Info on 91-93 CCR suspension
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Info on 91-93 CCR suspension in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just found out a little info on the CCR (computer command ride) suspension, well I had a bad airstrut ...
    CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

Info on 91-93 CCR suspension

I just found out a little info on the CCR (computer command ride) suspension, well I had a bad airstrut on my 93 deville, so I had to replace them, well when I picked up the struts from the autoparts, I told them that it had the air adjust and CCR suspension, they gave me the struts and I got the old strut out and found that they two were different. The new ones didnt have the connector in the top shaft of the strut for the CCR hook up. So I called the parts store and brought the new ones back, then went to NAPA they said they had the exact one I needed. When I got there, they were wrong too, the guy showed me the part number and it matched. The strange thing was, was that all of the struts even the ones without CCR suspension had the same part number. So, I told the guy forget it and I would call Cadillac and figure this out. So later on I called Cadillac and they told me that they don't make a strut for CCR suspension anymore! I asked why, and he said that when the price topped out at 600 bucks EACH, they took them out of production. He said his service department just uses regular air ride struts and leaves the CCR connectors off. I asked him if it would screw up the ride, and he said no, it might trigger a service CCR light but they know how to disconnect it, mine never came on. I have put a few miles on the car since the job, and so far so good. My CCR didnt work right anyway, it wouldnt tighten up untill about 85 or so, what good is that? Its supposed to start changing at over 40 and mine wasnt at all. Just a little info for you folks out there if you are pulling your hair out trying to find those struts

Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: Info on 91-93 CCR suspension

yeah, the struts are a crazy price.....

..... I personally like it, it tightens up the car around turns and under heavy accel and braking etc... but remains very nice when crusing.... although they are crazy to replace, I have heard of people just using regular air shocks (so you still have level ride control) and having good luck...... kind of a shame to ruin a nice feature, but what else are ya gonna do?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.