2002 DHS P 0410 and high idle up to 3000 rpm
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2002 DHS P 0410 and high idle up to 3000 rpm in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2002 deville dhs 110000 miles just changed the air control valve and TPS (which was not easy ...
    Blotto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2002 DHS P 0410 and high idle up to 3000 rpm

I have a 2002 deville dhs 110000 miles just changed the air control valve and TPS (which was not easy due to brackets in the way) andway I get a P0410 code and when I clear it it stays off and then comes back on maybe a day later...and as I was stopped in a parking lot in park the car simply jumped up to 3000 rpm throwing no codes...I turned the car off and restarted it and it was back to around 680rpm...and it also seems not to decellrate well the rpm seems to stay steady even though I took foot off pedal...but when breaking it seems to calm down to around 680..i have a scanner tool and the only code it throws is the P0410 ..seems the vacumme lines are OK m at a loss..if you can help please do thank you steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2002 deville DHS P0410 and high idle up to 3000 rpm

What does P0410 mean?

When was the TB last cleaned?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I think it's an A.I.R. System code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blotto
    just changed the air control valve
    A.I.R. Valve or IAC?

it was my bad I replaced the IAC not the air valve...and I cleaned the TB last weak...it was not real dirty but in need of cleaning...cleaned it while on the car...im thinking its the Intake boot...I tried spraying starter fluid but no result of higher rpm but ill try again...it also after about 12 hrs threw the po410 code...I may just have to pull the intake cover and just eat the time if its not the boot....ALSO...if there is only one air pump relay on the rt back fire wall does that mean there is only one Air Pump (smog pump) its possiable this is not working but I cant tell just yet the vacuum sound does not seem to be there at cold start up ..still only code is the P0410 code and no more..thank you steve....

----------

P0410 secondary air injection system AIR system
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    What does P0410 mean?

When was the TB last cleaned? Cleaned last week....apr 3 2014 I think//.....

----------

IAC was replaced NOT the valves..
    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    I think it's an A.I.R. System code.
    A.I.R. Valve or IAC?

A ripped plenum duct will set a P0171 & P0174 code. Flex it near the bottom while spraying to check it.

P0410 refers to the AIR pump or the check valve.
    http://www.obd-codes.com/p0410

So far no codes except the P0410...the high random rpm in park bothers me it went from a normal 670 or so to 3000..just sitting in a parking lot...im more wprried about that I am clueless about it really maybe the tps got stuck?..though it shows working fine on the scanner pids...thanks for your input..

Re: 2002 DHS P 0410 and high idle up to 3000 rpm

That RPM jump almost has to be the IAC valve or the TPS. I can't imagine anything else that would cause that.

I have to agree with you..i will take a look at this again and reinstall the new parts..and just eat it and replace the air pump and then see what happens and check the plenum and air intake ..all again..and vacuume hoses.does anyone know if the vacuum hoses are 5/32 hoses of 7/32 hoses or does it matter.....according to the dealership sewell no parts dept has them stocked but thy can order them 25 bucks a piece for like 8 of them it think lol.....thanks for posting Blotto

Just measure your hoses or take one with you. You can buy vacuum hose by the foot from any parts store (MUCH cheaper than that).

bought vacuum hose 5/32 from ebay 21 bucks 50ft roll........also bought a air pump at RA 131.00 with 5% discount...so ill install this see if I can get rid of the code..and see what happens..i sure hope its not the air check valves 150 each and there are two ..thank you blotto

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Why on earth did you need a 50 FT roll of vacuum hose??

That should last 2 or 3 lifetimes.

well I have other uses and it was like 5 bucks more then what I needed..(smile) besides the may be a shortage some day...lol blotto

----------

well I hope I live that long...lol blotto

OK replaced the smog pump air pump and inspected the vac hoses code has not reset yet after about 150 miles of normal driving I installed the new air pump hose as per gm's advice..this ar has only 1 air pump instead of 2..so all seems to be well....the next issue is the decellaration the car does not decelerate like it should take the foot off and it keeps a higher rpm then needed when you break it seems to slow down its weird..i replaced the tps and the iac another hunt....and it seems to me the ignition and firing is not as good as it should be both ignition moduals were replaced at difffrent times some time ago...I may pull all that and change the spark plugs the springs and see if that helps getting that rear air valve off is a problem..jezz who engineers cars anyway bucket of bolts....THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLYING IT HELPS ALOT...Blotto

So you cleaned the TB, replaced the TPS and IAC valve, replaced bad vacuum lines and it still idles high? Have you checked for a ripped plenum duct? That should set a P0171 & P0174 code though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.