Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Engine oil cooler hoses

973 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  98eldo32v 
#1 ·
Anyone got a good/reliable connection for engine oil cooler hoses?

#5 ·
These hoses are discontinued & no dealers have them, Most online stores don't either.

The rubber section is leaking. My tranny cooler hoses had the same issue, Hudson gm in silverthorne co. has a rehosing machine & they rehosed them before I drove to Cali over a year ago. The told me they suggest the engine oil hoses as well, but that the tranny lines were really bad & insisted those needed to be done right away.

My entire engine was resealed & doesn't leak a drop. The rubber sections is leaking where they connect to the hard pipe.

The thing is it's a hassle to go to my tech, have him take them off, ship or drive them to a "hoser", wait till the hoses are done & returned, get them on.

I am looking for a rehosed set or possibly (shot in the dark) an unused pair so I can just get the car up & put them on, & be on the road in an hour or so.

Thanks for the replies.

#10 ·
Hah, thanks but - no thanks! Those lines are totally different . I need the RUBBER section - both of them. One glance & I can see that all the hoses on that ebay page are not right. One is almost twice as long as the other. Trust - before posting on this forum I spent hours looking online at ebay etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.