Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Window Woes

507 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  96_Deville 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am currently dealing with an issue on my Parents 1996 Cadillac Deville. The issue that I am running into is getting the driver side window to work correctly. They bought the car a month ago and the previous owner thought the window motor was bad and needed replacing. No big deal I can do that I thought to myself. I went ahead and took the door panel apart *after watching a YouTube video, those doors were a PITA at first* Then I disconnected the window motor from the regulator gear. I found that the window motor worked, the problem with regulator was the running gear was bent all out of shape. So I decided to go and look for a new window regulator at my local parts store and online. I was unable to find a replacement regulator for this car, I was really shocked that there were no replacement parts for this Deville. I went ahead to the local junkyards in Pasadena to find a used regulator from a wrecked Cadillac. I was able to find one for $54 and I tried installing it this evening. Everything went smoothly until I needed to get the window back on the track so it would stay. Well apparently the regulator from the junkyard does not have the black tabs that the one in the car had for the slide for the window. So the window falls off and will not work correctly. I am at the point to where I want to give up. If I could just get something to go over the metal ball joints on the arms of the regulator to keep the window in place it would work. The only other option is to buy a new one that comes with the plastic tabs. Btw I tried installing the plastic tabs from the stock regulator but they broke. :crybaby:

So now I thought I would join this forum and try to get some help on fixing this cars window, I wanna drive around with the windows down with style.:beavis:

Thank you in advance for any help.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.