1991 DeVille Radio Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1991 DeVille Radio Question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a sweet '91 DeVille, but it has the standard AM/FM radio with a cassette player. I would ...
    jescfp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1991 DeVille Radio Question

I just bought a sweet '91 DeVille, but it has the standard AM/FM radio with a cassette player. I would really like to put in a Caddie radio with both cassette and cd; the local dealer thinks that the first year that the DeVille came out with a cd player was 1996. Is this true? And, most importantly, will it fit right into my '91? Is there anyplace on the net to find one? I'd be very appreciative of any assistance with this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham

Re: 1991 DeVille Radio Question

Yea, in 1991 the Deville had an option for the Delco-Bose System with CD player....

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1990/cad91d.htm

towards the bottom of the page, the options for 1991 are listed. You can usually find one on ebay, but for the options and price, you'd probably be better off going for an after market cd deck.

inmycadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS Luxury II-?, 98 Eldorado-Crimson Pearl

Question Re: 1991 DeVille Radio Question

Why not just go with a brand name cd player like Eclipse or Pioneer? It would probably save you alot of time and maybe even money. I imagine it'd be difficult to find a Bose Cd player from a 91 Deville. I have an Eclipse and have been very pleased with it. :coolgleam

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

I don't think the newer radios will fit. They look a lot bigger then the older ones.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

A CD changer is always a good way to go and get speaker upgrades. AC Delco does a pretty good job with their sound.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    I don't think the newer radios will fit. They look a lot bigger then the older ones.
    You are correct about this. Last year when I had radio trouble I enquired about a cd and cassette combo, and the GM dealer assured me it would not fit, plus one can tell by looking at it. The GM dealership also seems to charge too much for this type of electronic equiptment and you could be better off going aftermarket, but it won't be original.

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Aftermarket CP players fit. I have a Pioneer in my 90. They have kits to mount them. Go to a best buy or somthing and ask about kits for your car. Dealers will tell you lots of things to get you to pay way to much for their stuff.

CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

Yea, and I got a Jenson CD/Tape player in my 93 SDV, it fits perfect.

Jack

Grog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just go to Crutchfield and enter your car year and model they will tell you what speakers and radios will fit. My 91 Seville had a limit of 6 3/4 depth on the head unit and 1 1/2 depth on door speakers. I installed a Kenwood system with Sirrus.

gman89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go with an aftermarket head unit. They sound musch better than most stock radios(except for the newest ones).

Pioneer makes two 1.5 DIN receivers that will fill the opening in your dash. Any 1.0 DIN receiver will fit with a mouning kit. There is a plug in wire harness that will make installation a snap. No kidding, it will take 10 minutes to swap the radio. Changing speakers will take some time.

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you want to keep your OEM head unit (I did) look into an FM modulated CD/MP3 changer for the trunk.

I put one in about a month ago and I couldn't be more pleased.

CadillacQt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 91' Deville I put a ioneer Mp3/ Cd player in it. The sound is awesome and that year Caddy has built in subwoofers! The pioneer was about $270 but well worth it. casstes are so over get an MP3 Cd player!! Pimp your car!!

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Qt~ I was under the impression that the 1991 Deville standard (non-Bose) sound system was similar to the 1990 Deville standard sound system.

Would you please tell me where they located the subwoofer?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.