'98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I never said it was perfect, just that I found one....
    dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: '98 & '99 Fleetwood Limited

I never said it was perfect, just that I found one.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post

I know, I was not giving you are a hard time. It just kills me to see a great car destoyed by neglect (and flavor of the month "mods"). Common examples include the 300ZX Twin Turbo, GN/ T-Type Regals, etc. I really like the Limiteds, so seeing one like that is sad. Most horrific thing I ever saw here in Lansing was an 87 GNX in approx. 2002 parked on the street in the winter with salt , dents galore, and evidence of rust from prior winters. How does that happen?

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by dirt_cheap_fleetwood View Post
    No animosity toward you, just the idiot who made the ad.

rp0420 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 cadillac deville

Deos anyone know how hard it would be to install the rear writing tables or footrests in a 94 deville? and also where i could find either?

You can't find either, that is the problem. They only made like 200 of these cars and there are NO extra parts.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Got any good picts of them?

kcclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Two '99 Fleetwood Limiteds + '98 6-door limo

Quote Originally Posted by rp0420 View Post
    Deos anyone know how hard it would be to install the rear writing tables or footrests in a 94 deville? and also where i could find either?
    If you look back at page 8 of this thread, you will see that no one is sharing the info on how to install the writing tables. I figure the tables are still available from Accubilt since I was able to get a couple in 2007 (or 2008) but they still sit in their boxes since I don't know how to install them (the tables don't come with instructions).

Installing the footrests would be cake because they just lay on the floor. I wouldn't suggest trying to buy any. I think they are pretty worthless and it shocks me how much Superior charged for them. My guess is they are a triangular piece of wood wrapped in carpet with velcro on one side.

KC

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I think the writing tables are cool. There's got to be a guide SOMEWHERE on the internet about it. Maybe not Cadillac-specific, but I'm sure they go on the seats the same way?

These were not made by Cadillac, they were made by an aftermarket limo company that stretched them out. NO company like that will post info that lucrative because they spent all the time researching how to do it themselves, they won't just turn that over to a competitor.

Found another for sale and its going for a steal of a deal, if the HG are good. Sounds like they are though. http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1335068214.html

Phrede is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 XLR-V

Thumbs down Can you help the newbie?

Greetings all from the newbie.

I have a need for a large good riding vehicle and of course you can see what has come to my mind. I am generally performance oriented and this is a bit of a switch for me. I have even thought about an engine swap if needed. The general use will be transporting my elderly parents to/from doctor, etc. so the added rear room of a limited will be nice.

I have a number of immediate options available to me. One is a '98 limited -- Superior. It has been repainted (1st class) with a new sunroof and roof vinyl. 86k miles on the original engine.

Since I am new I have lot's of questions.

If the ride on the '98 is too harsh can anything be done to make it ride more like a '99 or better?

When did HID lighting first appear? This is very desirable for me.and will be retrofitted if needed.

What are the weak spots to look for? This one has " a need for an A/C charge" However the current owner did not know if the compressor was coming on, only that there was no cold coming out. hmmm!

Where can I find what was standard equipment? I read the first post, but am curious about other things.

What is the HP/Torque on the 4.6L used here. OK, I am being lazy with this one. Tell me to go look it up.

I am thinking that a well maintained drive train with 85k miles on it should have a few more miles in her until rebuild/swap.

I am afraid I may have a problem with this owner with the price $6500, he thinks of it as an investment car. While the numbers may match, I can't think of this car that way. There are too many changes. Paint, shaved trunk lock, new sunroof, new roof cover, '08 fender vents. All of this has been done correctly but I feel it takes away from its collectable value. Do you have an idea of its fair value? New tires and A/C are all that's needed before I see it on the 6th.

I have found a good looking '96 DeVille with 160kmiles for $2000 and a '00 with 116k that needs a new engine (or head gasket) for $1000. Anyone loaded a crate engine or other performance modded mill into these? will the tranny take it? I can do the mechanical work no problem.

I really do appreciate all opinions Thanks in advance.

kcclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Two '99 Fleetwood Limiteds + '98 6-door limo

Re: Can you help the newbie?

Quote Originally Posted by Phrede View Post
    If the ride on the '98 is too harsh can anything be done to make it ride more like a '99 or better?
    Cannot say I ever noticed a ride quality difference between my '98 and my '99s (one of my '99s has the non-commerical chasis).

What are the weak spots to look for?
    Bought my first '99 with 75k on it. It is now in the low 90s. First I had to replace the tranny. And then the rear head gasket went. Car has been sitting since early 2006. Got me another with 39k on it and life has been much smoother.

What is the HP/Torque on the 4.6L used here.
    275hp off the top of my head. Don't know the torque number.

Anyone loaded a crate engine or other performance modded mill into these?
    GM came out with a new engine for these maybe 2 years ago. Supposedly solves the head gasket problem. I think they were $5k. There is a thread about it in the DeVille section. I don't believe the engine is a performance upgrade.

Something you might want to consider is looking for a used limo. I have found it is easier to find ones with low miles when compared to Fleetwood Limiteds. Last year, I was able to get a '98 6-door with 43k for $5900. To me, low miles are the key with these cars. My 75k and 160k cars quickly turned into money pits.

KC

sinister1st is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood , 95 fleetwood

First time I have seen one of these for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Looks like 2 much flake in that paint for my taste.

The paint and the grille look like shit.

8.2liter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 DES yes DES

A substitute/upgrade for a Limited is a DES. This is a DHS stretched 6" by Accubuilt in Ohio. Google their website and you can see all the options that were available. They made these from 2000 to at least 2003. I test drove a '99 Limited and there is no comparison to a 2000+. Check ebay for a DES, that's where I bought my 2003 DES. And for the owners looking for tables - contact Accubuilt directly or write me and I can get you specs or pictures.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.