Service Manuals??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Service Manuals?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; What is a good recomendation for service manual(s) for a 86 DeVille? the 2 i have suck. (Haynes or something ...
    JoeBleed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Service Manuals??

What is a good recomendation for service manual(s) for a 86 DeVille? the 2 i have suck. (Haynes or something and some other one) was looking at AcDelco's site and they list what they say are the orginal GM service manuals. Claim to be 3000 pages long but so do the other discriptions of the body manual and a flow chart. What are some recomendations and/or opinions on these manuals.

Also sorce for good quality parts in general would be a great thing as well. I am not too fond of Advance Auto and Auto zone parts. and there isn't much more to chose from localy. I have been browsing the link i saw on this site some were to by gm parts.com for oem parts.

Any opinions welcome.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AZDinker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Service Manuals??

I have the Haynes and Chilton manuals for my 90 Deville, got them both at Amazon.com. I also bought the Deville/Fleetwood Service Information Manual (the original shop manual, a HUGE tome) at Ebay which has anything/everything you ever wanted to know about the car. I'd have to say it's the best investment I've made about my car, I use it all the time. But I do sometimes refer to the other books, they sometimes have better descriptions or photos/diagrams.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

The best one is the factory manual. They're on ebay a lot at good prices so check there for one. They have a lot more information in them then the other ones do.

I have a Haynes one and the factory one for the big Cadillacs, I didn't think the Haynes one was very good.

Anyone have any idea what the "Front Wheel Drive C L/L Service Manual" is? it is listed on http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...0VX7SNV7BG6MX6

Big Jim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The factory manual is the best investment you can make for your car. It is the only authoritative source for electrical and diagnostic information. eBay is often a good source but be a little careful. Auction prices can occasionally end up more than buying it new from Helm. I eBayed a set for my '94 and only saved about $10 and got a used set of books.

danyboy91 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

An alternative to the actual "paper" service manual is available on the NET. It's the ALLDATADIY web site. You subscribe for a year's access to the electronic version of the service manual. You can even print the info and create a paper version of the most likely to be used sections. An advantage to this is that they provide the technical service bulletins generated by GM ! It helps making a diagnostic in a significant manner. Renewals after a year carry a price reduction, and so does adding other make/model WEB Manuals. Check it out ! There's a DEMO version ! (www.alldatadiy.com)

I bought the paper service and body manual about a 2 weeks ago. I have been looking though them for about a week now and i am very pleased with them. They are MUCH better than the cheap ones you get from advance auto, autozone, and the likes. it was money well spent and something i wish i would have done 5 years ago.

Thanks for all the imput.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

TTT.....There is currently a used one on ebay at $20.00 right now.
    GM wants $90.00 for it and Ive seen it for $75 at books 4 cars.
    Do you think that 75 is good for a new one? I am also keeping an eye on that ebay one.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    TTT.....There is currently a used one on ebay at $20.00 right now.
    GM wants $90.00 for it and Ive seen it for $75 at books 4 cars.
    Do you think that 75 is good for a new one? I am also keeping an eye on that ebay one.
    I'd just keep watching ebay. You see them on there a lot and it's pretty easy to find ones that look like they've never been used.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.