Consumer Report: What's YOUR opinion? We'd like to know... - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Consumer Report: What's YOUR opinion? We'd like to know... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1994 Sedan Deville -113k 4.9L w/ Day Night package. This thing still runs like new. Honestly the only parts that ...
    MikeyTrees is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Consumer Report: What's YOUR opinion? We'd like to know...

1994 Sedan Deville -113k 4.9L w/ Day Night package.

This thing still runs like new. Honestly the only parts that seemed to give up after the first 100k have been; the door window motor, water pump, plastic coolant T to heater (they should make this out of aluminium) BUT THAT's IT!

This engine runs incredible. Always given it premium gas which is required, but I consider it to be $150-$200 more per year as good PM work. The air ride still works like a charm, GM does sell a bypass system for these years which is MUCH cheaper than orig equip. I threw about 12 oz. of Lucas Tranny stuff to revive the fluid and it shifts smoother than glass.

Front wheel drive with a reliable engine, and good on gas while crusing the highway... I love this car. I recenlty replaced emblems, ventshades, and added rockers and pillars in chrome. I think it looks better now then when it came off the line. This is the pic before. But you can't miss with this year Deville.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...1&d=1144527901

Tchiak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Deville 208K miles

1991 Deville - 197k 4.9L with daylights.

Everything runs beautifully in it, although i have had problems with water leaks getting into the backseat of the car and my fuel guage center seems to not want to turn on now adays. The engine has been rebuilt and brake system redone. She runs good. I get about 14-16MPG In the city, depending on how many red lights i run into(i always get the side with the looooong red lights).

lukky4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i have a 98 deville paid 8100. for it. Wasnt sure about making this purchase cause the gas prices now reaching $3+. My other consideration was a ford explorer. well i can say that i made the right choice. MPG not bad at all smooth as silk ride, plenty of horses and at this point seems reliable. I purchased it with 61000 on it about 2 months ago and put 1500 on it since. Only issue i have with it is ...no CD player. I believe there is CD changer connection in the trunk but honestly wouldnt know where to get one. but i do love this car...

bigbea is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I own a 94 Cadillac Deville and a 89 Brougham. Overall I am a huge cadillac fan. The comfort and ride are sooo trademark. The 4.9L isn't that fast but it sure is reliable. Only con to the non N* is GAS MILEAGE.

TwoUpTwoDown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 1994 Deville, dark blue in and out. I asbolutely love it. Its got 84k miles on it, with one previous owner whom i know personally. He drove it only to church and family reunions, and the only thing he's ever had to fix or replace was the alternator and the windshield wiper motor. I'm 6 foot 5 and its the most spacious car Ive ever been in. I also have a '79 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance (off topic i know)with an immaculate original interior with tan leather and shag carpet. I love the '94 but the '79 is my pride and joy.

2003DevilleDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New to the forum. I own a 2003 Deville DTS and like it alot. I have rented alot of tese cars for business trips and decided to buy one. I would never pay the crazy money they want new but I did find one in my price range and I am happy with it so far. I think cadilac managed to combine a luxury car with a sporty fun car to drive. I only things I would change would be from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive and a little more horses. Other then that it good.

Chickengas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2001 DTS - loaded w/nightvision

NEVER AGAIN. Cadillac draws you in with its "fit and finish" crap, and basically what your ending up with is an overpriced Chevy or Buick. All the same problems with trim and window motors and plastic buttons.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Most of the malcontents here seem to think that they can pay a used car price for one, but that car should operate and function just as it did when it left the factory! More's the pity, I suppose because they will continue to hunt down every squeak, every rattle and rant on into the night against the injustice of it all. Imagine a X years old car not living up to it's original out-of=the-box warranty! I suppose they use that same logic when buying stereos or anything used.

I own 2 of these cars, an '88 and a '97. Both of them were bought used because the price was right; I knew they were used, I expected to find the problems and small annoyances that used cars bring to the table and I continue to enjoy both of these cars to the max.

If you got the money to buy a new one, good on you. And expect to find nothing wrong with that new car, either. You're paying the big bucks to be the first to sit your ass in that car and be the envy of the neighbours. But if you go the cheaper route and buy used - expect all that follows that decision, as well. Don't tar the entire line just because a car didn't live up to unrealistic expectations.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Most of the malcontents here seem to think that they can pay a used car price for one, but that car should operate and function just as it did when it left the factory! More's the pity, I suppose because they will continue to hunt down every squeak, every rattle and rant on into the night against the injustice of it all. Imagine a X years old car not living up to it's original out-of=the-box warranty! I suppose they use that same logic when buying stereos or anything used.

I own 2 of these cars, an '88 and a '97. Both of them were bought used because the price was right; I knew they were used, I expected to find the problems and small annoyances that used cars bring to the table and I continue to enjoy both of these cars to the max.

If you got the money to buy a new one, good on you. And expect to find nothing wrong with that new car, either. You're paying the big bucks to be the first to sit your ass in that car and be the envy of the neighbours. But if you go the cheaper route and buy used - expect all that follows that decision, as well. Don't tar the entire line just because a car didn't live up to unrealistic expectations.
    Couldn't have said it better.

wooded is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 seville

I have a '97 deville and a '97 deville d'elegance, they have 187k and 133k respectively, I've only had them 6 months the base model is great, but needs a new ac system, compressor, accum, etc I may trade them in towards a 2002 base deville, just because of the price 15K. with I could find a certified dts for that.

96SedanDerVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought a preowned 96 deville a couple of years ago-it had about 100k on it when we purchased it. The 32,000 miles that we have put on it in the last 2 years have been expensive to say the least! Had to replace the engine last spring, then the starter, and O2 sensor went. The heater fan went shortly after that! Brakes had to be replaced too. I don't mind replacing the "wear and tear" items, but to replace a Northstar engine at 126K is just ridiculous. The ride doesn't cut it on the roads here in Maine either-the suspension is just too soft for frost heaves and potholes-the thing bottoms out all too easily.

Gas mileage is impressive for such a large car-22.5 around town and nearly 25 on the I. Very comfortable if the road is smooth. Looks are impressive with the carriage top!

Although there are some that I like, I will probably never purchase another one!

JimHare is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!

Curious as to why you had to replace the engine? Complete self-destruct? And didn't the new engine include a starter?

Your post doesn't quite make sense - Discounting the engine, you've replaced 1 starter, 1 sensor and heater fan in 132,000 miles...That doesn't sound too damn bad to me.

Give us details about the 'replaced' engine...

The only reason I ask is that I had a '99 D for about 4 years, from 33K to 100K and it cost me two alternators and a radiator overflow tank that whole time. And my '02, with 138,000 on it has gone through 1 A/C compressor, 1 window regulator and a headlight bulb..

31415926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville Sedan

I like my 98 Deville.
    Had some small problems but the engine is still running strong at 230K miles with 30 highway MPG in the summer time.

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

My 96 deville bottoms out real easy too.

jcw122 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DeVille

I have a 2000 Deville, I'm 17 and needless to say I love it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.