Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Finally got a multi meter....

694 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ratmonster 
#1 ·
I keep saying I'm gonna fix my car one day, but money is elusive and time makes money look abundant. *But I finally picked up a multi meter today. *Employees get an amazing discount at the parts store I work for, so it was under twelve bucks before tax. *Can't hardly beat that!

I've done the stethoscope trick on all of my injectors but one, which I believe is cylinder 6. *There is just too much stuff in the way to access it. *Cyl 8 sounds iffy, and cyl 5 sounds like it's on a coffee break. So I disconnect cyl 7 injector so that I can get a good reference, since I believe that one to be good (nice loud clicking when stethoscoped.) *I measured it's resistance at 17.4. I moved over to one of my weaker sounding ones, namely cyl 5, and I measured resistance at a heart-stopping 1.4. *I'll check more of them when the car has cooled off, but I just drove it home from work, so I only did a couple that were easy to access. *I'll let you guys know what I find.

I also pulled, checked, and re-installed all my spark plugs in the last week. *The one at cyl 5 was, I believe, the original plug from the car, and ACDelco with no remaining electrode. *I hoped that would fix the miss but now I know why it didn't.

As a side note, if anyone drives a car with compatible injectors and has upgraded but has the old ones stored somewhere, I might want to take them off your hands. *PM me.

----------

For some reason I see little (*) asterisk stars all over my post. *Let me know if you see them too. *I don't know why they are there.

See less See more
#2 ·
For some reason I see little (*) asterisk stars all over my post. *Let me know if you see them too. *I don't know why they are there.
Go to the main forums page, Help Desk. There is currently a thread running that concerns threads/posts text problems. Post your * info there.

#3 ·
Employees get an amazing discount at the parts store I work for,
so it was under twelve bucks before tax.
*Can't hardly beat that!

bet I can - :stirpot:

--------------

harborfreight - $5.99 -
http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-digital-multimeter-90899.html
and quite often they use this as a promotion item -
and it's free - with any purchase -

here is one for $3.66 - with free shipping - and no tax -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Digita...e-DC-AC-LCD-/131452681513?hash=item1e9b30bd29

or $4.49 - with free shipping - and no tax - this is identical to the harborfreight one -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cen-Tech-Mu...285?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed9cb8c95

---------------------

As a side note, if anyone drives a car with compatible injectors
and has upgraded but has the old ones stored somewhere,
I might want to take them off your hands
if you don't want to screw around with questionable used parts -
I found two deals for you -

first one is a full set of 8 - reman - flow-matched - Bosch - 4-hole/upgraded - injectors -
$80.95 - with free shipping - DOES NOT MENTION WARRANTY -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-93-Cadil...992|Model:DeVille&hash=item43e041e1e2&vxp=mtr

-----------------------

second one appears to the the same reman Bosch injectors -
but states 5-year warranty -
$103.99 - with free shipping -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Yr-Warran...992|Model:DeVille&hash=item20ffbe83cd&vxp=mtr

--------------------------

For some reason I see little (*) asterisk stars all over my post.
*Let me know if you see them too.
YES - cute little snowflakes -
isn't that SPECIAL - :florian:

#4 ·
Oooh, those are some tasty looking deals! *And you're right Bass, kind of silly to muck about with used parts.

And you killed my deals. *But there are a couple benefits to getting mine at work - mainly that I didn't have to wait for one to ship, and I didn't have to drive out of my way to get it. *The closest Harbor Freight is like 40 minutes from here.

Still, it hurts somewhere down deep in my jewishness (yes, I am a member of the tribe by some tiny percentile) that somebody got a multi meter for five bucks and it wasn't me. * *:violin::ripped::dammit::xcry:

#7 ·
=========================
Oooh, those are some tasty looking deals
ya - considering they go for around $125 each new -

at around 100K miles -
I had 1 original injector fail - and 2 more worked -
but were out of spec in my 95 Deville - 4.9 -
replace the set with the reman Bosch - updated 4-hole units -

that car regularly delivered 28.4 to 28.8 mpg - on the highway -
AC on - cruise set at 74 - 400 miles - Minneapolis to Chicago -
and had no problem towing a 2000+lb bass boat at 75mph -
though the gas mileage went down "a little" -
well - OK - a lot - to around 14mpg - still not too bad -

it hurts somewhere down deep in my jewishness
(yes, I am a member of the tribe by some tiny percentile)
hey - we ALL have a little Jewishness in us - and that's a GOOD thing -

such a deal I find for you!

#10 ·
Re: Finally got a multi meter.... And thanks to Basscat!

Hey Basscat, I just ordered the injectors you sent me the link to. Took a few weeks to scrounge up the cash, but they should be here by next weekend. My good friend Eric says he'll gladly help me install them. I can't wait for my car to run right!!!

THANKS for the information!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.