'98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You know, if I could just get that larger-than-life chrome grill cap, that'd finish off my '97 SDV....
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited

You know, if I could just get that larger-than-life chrome grill cap, that'd finish off my '97 SDV.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Of all the ones that I've seen either in person, or on E-Bay, that's the first one with the optional grille cap that I've seen ON the chrome grille! I have seen 2 on units equipped with the "Concours" Pkg. featuring the black out grille and chrome Cadillac wreath & Crest in the grille's center. I like it beter with the black-out grille, than on the chrome grille.

I hear you Sandy - I bought a used '98 concours grille for my '97 SDV and then pried off the older crest/wreath emblem and epoxied the newer "Arts/Science logo into the centre portion. some people think it looks weird as I also have the newer emblem on the hood, but I don't really care - prefer the newer emblem over the older one any day - replaced all of them on my car within the first coupla months of owning it.

I plan to repaint the car sometime over the next year or so (thinking of going with a newer GM colour called "ice blue" and may even get it done in acrylic enamel as opposed to the bc/cc system - better durability) and will probably remove the hood ornamament and fill it in but for the time being, it is what it is,,,,,

That crashing sound I just heard I think was originality falling outta the 3rd floor window!

Yes, horrible sound, isn't it? Actiually, I saved my originality-anal-retentativeness for my 1972 Mustang coupe with 39,740 original miles (photos attached) - that one is bone stock.

But for this '97 Caddy, I want to have a bit of fun and set it up the way I know I''ll enjoy it - and if that means re-jigging some of the General's thoughts and ideas, then so be it.

Whoa....... More pics of 150-JAR ! She looks like a beauty queen. Beau T FULL !!! Bet, like me, you're afraid to drive it out on the public roads with the doe does out there!

Yes Sandy, she does major duty holding down the floor of my garage in the pleasant months, then takes on the challenge of holding down another piece of concrete in a heated/secure facility at the edge of town during the nasty climes. She gets maybe 250-500 miles/year passing under her flanks, and that's on a good season.

That license plate is prophetic in that when I bought her from the original owner on July 1st, 1989 and whom I had known since he brought the car home August 25, 1971, he sold this car to me for,,,,,,,,,,,are you ready for this?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$200 bucks, or roughly the cost of 150 JARS of beer at my favorite watering hole. Mind you, I put a Hell of alot into her to bring her back to her current state of glory, but back then, $200 bucks was unheard of. $2,000 bucks maybe, but $200? Never. But, it did.

That license plate was not a vanity plate, nor ordered especially for me - it was just picked from the pile by the lady behind the counter.

DTLayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sandy:

I have a question about the Fleetwood limited. Did it have a longer wheelbase than a standard DeVille in 1998 and 1999? I am almost 6' 10" and I would track one of these cars down if they were longer than a regular deVille.

kcclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Two '99 Fleetwood Limiteds + '98 6-door limo

Post Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited

Quote Originally Posted by DTLayne
    Sandy:

I have a question about the Fleetwood limited. Did it have a longer wheelbase than a standard DeVille in 1998 and 1999? I am almost 6' 10" and I would track one of these cars down if they were longer than a regular deVille.
    I'm curious. What does your height have to do with how long the wheelbase is?

I'd say the wheelbase has to be longer since the rear wheel well is obviously farther behind the rear doors than on a DeVille (as my son says, the FL has an "extra piece" between the rear door and the rear wheel well).

For the record, I'm 6'8". I bought a couple Fleetwood Limiteds so the person who sits behind me (my daughter) has legroom.

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by kcclark
    I'm curious. What does your height have to do with how long the wheelbase is?
    Leg room?

Yes, it's longer, but all the add'l. interior room is in the rear. Legroom in the front remains the same as a regular DeVille.

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

BUt like he said, it gives the person behind him more legroom when he has his seat further back.

GenrlRodes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1965 FWD 60S ~ 08 DTS 1-SE

February 6, 2006 There is a 1998 Fleetwood Limited on ebay...Dark blue in color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...QQcmdZViewItem

Just 3 options:

Twin rear tables
    Pin Stripes
    Fender Skirts.

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I bid on it, lets see what happens.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.