bought a 1988 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, bought a 1988 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; after too many problems with the 90 that i recently got (and had to return to the dealer), i purchased ...
    r0guenj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bought a 1988 deville

after too many problems with the 90 that i recently got (and had to return to the dealer), i purchased a 88 deville w/150k miles.

the car is in great mechanical shape with minor cosmetic stuff that i can fix over the course of the time i own it if i choose to.

it has been mechanic owned for the last 5 years and the car of the mechanics sister.

i paid 1200 and the car has:

no mechanical issues that i can see (nor my brother who is more capable with cars than i am)
    sunroof
    hot heat and cold ac
    aftermarket radio
    power everything (except mirrors)
    no leaks
    tv installed into the rear compartment
    no alignment issues that i can see

flaking paint in a few places
    hubcaps and bumpers need to be cleaned/polished
    leather is worn but not ripped
    no dents/damage
    no rust that i can see at all

was this a fair price? any comments or suggestions? i can post pics when i pick it up on monday if anyone is interested. i wan't able to grab the codes before i left but there is on that shows up since the o2 sensor was replaced.

the car will pass state inspection if needed at a nj inspection station (it is already inspected to september of next year).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimsToy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: bought a 1988 deville

Blue Book is $1600.00 for a Coupe and $1700.00 for a Sedan. It sounds like a good deal to me and I would just take it to the nearest Maaco Shop and have a $250 to $500.00 paint job done. Post some pics if you can.
    Tim

r0guenj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

today looks like the nicest day i will get to take some pics.....as soon as i get home from work today, i will post them.

a little update is that the heat either isn't as hot as i thought, or the cold is just rediculous here in nj right now (although i think it is a mix of both)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

TimsToy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

May want to check the heater core. Cloged heater cores seem to be pretty common for years 88 thru 93.
    Tim

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.