Gas Tank Problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Gas Tank Problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm sorry, I did order the sending unit. But now just this morning with 15 gallons showing, she cut out ...
    plefe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm sorry, I did order the sending unit. But now just this morning with 15 gallons showing, she cut out on me. Starting to think it's just the fuel pump. Of course, buying the sending unit and fuel pump should get me covered. If it happens after that, tank or electrical. I had a Cadillac guy tell me today that he suspected the fuel pump. Huh!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!

Has there ever been any ride height issues associated with this fueling problem? Here's why I ask. Say you have 2 adults (300lbs) riding in the front of the car with no weight in the back, so that you initially change the ride height, and you're still having the cutting out problem. Then you head to the grocery store and add a 100lbs or so of them to the trunk. Our trip is 40 miles round trip. No cutting out whatsoever occurred on the trip home. Anyone checked this?

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I take it that the "Level Ride" is non op. because if it works that would have NO effect whatsoever.

Is that 300 pounds each or 300 pounds total? If it's the former...Them's a couple "O" big'uns. If it's the latter...Them's a couple "O" little'uns!

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    Or maybe one of both... I weigh more than double my wife, but together we're still just 330 pounds. :-)

that's 300lbs total. i'm going to pick up a sand bag and run awhile with that. am replacing the fuel pump, as everyone has suggested to me, and the fuel filter. the sending unit should be ok sense the guages (digital) works fine. i ran the a/c and the stereo on the trip into town and it starting surging and cutting out 10 miles down the road with 15 gal showing. we made it to town, bought groceries and headed back. the car ran like a champ however, we didn't run the a/c or stereo. the stereo has the power antenna.

Replaced the cam sensor and ignition module first. Sent the sending unit back and bought the right fuel pump. Problem solved. Running like a champ. Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition
    We need to start a FAQ archive to permanently save threads like this. Even if it takes three months to get a definitive answer, it can be very helpful to someone in the future.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.