Hello all, I currently own a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS (I know this thread is for 2006-2012) but I really need an answer. For a while now, after reaching so many miles of driving, my service engine light kicks on. And all of the times it says its a P0442 code, or a small EVAP leak. I've gone through a number of repairs and replacements to try and fix the problem but it keeps coming back on. Here's what I've had done since it first started:
- Replaced the fuel filler cap.
- Replaced the pressure sensor on top of the gas tank.
- Smoke tested twice with no visible evidence of a leak, not in the canister or hoses.
- Something in a loop that's suppose to open/close regarding fuel (if I heard my mechanic right, he says that's working right)
- No leaks from fuels lines or fuel tank or anything else.
Is there anything else that keeps triggering this code? Something I may be overlooking perhaps?
Thank you for any help.