Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1990 Deville with 216000 Miles for 500 bucks, is this a good deal?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  dchavezo 
#1 ·
So I have a 01 Deville DTS and I love my car despite going through the Dreaded head gasket issue and replacing all but one window reg. She's still in clean condition. So I'm looking at a "beater" for the winter as mine has never seen one, found this 90 Deville with the 4.6 for 500 see the ad here(http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/5284646852.html)
bucks I couldn't test drive it cause I'm 6'4 and quite heavy and the seat motor was out so my friend drove it and said the transmission felt like it would slip out of gear when he wasn't on the throttle. the lady told me the trans seal and motor mount and throttle body all need to be addressed and there was a small hole in the exhaust. it didn't smoke besides condensation it was cold and raining when I looked at it and it seemed to still have plenty of power. now., I like the car but kinda scared after all I went through with my 01 DTS is it worth putting the money into it for a winter cruiser?

#11 ·
$500 sounds like a fair price, if it starts and drives

You would need a lot of free time to work on it, and it will never be a show car with that paint

I would get something better suited to winter driving. BB value for a mid-90s S10 Blazer in excellent condition is less than $1500

#13 ·
brougham said:
You don't want a worn our car for a beater. You're going to spend more keeping it on the road then another 01 will cost you. If stuff doesn't break because of high mileage it'll be the age. The rims it has on it are kind of rare tho.
this is an excellent point. For the rims and tires alone I'd consider if they were in good condition (and could be cleaned up). Might be worth the 500 if you already had one of this generation and wanted a parts car.

----------

(But even then, it's a high mileage parts car)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.