Help me make my 95 deville FASTER.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Help me make my 95 deville FASTER. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I got a 95 4.9liter deville. I tried looking for some info, but haven't learned anythign yet. Are there any ...
    Silver00Spike is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help me make my 95 deville FASTER.

I got a 95 4.9liter deville. I tried looking for some info, but haven't learned anythign yet. Are there any performance upgrades for this car other than exhaust, intake, and chip? What type of engine is it, Northstar? What other cars share this engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deanstud is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    The 4.9 is a solid engine and a nice starting place for mods. It is NOT a Northstar and that may, or may not be a good thing depending on your views. I will tell you that the 4.9 is a more reliable engine but far less powerful. I'd probably just do the intake, exhaust and chip mods like you said, and see where that gets you.

tikibeast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Originally posted by deanstud
    Will this work? http://www.angelfire.com/stars/mycaddy/asg.htm
    I like it, but almost $6k?!

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I have a 1991 4.9, good power. I am disappointed that K&N does not make a performance filtercharger for our engines. I had one on my 1991 Grand Marquis and boy could it climb hills and pass other cars with it. Ralph

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    They don't make one for my car either but the one for an Impala SS is identical so that's what I used. You can do the same thing by finding a car that they DO make one for and then just adapting it to your car, or you can fabricate the ducting with PVC pipe from Home Depot and then just mount the filter on it.

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special
    They have a K&N panel filter for the '92 Seville with the 4.9L.
    Part number is 33-2086. I believe the airbox is the same size on any car with the 4.9L, but I'm not 100% certain.

mbanks21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

deville mod

I can getcha a carsound highflow cat w/o air injector shipped $220. Claims 8-10hp. email mbanks21@yahoo.com

STSFreak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I got one thing to say that will cost you about $650, and you gotta know how to use it.........NOS!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.