'98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Not quite a fleetwood limited but just as cool imo. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...13710464QQrdZ1...
    carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited

Not quite a fleetwood limited but just as cool imo.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...13710464QQrdZ1

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Medium Blue w/ lt. cashmere '99 Fleetwood Limited and 60.1k miles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hate the color, but very cool car

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Car has only 2 options: Fender Skirts and chrome grille cap. I see no other aftermarket customizer installed options, such as the rear "tables" and or TV and the other stuff. Car has the incorrect wheels. Someone grabbed the convertor custom rims. BUT, it's 1 of only 2 made in "Balboa Boue" the rarest color on these Limiteds, at only 2 made in color. (Why do you hate the color? I think it's very nice)! Car sure looks nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Car has only 2 options: Fender Skirts and chrome grille cap. I see no other aftermarket customizer installed options, such as the rear "tables" and or TV and the other stuff. Car has the incorrect wheels. Someone grabbed the convertor custom rims. BUT, it's 1 of only 2 made in "Balboa Boue" the rarest color on these Limiteds, at only 2 made in color. (Why do you hate the color? I think it's very nice)! Car sure looks nice !
    I knew it had to be rare in a shade like that

As far as me hating it, sorry, but gray-blue or any kind of light blue just ends up looking TOO "old fogey" or antique for me. Just ick...and not nearly as crisp as something like the basic, even if less rare, white or black. Basically, I just don't do blue...but, I'll admit, it is fairly nice on that car. I wonder how much it will go for...

P.S., was the Onstar (with the little pod above the mirror) a dealer-installed thing back then? Something about the pod itself looks newer, but I'm not sure.

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Isn't the pin strip an option too?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I can't believe this thread keeps going, and going, and going.....
    Why anyone would want one of these is beyond me. Expensive, ride like crap....

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Searching for the right one..

Are you sure that is Balboa Blue? I think it was Royal Blue Metallic if I am not mistaken.

1,000% positive, it's Balboa Blue, 1 of 2 made, yes thepin stripe was extra, Superior installed and the On Star was a dealer installed item in 1998/1999 as illustrated. Sorry, Kat, but I too am ga ga over these. Look at the rims,this unit was not made on the commercial chassis......better ride.

And another, this time black on black '98:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't really like Devilles that much, but the rarity (well, at least until recently, it seems) makes them pretty cool. Still wouldn't buy or drive one, but interesting to look at

Well, this one's got several "Superior" options on it:
    Chrome Grille Cap /Fender Skirts / One Rear Table / Pin Stripe

He cheapens it, however, with his word use of "TAXI" ~ probably was a
    Livery car. Allthough over the years I've seen many of these on e-bay, I have yet to see ALL Superior options, on one car! Odd, isn't it? All on one car would be:

Concours Appearance Pkg. / Some kinda roof (they offered 3 ~ Full length vinyl, Full Length cloth or Simulated Convertible ) / Chrome Grille Cap / TWO (2) Rear Tables / Rear Foot Rests / Pin Stripe / Fender Skirts / Overhead DVD player and accessories / Gold Ornamentation.

1998s were built on the commercial chassis (intented for hearses, flower cars and ambulances) and therefore were found to have a poor quality ride, as in bumpy, hard, and unforgiviing. The underpinning were so beefed up with so much heavy duty that it was much more than needed. To correct this, they built the 1989 on a stock chassis and they ride much better. I am not sure that the switch was exactly with Job 1 of the 1989 cars. To know for sure, they used different VIN prefixes. A "Heavy Duty" car will have a VIN that starts:- 1GEEH while a regular chassis will have a VIN that starts 1G6KD.
    Nicest one I ever saw is that Balboa Blue one, above. It's a 1G6KD car and the rarest color made (1 of 2). Has Skirts & nice color-keyed vinyl top, looking "Factory" rather than a tacky looking Sim-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by carmaster
    Not quite a fleetwood limited but just as cool imo.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...13710464QQrdZ1
    What's VERY different (yet correct) here is that the base car was a CONCOURS (most are base models) and being a Concours, she correctly got a black grille and her hood moutned Cadillac emblem was not installed, but rather was moved to center of grille. However, they also ordered that Night Vision and therefore the camera is mounted in the grille's center, where the wreath & crest WOULD have gone, therefore.... there is no Cadillac identification anywhere on the car's front end. This was almost a design blunder ! Never saw this combo before.

Above I called the blue Florida example "Balboa Blue" ~ that's incorrect! It's "Parisian Blue" in 1999 ! They made two. Strangely, the other one was on e-bay too, long ago. See one of my 1st posts in this thread on page one. THAT car was all seedy looking & worn out. Not the same car.

This blue on is beautiful with factory chrome rims, hood cap, full vinyl top, fender skirts and more. The other one had no visable options.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

You're right Sandy, I totally overlooked the year on it. The '99 had the standard chassis rather than the commercial one. I had to laugh, you still keep typing "89" instead of "99"!!
    BTW, the VIN difference you pointed out isn't necessarily anything "heavy-duty". That designation is just for an "incomplete vehicle". I think the '99 cars were built with the W20 Livery upgrades if memory serves.

Yes, the 99s were built with the W20 upgrade. You know the old story....."If I could only turn back the hands of time....." I'd order me a '99 With every allowed Cady option (means NO sunroof ) but in Parisian Blue, with Dk. Blue leather, Grlle Cap, Skirts, DVD, Twin Tables, Chrome Wheels, Pin Stripe, and full length matching Vinyl Top. Just like that one at Dolphion Automotive 4-sale, now, but with dark blue leather, and don't forget the footrests. It's just such a distinct car. So rare.
    I know Kat - you don't like it, but that's okay, i'd bring the Town Car to see you in, anyhow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.