sixty Specials = 1993

How about RAREST colors? No ?

1989:
    Fleetwood Cpe Pearl Grey (CODE 17) >> 36 made >> Dark Antelope (67) 39 made
    Fleetwood Sedan Cameo Ivory (54) 1 (one) Made !!
    60 Spcl Rosewood (82) 3 made >> Pearl Gray (17) 13 made.

1990:
    Flwd Coupe Slate Gray (18) 17 made
    Flwd Sedan Cameo Ivory (54) 8 made
    60 Spcl Slate Gray (18) 26 made

1991:
    Flwd Coupe: Cameo Ivory (54) 1 made (ONE !!)
    Light Slate Gray (18) 2 made
    Light Auburn (64) 4 made
    Flwd Sedan: Cameo Ivory (54) 3 made
    60 Spcl: Light Slate Gray (18) 10 made

1992:
    Flwd Coupe: Autumn Brown (69) 5 made
    Flwd Sedan: Autumn Brown (69) 126 made
    60 SPCL: Taupe (63) 7 made

1993:
    Sixty Special: Dark Plum (88) 55 made
    Sixty Special ULTRA Slate Bronze 2 made
    Woooooo, what's up with that Cameo Ivory!! I mean, were these just special ordered colors because I thought Cadillac (or any car manufacturer for that matter) just made a certain number of them in each color, and if they didn't sell well, they cancelled the specific color?! I know some people special order their cars for the options and colors, but there are so few Cameo Ivory, and it counds like a nice "off white" color, maybe a pre-White Diamond in the ruff?

Now I'm really curious if that lady in the "whiteish" Fleetwood coupe I saw a few weeks ago was the elusive 1991! Light Auburn and Taupe sound like nice colors. Yet still, people still prefer BLACK , even with all these extrordinarily unique, beautiful colors to choose from!

Cameo Ivory was yellow. Light, bright yellow. A regular production color in those years. Reason why such a poor seller was this:-
    On the deVilles, Cadillac offerred a matching light yellow leather interior. However, they did NOT offer such on the Fleetwoods. On the Fleetwoods the only color interior available with Cameo Ivory was black. It would have been a yellow car with a matching yellow vinyl roof and black interior. I guess that was what killed it.
    See that one (1) 1991 Fleetwood COUPE in Cameo Ivory? I actually saw that car!! It's here in New Jersey. Now, while they offered the black interior in the SEDANS (Fleetwood) they did NOT offer a black interior in the Fleetwood coupes for 91 or 92. THAT car has a Navy Blue leather interior !!!! A woman in her late 60s drives it, and she knows what she has ! It was a mistake (error) a real fluke. Cadillac actually offered a car in a color for which they had no interior compatable color to go with, in the 1991 Fleetwood Coupe. Cameo Ivory shoulda been not available, but somehow, somebody goofed! :rolleyes2

Cameo Ivory was yellow. Light, bright yellow. A regular production color in those years. Reason why such a poor seller was this:-
    On the deVilles, Cadillac offerred a matching light yellow leather interior. However, they did NOT offer such on the Fleetwoods. On the Fleetwoods the only color interior available with Cameo Ivory was black. It would have been a yellow car with a matching yellow vinyl roof and black interior. I guess that was what killed it.
    See that one (1) 1991 Fleetwood COUPE in Cameo Ivory? I actually saw that car!! It's here in New Jersey. Now, while they offered the black interior in the SEDANS (Fleetwood) they did NOT offer a black interior in the Fleetwood coupes for 91 or 92. THAT car has a Navy Blue leather interior !!!! A woman in her late 60s drives it, and she knows what she has ! It was a mistake (error) a real fluke. Cadillac actually offered a car in a color for which they had no interior compatable color to go with, in the 1991 Fleetwood Coupe. Cameo Ivory shoulda been not available, but somehow, somebody goofed! :rolleyes2
    There is a late 1980's FWD Fleetwood 2 door (1987?) parked up my street every day with a nice light yellow paint, yellow or cream colored seats. I wonder if it's that rare color?

That lady in NJ, see if you can get the car from her for a song. Maybe it's worth something, then put it on ebay.

93_60Special is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Sixty Special

How about this for ironic, about 2 days after I posted my other message, I was at the local subway and I saw a blue sixty special. At first I thought it was a regular old fleetwood. It was a pretty bright blue, with a white convertible style top, blue leather, no gold trim, and the kicker? it was an Ultra. The car itself was pretty beat, if only it had a black interior, then I might have put my phone # on it and buy it to put the seats in my car (if they were mint like mine).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.