'98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by mccombie_5 Im not sure how it was done, i do know that it was already stretched when ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited

Quote Originally Posted by mccombie_5
    Im not sure how it was done, i do know that it was already stretched when it arrived in the UK, i also know that he bought two Lincolns that are the same. One he kept as a standard wheelbase for use as a discreet limousine, and he had one "super stretched" This, as far as i can see is a good quality conversion. I havent looked closely, but it semms to have been done well,
    I am unsure of how the other cars were converted, but they are all "executive" series cars.
    I doubt he would risk his business on buying a poorly converted and unsafe car though....
    Unfortunately, most customers have no clue about the quality or safety of their cars. Even fewer customers of the services that buy these cars from lesser quality coachbuilders have a clue about the cars they are paying to ride in.
    Do you know what the name of the coachbuilder is? I can probably tell you a little about them.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

No, no, no, guys - my '97 Deville is just that - a Deville - no Fleetwood.

However, the car was taken to Coachbuilders Limousine in Florida, before final delivery to the dealer (Port Ritchie, Coastal Cadillac). It has all the heavy duty accoutrements that you already mentioned, but also has regular 5 bolt wheels.

Once again, my '97 is NOT a Fleetwood

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Okay, I know that company. They do nice work. They are the company that makes all of those custom convertibles, Edorados and 4-Dr '05 de Villes. The difference is this:

The cars we are speaking of were made BY Cadillac to certain specs., and then sent to Cadillac's personal aftermarket convertor, Superior .... which did
    the work and returned the car TO Cadillac for their final inspection and then shipped it. Everything incl. the conversion is warranteed BY Cadillac. As far as the ultimate consumer is concerned, it's all Cadillac and nobody else was ever involved.

Cadillac has their people at Superior all the time as Superior makes trhe hearses, flower cars, and the
    corporate limousines.

Whew, thanks for clearing that up.

The car was ordered with all these extras (incl leather interior, the build sheet spec'd cloth!), then refused by the original purchaser, at the last minute - the car sat on their lot from April/97 'til October/97 when it was finally bought by the next guy - I bought it from him July/04 when he drove up to Ottawa and traded it in for a Buick Rainier up here in Canada - then he turned around and drove back to Florida in the buick - curious, non?

But I gotta say, this car has it's share of of oddities, mostly pointed out to me by the dealerships up here. I can't tell you how many times I've been told "American caddy, eh? Well, it's different than the ones we sell here"
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Unfortunately, most customers have no clue about the quality or safety of their cars. Even fewer customers of the services that buy these cars from lesser quality coachbuilders have a clue about the cars they are paying to ride in.
    Do you know what the name of the coachbuilder is? I can probably tell you a little about them.
    Well this may be, but i seriously doubt that he would risk anything on this. I cannot remember the name of the coachworks he used, I'll ask when i next see him, but he used to convert cars in the UK himself, he used to own a coachbuilding 'shop. In 1964 he did some work on a Damiler for a customer, and the customers business went bust, so he took the car itself as payment for the work he carried out, he began to drive the car and made as much and at one point more than he was converting cars, so he became a full limousine company in 1972, offering no bodywork or repairs. From then the business expanded and he is where he is now, he personally flew out to America ( I THINK it was a dealership in Florida that he bought the two Lincolns from, so he probably used a coachbuilder there) and dealt with the whole thing himself, which he doesnt normally do.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    No, no, no, guys - my '97 Deville is just that - a Deville - no Fleetwood.
    However, the car was taken to Coachbuilders Limousine in Florida, before final delivery to the dealer (Port Ritchie, Coastal Cadillac). It has all the heavy duty accoutrements that you already mentioned, but also has regular 5 bolt wheels.
    Once again, my '97 is NOT a Fleetwood
    I think you'll find that the car is just a standard Deville. Do you have a picture of the SPID label? It would be a snap to tell you what the car has if we could see the label.
    Also, do you have any info on "Coachbuilder's Limousine"? That name doesn't ring a bell. There are a lot of little customizers around the country that do custom conversions. I've seen a few in Florida that specialize in top-end cars like Cadillacs. Some do decent work, some don't. All in all, I would say that if you want a Cadillac or Lincoln customized, I'd stay with a coachbuilder that is certifed by the OEM. It's your best shot at getting a good car.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Found one...

http://modesto.craigslist.org/car/112709782.html

I can tell you, it sucks to try to find anything on the net for these! Darn RV company!!!

This one has "lighted tables in rear", interesting!

Or an armored 99 Fleetwood....
    http://www.lascointl.com/vehicles/99fleetwood.htm

Is the "Ram Bumpers" std on armored cars? What exactly are they? Solid OEM bumpers? Can you tell by looking?

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Nice! DUAL tables & Footrests & skirts !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I have to admit, if I ever get tired of my 94 Fleetwood, I might consider trying to dig up one of these 98-99 Fleetwoods! They are interesting!

Now, if it was only V8 RWD with an 6.0L LQ9 with a 4L65E....

Well, you never know, Christmas is coming and the fat man is listening,,,

90devilleguy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS & 1962 Coupe Deville

there is this guy in my town that has a fleetwood limited and its pearl white color and i think it's a beutiful car, i'd die to get one but i'm still on the look out for a 99 deville in pearl white, cause that's one of my goal cadillacs.

i was looking at the guys fleetwood about a month ago cause he goes to my friends shop to get fixed, he has a florida plate and he does have vogue tires on this baby.

this thing looks sick.

I hear you re: those Vogues, big-guy. I have a set of fender skirts being painted up and plan to install them in the Spring on my '97 SDV, and if I'm in a position to afford them, I'll also be putting on the mustard 'n mayos,,,,,,along with a set of their "stardust" 17 inch rims.

you want to talk about "sick"..........
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

Time to trade in your 60?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy

CaseyC1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

There happens to be a black one on eBay right now. Just do a search on "Fleetwood Limited". It's at 5600 bucks right now, but the reserve has not been met.

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.