what are these codes for....please read
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, what are these codes for....please read in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1993 cadillac sedan deville 4.9. This car is awesome and it pretty quick to me. I recently ...
    93sdeville4.9m is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what are these codes for....please read

I have a 1993 cadillac sedan deville 4.9. This car is awesome and it pretty quick to me. I recently learned about obd(on board diagnostics) and I even reset the the codes I think.(anyone have some persice directions to this things full use?)Please share with me anyone. The codes are as follows per flash.....888, (E), E21, E22, E48, E52, E55, E61, E70, E85, E98, (EE), E55, E85, (F), F40. The gas peddle thumps because of the ISM. I changed the TPS becuase of that thumping adjusted it and it quit but the car was still starting bad idling back and forth for about 2 mins. On top of that the car would idle kinda high and when your slowing down the car idles down abruptly when you come to a complete stop. I readjusted the TPS (Do I need a special tool to mess with the TPS? Where can I get one ?). Apreciate any leads. Its more than I have now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: what are these codes for....please read

E21- Shorted TPS Signal
    E22- Open TPS Signal
    E48- EGR system Problem
    E52- PCM Memory Reset
    E55- Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range
    E61- Cruise - Vent Solenoid Problem
    E70- Intermittent TPS Signal
    E85- Idle Throttle Angle Too High
    E98- High RPM P/N to D/R Shift Under ISC

Thanks for the info. That was great! Does anyone know how to troubleshoot any of these problems before I start replacing things ? I dont have much money This car is worth fixing!

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

5, maybe 6 of those could be caused by a messed up TPS. E52 means you disconnected your battery (hopefully), then you have a cruise code which is minor. That TPS is whats killing it though. Check the harness as far back as practical, and make sure that it is not damaged. Someone else will have to post on how to adjust your TPS though.

Exclamation Re: what are these codes for....please read

I did disconnect my battery awhile ago. I did some research. TPS is brand new. Does anyone know how to set the ISM so Idle is at 550rpms? Along with that The TPS is suppose to be at .5 volts at idle and 5.0 volts at wide open throttle. How do I test the TPS to measure the volts? How do I adjust the ISM without messing up the TPS or vice versa? Also just wondering how to fix the cruise solenoid (my cruise dont work)? does the car have a relearn for ISM or whatever it is that the caddys always have to relearn when the battery is disconnected? Thanks for reading my threads and helping me out!

I reset all the codes and now Im getting a code E52. PCM reset . Ifound on this site a link to this relearn mystery......

Idle Learn Procedure
    The TP sensor/IDLE LEARN should be preformed when-
    TP is replaced
    throttle body replaced
    PCM replaced
    battery disconnected or replaced
    PCM code 52
    IAC adjusted
    TP sensor adjustment has been preformed
    min idle speed adjust procedure has been preformed

IDLE LEARN PROCEDURE ***4.9L***
    1-outside temp is 50 degrees or greater
    2-start engine and idle 13 min
    3-at end of 13 min- enter diagnostics (engine running)
    4-turn engine off
    5-wait min of 20 sec
    6-turn ign on (engine off)
    7-enter diagnostics
    8-turn ign off
    9-wait min of 20 seconds
    10-turn ign on (engine off)
    11-enter diagnostics
    12-turn ign off
    13-wait min of 20 seconds
    14-start engine
    15- appy brakes and shift into 'drive'
    16- turn the ccp 'off' and allow engine yo idle 1 minute
    17- turn the ccp to 'auto' make sure AC comp engages- idle for 1
    minute
    18- put car in park and turn ign off

I did this and my gas peddle no long ratchetts anymore. But I get code 52 still and code F48.Could someone tell me that has had this experience, do I have to replace the computer? or the BCM? I heard that 52 means lots of problems?

Cadillac-Junkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hi i have a p=85 current code ,please let me know if u found out how to lower the angle for the idle throttle thanks 8-)

CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

Hey I just replaced my TPS today and I was reading it out looking for the 0.5 volts at idle and I set it to that, then when I would go to get the 5.0 volts at open throttle it would only go to about 3.8 or so, before I replaced the TPS it was reading .8 volts at idle and 4.50 at wide open, so thats why I thought it was bad, but now I have to set my new one at the same specs or the car will run like crap, oh and I am getting a E55 code, I didnt do the re learn thing yet, because I figured I wouldnt waste my time since I think the TPS is still out of adjustment, and yes I disconnected the battery after I did the job in case anyone was wondering. Anyone have any advice?

Jack

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.