cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hi guys i hope i put this in the right section. well i have a 2003 deville base. 133k ive ...
    snowball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville base

cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not

hi guys i hope i put this in the right section. well i have a 2003 deville base. 133k ive only owned it for around 3 weeks it was quiet as a mouse and started and ran great. then it just wouldnt start no crank at all dash lights would go out and service engine light and batt would stay on when i tried to start only click under seat. "luckly i was home" after reading all over this site i cleaned all grounds and connections, tried jumping at front and rear also jumped my ground from terminal to engine still nothing so the battery tested bad and i bought one still nothing i read here that new batteries can be bad so i tried jumping nothing charged nothing. 12.5 volts at front 1-2 ohms resistense from engine to batt ground. tracked down the purple wire to test for voltage then it just started ...so i drove it a mile or 2 "drove fine" to pull codes then i got home shut it off and cannot access obd here are the codes i pulled befor i got it running. ddm b3832, ipm b0429, rfa c0750 c0755 c0760, c0765, rim c0660. ive only put 200 miles or so on the car but it was very nice. i pulled the 2 under hood fuses pcm batt, and pcm ign. also unhoked negative battery term. it started only twice since the lucky start but cannot get into obd. im lost

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: cannot pull obd3 codes know how but car will not

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    hi guys i hope i put this in the right section. well i have a 2003 deville base. 133k ive only owned it for around 3 weeks it was quiet as a mouse and started and ran great. then it just wouldnt start no crank at all dash lights would go out and service engine light and batt would stay on when i tried to start only click under seat. "luckly i was home" after reading all over this site i cleaned all grounds and connections, tried jumping at front and rear also jumped my ground from terminal to engine still nothing so the battery tested bad and i bought one still nothing i read here that new batteries can be bad so i tried jumping nothing charged nothing. 12.5 volts at front 1-2 ohms resistense from engine to batt ground. tracked down the purple wire to test for voltage then it just started ...so i drove it a mile or 2 "drove fine" to pull codes then i got home shut it off and cannot access obd here are the codes i pulled befor i got it running. ddm b3832, ipm b0429, rfa c0750 c0755 c0760, c0765, rim c0660. ive only put 200 miles or so on the car but it was very nice. i pulled the 2 under hood fuses pcm batt, and pcm ign. also unhoked negative battery term. it started only twice since the lucky start but cannot get into obd. im lost
    =====================

codes are meaningless without their definitions -
    there are literally thousands of them -
    and no one has them all memorized -

code definitions can be found here:
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/dtccode.html

oh - our cars are all OBD2 - not 3 -

ty i will go there and post the meanings also i did not know our cars was obd2 my key says pk3 and i was confused also i didint know if this is helpful but the buttons on the left and right will not work cant change from mph to kph, airbag light is on and the car says it has no gas now but it does.

----------

B3832 - Window Position Sensor Circuit
    B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance - maybe the problem with the starting?
    C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low
    P0750 - Shift Solenoid A Malfunction
    P0755 - Shift Solenoid B Malfunction
    P0760 - Shift Solenoid C Malfunction
    P0765 - Shift Solenoid D Malfunction

ty for that soo much that is most helpful hopefully after reading that the obd maybe will start working and recording after i can actually start and drive the car ffor a few days if i will never be able to access them again but if i cant can some maybe tell me what this means im hoping that i can fix that stuff and get the airbag light out also the mirror has a red light on. ty figured thats cause the gas or something telling them its broke.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not

PassKey3 system (anti-theft) has nothing to do with OnBoardDiagnostics2 - except that they "talk" to each other.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Shift solenoid A, B, C & D? The 4T80E only has 2.
    Attached Images

ty you guys for all the help i am going to replace some ground straps and have the battery retested today the pk3 system seems to work it reads the key i believe or at least the security light goes out, do you think i should replace the grounds and starter if needed the drive it. is there a sensor in common then would cause the shift malfuction codes? is this ever a problem not being able to hold the buttons to pull codes. is there a fix also is there a reason it would say i have no gas. Thank you guys so much , Shawn

----------

bad trans ground maybe?

ty i will go there and post the meanings also i did not know our cars was obd2 my key says pk3 and i was confused also i didint know if this is helpful but the buttons on the left and right will not work cant change from mph to kph, airbag light is on and the car says it has no gas now but it does.

----------

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance - maybe the problem with the starting?
    C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low

ty for that soo much that is most helpful hopefully after reading that the obd maybe will start working and recording after i can actually start and drive the car ffor a few days if i will never be able to access them again but if i cant can some maybe tell me what this means im hoping that i can fix that stuff and get the airbag light out also the mirror has a red light on. ty figured thats cause the gas or something telling them its broke.
    ------------------------------------------
    help us help you -

which is it -

in your first post you list codes -

c0750 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    c0755 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    c0760 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    c0765 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    ==================

and now you list them as -

SO - WHICH IS IT?

im sorry it is the tire pressure codes c not p ty for your help, i am trying. this is still new to me, but tons of info and i just keep reading and working on the car. i am replacing the engine ground and clean all points i can find where harnesses bolt to body there is minor oxidation. had battery retested under load still tested good.

ok guys ran a ground from the strut to the retaining bolt where the under hood negative jump point is and boom started. drove it to the parts store had the alt tested on car tested good had the started can remember numbers but its bad. replacing tomorrow if its nice. drove the car hard and hit 3-4 wot here are the codes

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance
    C0750 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    C0755 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    C0760 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting
    C0765 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system sensor not transmitting

the starter is bad or the purple wire is loose or broke either way so i have to fix the problem therefore i will just change the starter and check for resistance on the wire. now that all of that is close to being sorted out. the left rear window will not go up or down from backseat or driver control. and is there a sensor to replace to make the tire pressure codes go away they are stock rims. is there a sensor or ground in common. the red light is on on my rear view also.. Thank you in advance for help. and the info ive learned from this site hopefully this thread will help the no start no cranks. i think alot of them can be solved with engine to chassis ground strap.

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

HMMMMM,

Do you have digital dash in that base deville, or do you have the analog cluster (needles that sweep across the gauges)?

all digital everything is working correctly now except 2 of the buttons on both sides of display lost their backlights never had, well not since ive owned the car. going to put a n new starter, intake gasket tomorrow and front valve cover gasket tomorrow " mat or may not be bad ill clean it first but the block was near greasy its super clean i have setof dts blades for it seems to be running nice. order some replacement misc dash and radio buttons and it should be pretty good knock on wood. i do have 2 question? will any or all of the codes above cause check engine light im not sure if mine is on just the batt light i think. also as far as the tire pressure codes after i put the blades on it how do i fix the tire pressure codes i would like to fixe the few codes i have therfore i can fix stuff as or before it brakes.

----------

did you happen to have a question im hoping to help someone. im no mechanic but i read alot and the stuff these guys know how to fix blew my mind

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

The tire pressure codes are looking for tpm sensors.

I don't know if the base deville every came with them.

I know the analog cluster has the option for them but I never knew if the digital cluster had it also.

The tire pressure monitor system works through the keyless entry system.

ty if i find a answer or if someone else has a base with all digtal dash and has or had tire pressure codes and warning message please post even if you didnt ever fix it. and if the base didnt come with them should the dts wheels have them and if so can they be hooked up are they expensive to replace im assuming some are broken if they break easy, do they.

----------

the key fob works does that help us

----------

RFA C0750 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Sensor Not Transmitting
    RFA C0755 - ""
    RFA C0760 - ""
    RFA C0765 - ""
    Your tire pressure monitoring module is not receiving recognized signals from the sensors mounted inside the wheels. Most likely is that the cars battery went dead or was replaced and the module "forgot" the transmitter's id numbers. Go to a competent (big) tire shop or dealer service dept. and see if relearning the system fixes the codes and allows the TPMS to work properly again. If you have aftermarket or not original to your car OEM wheels then your sensors are long gone. I suppose it's possible that if you do have the original wheels the battery's in the transmitting pressure sensors are all dead. If the tire shop can't get them to activate and verifys they are indeed still there that's most likely.
    i found this posted by manic mechanic in a diffrent thread

all digital everything is working correctly now except 2 of the buttons on both sides of display lost their backlights never had, well not since ive owned the car. going to put a n new starter, intake gasket tomorrow and front valve cover gasket tomorrow " mat or may not be bad ill clean it first but the block was near greasy its super clean i have setof dts blades for it seems to be running nice. order some replacement misc dash and radio buttons and it should be pretty good knock on wood. i do have 2 question? will any or all of the codes above cause check engine light im not sure if mine is on just the batt light i think. also as far as the tire pressure codes after i put the blades on it how do i fix the tire pressure codes i would like to fixe the few codes i have therfore i can fix stuff as or before it brakes.

----------

did you happen to have a question im hoping to help someone. im no mechanic but i read alot and the stuff these guys know how to fix blew my mind
    =========================
    2 of the buttons on both sides of display lost their backlights
    you must remove the dash pad to gain access to those switches -

-------------

will any or all of the codes above cause check engine light
    no - only "P" - emissions-related codes -
    will illuminate the Service Engine Soon light -

------------------

how do i fix the tire pressure codes
    assuming your car originally came with the TPMS option -
    two choices -
    buy 4 tire pressure monitors -
    install them in your 4 wheels -
    match them to your car
    OR -
    go to the dealer have them connect a TECH2 scanner -
    and remove that option RPO code from your cluster -

----------

ty if i find a answer or if someone else has a base with all digtal dash and has or had tire pressure codes and warning message please post even if you didnt ever fix it. and if the base didnt come with them should the dts wheels have them and if so can they be hooked up are they expensive to replace im assuming some are broken if they break easy, do they.

----------

----------

RFA C0750 - Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Sensor Not Transmitting
    RFA C0755 - ""
    RFA C0760 - ""
    RFA C0765 - ""
    Your tire pressure monitoring module is not receiving recognized signals from the sensors mounted inside the wheels. Most likely is that the cars battery went dead or was replaced and the module "forgot" the transmitter's id numbers. Go to a competent (big) tire shop or dealer service dept. and see if relearning the system fixes the codes and allows the TPMS to work properly again. If you have aftermarket or not original to your car OEM wheels then your sensors are long gone. I suppose it's possible that if you do have the original wheels the battery's in the transmitting pressure sensors are all dead. If the tire shop can't get them to activate and verifys they are indeed still there that's most likely.
    i found this posted by manic mechanic in a diffrent thread
    ===========================
    check your RPO - Regular Production Order - code sticker -
    located on the underside of the spare tire cover -
    it lists all the factory installed options your car left the factory with -
    the RPO code for TPMS is UJ6 -

the DTS wheels PROBABLY came with the sensors -
    whether they still work - or not - is another question -

can they be hooked up
    if they DO still work - YES - they can be matched to your car -
    the procedure is somewhere within the forums -
    most likely in the TECH-TIPS forum -

are they expensive to replace
    new sensors are around $40 each -
    that does not include labor to install them -

im assuming some are broken if they break easy
    it's not that they break - the battery simply wears out -

the key fob has absolutely NOTHING to do with TPMS -

basscatt and all others thank you so much many of the things i repaired i learned from a question you ask or answered. thank you all for your time. the tech tips section is full of great suff i am finding. thank you for the info on the options sticker. also if i were to wait for the tires to wear out before switching rims, and it was not a option on my car could they wipe that then reprogram after the dts wheels.

C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low ? this was there yesterday then i pulled out the ecm or pcm fuses cant remember wiped out the memory but it was current 2 days ago gone today what is this

----------

mybe i fixed that 662 low circuit with the clean and new grounds? plus new battery

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.