Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Destroyer 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought a set of '05 STS wheels for my '98 Deville from ebay. Anyone else put these on a 96-99 Deville?. If so, any pics?. I should be getting them next week. They are staggered with 235/45/17's in front and 255/45/17's out back. Should look great and they are polished, I hope there are no fitment issues. I'll post pics when they are on. :thumbsup: Also bought gas struts for rear to replace the air suspension and new headlights. Car should be looking pretty sweet by the end of next week.

G
#4 ·
ghser7 said:
IMO Staggered wheels look kinda silly on FWD cars. Post pics when you get them, I'm interested to see if they fit and how they look on the car.
Yeah I had second thoughts on the staggered wheels but thought the wheels were pretty nice looking. I dont think it will look silly as we are not exactly talking about a tubbed car with racing slicks out back and FWD. I was more concerned about not being able to rotate the tires. Another thing that concerned me was that I believe the '05/'06 STS is RWD and even though the bolt pattern is right the offset might be different but the seller assured me they would fit. I'll know for sure in a few days.

#5 ·
Destroyer said:
. Another thing that concerned me was that I believe the '05/'06 STS is RWD and even though the bolt pattern is right the offset might be different but the seller assured me they would fit. I'll know for sure in a few days.
Yea, the '05-up STS is RWD. I'd be interested to see if they fit ok! I thought they used different bolt patterns?

G
#6 ·
caddydaddy said:
Yea, the '05-up STS is RWD. I'd be interested to see if they fit ok! I thought they used different bolt patterns?
Now I'm really getting anxious to get them here and on the car. The guy said they were 5x115 and fit FWD Caddies and other GM FWD cars dating back to the early 90's. Many RWD cars today have FWD offsets. For instance, a Toyota Camry's wheels fit Mustangs and so forth. I just paid $1k for these wheels/tires, they better fit.:want:

G
#8 ·
carmaster said:
I'm interested to see how they look, I'm in need of some new rims for my 96.
Should have them late this week/early next week. I'll get pics of them as soon as they are on. I hope they look good as I've never seen a Deville with them. I'll be the test dummy.:eek:

G
#16 ·
ghser7 said:
:thumbsup: hope all goes well.
No things didn't go well. FedEx truck came here to day and dropped off the packages. Problem is I got 4 chrome Escalade wheels. Called the seller and found out my wheels/tires got sent to someone else by accident and I got their wheels. Seller is on top of things and said I should have my wheels in the next few days. This stuff just gets me so pissed off!:bigroll:

G
#18 ·
caddydaddy said:
I don't think Escalade wheels will fit a Deville! LOL! :) Hope your new STS wheels get to you ok!
Being that they are 6 lug and the Deville's are 5 lug, i'd say you are right on with that diagnosis. Guess they should be here sometime next week. I hate waiting, plus its my b-day gift to the wife and they will now be a belated gift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.