Cadillac Owners Forum banner
124K views 228 replies 65 participants last post by  1999fleetwood 
#1 · (Edited)
THE absolute LAST Time I am doing this!!
___________________________________.

Made by Superior Coachbuilders of 2550 Central Parkway in Lima, Ohio 45804, under CONTRACT with Cadillac Motor Division for two (2) model years, 1998 & 1999, to offset run-a-way sales of Lincoln's larger & roomier Town Car. Ths car began as a Sedan de Ville and was shipped to Superior Coachbuilders, whose MAIN BUSINESS is limousines, Livery Sedans, Flower Cars, and Hearses.

Cadillac made up a SPECIAL oprion for cars that there going to go there to be converted into FLEETWOOD LIMITEDS .... it was a "Mandatory" option, meaning you could NOT get one of these without the option, BUT this option was NOT included in the base list price! THE Option:-
Code WC7 = "WC7 Package" {It's name}
Heated Front Seats
Power Front Seats with 4-Way Lumbar Support
Electronic Compass Rear View Mirror
Theft Deterrant System
Homelink Garage Door Opener

Now, the second Cadillac-Installed Option AT the Cadillac Plant was Code WC3 = Concours Appearance Package, consisting of the Concours' Black-Out Grille with hood ornament removed and the Cadillac Wreath & Crest placed IN the grille's center (on the grille itself).

The third and FINAL option FROM Cadillac, installed ON the Assembly Line was Code U1S; that being the Trunk Mounted 12-Disc Compact Disc AutoChanger.

Now....

From Superior came the following "OPTIONS" ~~
Fender Skirts
Chrome Grille Cap (available on either Grille ~ looked terrific on Concours Grille)
Single or Dual Fold Down Rear Seat Writing Tables
Simulated Convertible Roof
Rear Seat Footrests (dual)
Full Length Padded CLOTH roof
Rosen DVD/TV Monitor Fold Down from Rear Headliner
Gold Ornamentation Pkg.

A Full Length Padded Vinyl Roof was included at no charge from Superior.

Listed as "Delayed availability" {Unknown if ANY were ever made} was a 6-Way Power Option for the rear seat. No Code & No Price ever listed.

Dealer installed options:-

Power Glass Moonroof
Hands-Free Cell Phone (G.M.)
On-Star System (G.M.)

Production:- (Most dealers number are wrong or "guesses" ~ THIS IS EXACT !!)

1998 = 314
1999 = 467
Total = 781

All exterior paint colors were available on them. Parisian Blue was the rarest, with 2 made.

PRICING:-
$ 49,330.00 = Price of Base Unit incl. a $4,000 reduction for items omitted by GM, that would be discarded by Superior anyway.

$ 00,885.00 = Destination
$ 00,727.00 = WC7
$ 00,000.00 = WC3 (No Charge)
$ 00,450.00 = Fender Skirts
$ 00,336.00 = Chrome Grille Cap
$ 00,427.00 = Single Rr. Writing Table
$ 00,848.00 = Dual Writing Tables
$ 00,425.00 = Simulated Convertible Roof
$ 00,215.00 = Rear Foot Rests (this for 2)
$ 00795.00 = Full Length Padded CLOTH Roof
$ 02,498.00 = Rosen DVD / TV Monitor
$ 00,190.00 = Gold Ornamentation Pkg.

There was no set price on the 3 dealer installed options:
Moonroof / On Star and/or Cell Phone.

COLORS:-

Mulberry 88 & 89
Silver Mist 88 Only
Moonstone 88 & 89
Baltic Blue 88 Only
Frost Beige 88 Only
Emerald Green 88 & 89
Dark Adriatic Blue 88 & 89
Cotillion White 88 & 89
Sable Black 88 & 89
Shale 88 & 89
Gold Firemist 88 & 89
Polo Green 88 & 89
Crimson Pearl 88 & 89
White Diamond 88 & 89
Sterling 89 Only
Cashmire 89 Only
Parisian Blue 89 Only

Only Cadillac Dealers across the country who were signed up for Cadillac's Limousine and Professional Car Sales Outlets were able to order & recieve these cars. The VINs on them denote that as it left Cadillac's final assembly plant that they were incomplete, not yet roadworthy cars.

The two most popular colors were Black and white, in that order. Parisian Blue of 1999 was the rarest at 2 made. One was on e-bay about 18 months ago. The owner never knew......

Some cars had custom chromed wheels and or Vogue tires. Again these were selling dealer added.

{Never again am I doing this !!} Save it, if you want it. Print it. Wallpaper your closet with it......whatever.....}

See less See more
#106 ·
#113 · (Edited)
I am the owner of a 98 Fleetwood Limited. It belonged to my father in law who purchased it brand new. He loves that car! When it reached 100,000 miles, his wife made him get rid of it. His solution was to give it to me. Nicest free car I ever had!

It looks great and runs well but I have 8 kids and this thing is not practical. Can anyone tell me where I should try selling it? It is black, has the desk in the back, fender skirts, and built in phone. There is a little rust starting to pop up but very little. I don't have the foggiest idea how to get rid of it but suspect I won't get a very good value at the dealer.

Help!

#114 ·
Ebay. These things fetch good money there because the ad gets displayed nationwide, and there are some people dying to get their hands on one of these.

#116 ·
Lookey what I found on Craigslist. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/car/734962840.html

Lots of miles but looks in good condition. Price is still a little on the high side, especially because few people know the rarity of this car.

Well, may be a little more useful now that I at least have it in the right spot.

#118 ·
No, that is not a limited. That is just a regular, RWD Fleetwood. The Limited's were only made in '98 and '99 and were called limited edition because they were not factory. It was a standard DeVille that was sent to an after market company where it was chopped and stretched.

#131 ·
In no way are these things worth as much as some people try to pass them off for though, at least not as far as I'm concerned. That one cgfisher was selling was $10,000.00 with over 150k miles AND with condition problems!! (I noticed that it has since disappeared so it either went on Ebay or someone was crazy enough to pay that much for it). A stretched Deville is a stretched Deville no matter how few exist, and I'd MUCH rather buy Elias' showcar Fleetwood for just a little more than that.

Rarity is not always rarity for a GOOD reason, reminds me a little of the housing/greed thing. Let another Caddy lover enjoy it for a good price without gouging the market and profit, but 10k when a same year Deville in similar condition is worth about 2500? In the words of the great John Stossel... Give me a break.

#134 ·
The chrome pillars look good, IMO. The full size Fleetwoods had them so why not? The portholes can be removed.

#137 ·
I know, I was not giving you are a hard time. It just kills me to see a great car destoyed by neglect (and flavor of the month "mods"). Common examples include the 300ZX Twin Turbo, GN/ T-Type Regals, etc. I really like the Limiteds, so seeing one like that is sad. Most horrific thing I ever saw here in Lansing was an 87 GNX in approx. 2002 parked on the street in the winter with salt , dents galore, and evidence of rust from prior winters. How does that happen?

#142 ·
If you look back at page 8 of this thread, you will see that no one is sharing the info on how to install the writing tables. I figure the tables are still available from Accubilt since I was able to get a couple in 2007 (or 2008) but they still sit in their boxes since I don't know how to install them (the tables don't come with instructions).

Installing the footrests would be cake because they just lay on the floor. I wouldn't suggest trying to buy any. I think they are pretty worthless and it shocks me how much Superior charged for them. My guess is they are a triangular piece of wood wrapped in carpet with velcro on one side.

KC

#140 ·
You can't find either, that is the problem. They only made like 200 of these cars and there are NO extra parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.