Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Vogues for 50 bucks

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  basscatt 
#1 ·
No I'm not selling them for 50, lol, that's how much I snagged 2 vogue tires for ,$50... I know I've seen the post about how bout they ride n are way too ovetpriced, but a $210 for 25, don't mind if I do, lol! Tires are in very good condition, I'm assuming the deville had other troubles that they gave up on before taking it to the yard... I tried expressing my joy to the misses on the steal I got, but she wasn't on the same page, lol ... So I figured ya would(well maybe some, lol)

#5 ·
I think the vogues look great on older cars from the 70's and 80's especially with wire wheels or spoke rims. White wall tires just look out of place on modern cars which have no style or character, just bland boring appliances. Most of those older cars don't look right without whitewalls were there.
Well said and if it would please the court...

The only known pic I have of this car, my 85 SDV. This pic was taken in 99 and is a blowup of a corner of a much bigger pic:crying2:...but the whitewalls...oh yeah:cool2: I think I have to poll the family for pics of my car since it was the "Wedding Chariot" when my sister got married in 00. Who knows?

J.R.

#6 ·
I love them! I cant help it.... I agree that they look best on cadillacs 93 and older, I think they look okay on certain newer models. Would never put them on a cts or an sts (especially with those stock sts 7 spoke wheels I hate so much!) but I think they look okay on some newer devilles or sts/sls models depeinding on which wheels. Here is a terrible photo of my 2005 Deville DHS with stock cadillac premium 16's on vogues View attachment 228066

#7 ·
basscatt said:
unlike Ranger - I wouldn't want them for FREE - crappy tire - and I HATE the look - I gotta agree with your misses -
Oh come on basscatt... Don't do that... It's just something bout that gold strip that does it for me lol... I'll have to see there tires compare to my Michelin symmetry tires that I have on now!

----------

Ranger said:
Hell, for that price even I would run a set of Vogues. :thumbsup:
That's how I feel lol

#8 ·
Oh come on basscatt... Don't do that... It's just something bout that gold strip that does it for me lol... I'll have to see there tires compare to my Michelin symmetry tires that I have on now!
----------------------------------------
It's just something bout that gold strip that does it for me lol

here is what vogue tires remind me of -

a woman who goes out and buys a VERY EXPENSIVE pair of fancy high heel shoes -
that are the most uncomfortable - can't walk in them - but SHE thinks they LOOK GOOD -

#12 ·
============================
YES -
vogue uses a very hard rubber -

that hard rubber transfers vibrations into the car - making for a hard/noisy ride -

they absolutely SUCK on wet pavement - ice - and snow -

they are VERY susceptible to dry cracking -
within the tread - and just beyond the white/yellow sidewalls -

not to mention they are a LOT more expensive
than almost any other quality tire -

------------------------

the ONLY thing vogue offers over any other tire is the cosmetics -
assuming you actually like the white/yellow walls -

----------------------

take ANY car rolling on vogues -
switch the tires to ANY QUALITY tire -
and even the most diehard vogue fan will have to admit - (providing they are HONEST) -
the ride - handling - noise level - etc -
is much better with the non-vogues -

I formed my opinion based on 30+ years of automotive/tire experience -
and YES - we could get vogue tires -

#14 ·
basscatt said:
============================ YES - vogue uses a very hard rubber - that hard rubber transfers vibrations into the car - making for a hard/noisy ride - they absolutely SUCK on wet pavement - ice - and snow - they are VERY susceptible to dry cracking - within the tread - and just beyond the white/yellow sidewalls - not to mention they are a LOT more expensive than almost any other quality tire - ------------------------ the ONLY thing vogue offers over any other tire is the cosmetics - assuming you actually like the white/yellow walls - ---------------------- take ANY car rolling on vogues - switch the tires to ANY QUALITY tire - and even the most diehard vogue fan will have to admit - (providing they are HONEST) - the ride - handling - noise level - etc - is much better with the non-vogues - I formed my opinion based on 30+ years of automotive/tire experience - and YES - we could get vogue tires -
I'll guess I'll have to check it out myself as far as this rough ride... I was planning on switchin bk to my Michelin symmetry n the winter

#18 ·
Here you go. No need to go through all the trouble to register for no other reason than to exhume a decayed 9yo corpse of a thread:
Light Automotive tire Tire Tread Font

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.