Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Night Wolf 
#1 ·
How much can a 91 Fleetwood tow? (With a proper towing setup)

#2 ·
Is it the 5.0 or the 5.7?

#4 ·
Oh I thought you were talking RWD. From what I know towing is not really recommended with FWD cars. I am not sure of the exact numbers on your car however.

#8 ·
I know our '89 Brougham (Olds 307) had alot of trouble with our 1972 Shasta camper (only 16feet and weighed around 2300lbs IIRC) we had put a tranny cooler in, air shocks in the back and some other things to the car, but nothing helped (worst part was there was just too much of the trailer weight on the car, and lack of power) good rule of thumb- Olds 307 +3speed auto+ big heavy car= no performance. add in towing a trailer and you got a real slug.

the '92 could really tow 7000lbs? DAMN. reminds me of the '78 DeVille my dad used to have, pulling the 5400lbs. boat and trailer, no problem at all ('85 Bronco w/ 5.7L HO and every single heavy duty option can't match the power of the Caddy, IIRC it had the 425) but it was nearly impossible for the Caddy to pull the boat out of the water (needed the 4x4 truck)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.