Cadillac Owners Forum banner

windows tilting while operating

721 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  devill 
#1 ·
on my 92 deville the power windows have plastic clips on the rear of the windows they keep popping out looks straight forward to fix however guy at oreilys gave me the deer in headlights look when i went to buy replacements. what are these clips called or is there another reason why the rear of the windows keep popping out

#5 ·
These what you are talking about? They sandwich your window and lock together through a hole in the glass in the window near the top corner, they keep your window rididng correctly within the groove of the window, otherwise the glass can tilt, fall, etc. They're labeled as window guides made by Dorman, its a variety pack with a few slightly different types, supposed to fit "many GM models 1980-!996". I had them break in my 89 deville and I found these at autozone, never did install them yet because I am not looking forward to taking the whole door panel off and apart and do not have any spare clips to put back in when some inevitably break. Definitely seems straight forward though, decent breakdown of taking door panel apart in haynes manual or factory service manual. View attachment 229282 View attachment 229290 View attachment 229298

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.