Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  DopeStar 156 
#1 ·
Today I found a white 1995 SDV with a blue cloth top, gold package, hand pinstripes, very nice car, for $8k. The car has 67k on it, in great shape, CD player, blue leather interior, 4.9 V8, the works. Here's what I got when I ran diagnostics on it.

DTC's:
P052 History
I032 History
I039 Current
T072 History

The first time I started it the Service Vehicle Soon light was on but the second time it went out. The display also said "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL." The car runs and drives just fine without any problems. Can someone tell me what those codes mean and if this is a good car? Depending on the severity of these/this problem(s) I will request a price drop accordingly. Thanks.

#2 ·
Service Ride Control-the electronic struts went on it.

its expensive to replace the struts with OEM electronic struts, but if you go for the passive struts like I have, its $80 a strut, and they do fit. Thats what Rick did on his '93.

#8 ·
Night Wolf said:
$8k? Gosh, that is quie a chunk.... I'd offer $5k.

Service Ride Control, yup, struts went... tho it may ride and drive fine, because they still work, but the electronic part that changes the dampening rates went bad.
Actually yeah, that's a good point. I never even thought to check the actual book value of the car.... Thanks Rick, I'll tell him no more than $5k.

#13 ·
theres a data issue somewherethats hurting the ABS , (your to72) its also whinging at the ipc level about the abs issue too , (io32) , io39 is a data issue with the road sensing suspension , dont worry about this one , i now know all the workarounds so we can get rid of that one , io52 just indicates the battery was pulled at somepoint ....

im very concerned about the ABS data codes , i would have to look at the car and figure out what we had , it could be the controller or just a wire that got pinched somewhere between the trunk electronics rack and the ipc , or from the abs black under the hood to the ipc or to ....see i could go on all day

#14 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
theres a data issue somewherethats hurting the ABS , (your to72) its also whinging at the ipc level about the abs issue too , (io32) , io39 is a data issue with the road sensing suspension , dont worry about this one , i now know all the workarounds so we can get rid of that one , io52 just indicates the battery was pulled at somepoint ....

im very concerned about the ABS data codes , i would have to look at the car and figure out what we had , it could be the controller or just a wire that got pinched somewhere between the trunk electronics rack and the ipc , or from the abs black under the hood to the ipc or to ....see i could go on all day
Well, the ABS code is history. Doesn't that mean it was a problem at some point but is no longer? Thanks for decoding those by the way. The road sensing suspension I don't give a shit about, as long as the suspension does its regular job, I'm happy.

#16 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
if its history then were ok
Yep, I039 was the only current one and I believe that was the ride control which was also the message the speedo displayed for me to see. The bullshit dealer told me that message meant it was the air shocks but they were fixed and he couldn't make the message go away. I even suggested it being the road sensing suspension and he's like, "Naah that's not it!"

:thepan: Dyurrrrrr....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.