cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by snowball basscatt and all others thank you so much many of the things i repaired i learned ...
    basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: cannot pull obd2 codes know how but car will not

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    basscatt and all others thank you so much many of the things i repaired i learned from a question you ask or answered. thank you all for your time. the tech tips section is full of great suff i am finding. thank you for the info on the options sticker. also if i were to wait for the tires to wear out before switching rims, and it was not a option on my car could they wipe that then reprogram after the dts wheels.

C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low ? this was there yesterday then i pulled out the ecm or pcm fuses cant remember wiped out the memory but it was current 2 days ago gone today what is this

----------

mybe i fixed that 662 low circuit with the clean and new grounds? plus new battery
    =======================

if i were to wait for the tires to wear out before switching rims,
    and it was not a option on my car
    could they wipe that
    then reprogram after the dts wheels.

I believe your car DID come with TPMS -
    check the RPO's

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

If the car did not come with the TPMS I don't think those codes would be present.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

snowball, Our cars have ELC - Electronic Level Control - to compensate for extra weight in the trunk or rear seat. It is NOT "air ride". The system uses a compressor/control assembly, level sensor(s), air lines and special rear shocks with air bladders attached.

To test the system, get 2 assistants, pop the trunk. Turn the Key: ON - you should hear the compressor do a 2-second preload and prove out sequence. OK? If so, you all sit on the open trunk lip. The compressor should again run and level the rear. OK? If so, all hop off and you listen in the RR wheelwell for escaping air as the system bleeds off air to again level the car.

If you have problems with the system, either post them here or surf through Tech Tips - or Google something like "cadillac forums deville level control system" or something close.

If you need parts, talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>

The SUNCORE website, or www.rockauto.com, the Monroe (shocks) site, or the text and diagram pages in www.gmpartsgiant.com - your year, model, engine, subsystem.

snowball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville base

thk you i will do that i didnt attempt the starter yet its not the nice out. i will post results of the trunk test.

snowball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville base

i did the trunk test no sound at all did not raise. also no 2 second noise. ty

----------

there should be at least a small amount of air pressure in the bladders at all times -

the easiest way to test the system
    is to disconnect the bottom of the the height sensor rod -

if you push the rod UP - this simulates a low rear end -
    and should signal the compressor to turn on - and inflate the bladders -

when the bladders are inflated - move the rod about half way DOWN -
    that will simulate LEVEL height - and the compressor shuts off -

the car should remain at this height forever -
    UNLESS there is a leak -

move the rod DOWN - will simulate the rear too high -
    and signal the exhaust valve to open - and release air pressure -
    until the rear is once again level -

==================

IF the rear sinks down when inflated - there is a leak -

best way to check for leaks is a mixture of dishwashing soap and water -
    spray it on all the connections - watch for bubbles -

if no visable leaks - it could be a faulty exhaust valve in the compressor -

this was posted by basscatt 2 days ago are these the same as are cars could anyone chime in and possibly tell me where the ride height sensor is and where to test also does a faulty exaust vale mean a new or working pump? normally

----------

C0662 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Circuit Low - current

----------

DTC C0662 or C0663
    Circuit Description
    The Automatic Level Control (ALC) exhaust solenoid valve is switched ON or OFF by the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module. The control module provides a low-side drive (switched to ground) whenever exhaust activity is required and during a head-relief sequence which occurs before each compressor start-up. This drive output from the ESC module is continually monitored to determine if the voltage level agrees with the commanded state.

Conditions for Running the DTC
    The Ignition is ON.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
    DTC C0662
    The following conditions must be present to set the DTC:

The ESC module detects voltage less than a preset value in the exhaust solenoid control circuit during an exhaust solenoid valve OFF state test.
    The fault is detected during three consecutive ignition cycles, or during the same ignition cycle after clearing the DTC with a scan tool.
    DTC C0663
    The following conditions must be present to set the DTC:

The ESC module detects voltage greater than a preset value in the exhaust solenoid control circuit during an exhaust solenoid valve ON state test.
    The fault is detected during three consecutive ignition cycles, or during the same ignition cycle after clearing the DTC with a scan tool.
    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    ALL rear leveling activity for the remainder of the ignition cycle will be disabled.
    The SERVICE SUSPENSION SYS message will be displayed.
    Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
    The scan tool can be used to clear the DTC.
    The DTC is saved as history when the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module no longer sees an out of range voltage condition in the exhaust solenoid control circuit. The DTC will clear if the fault does not return after 50 consecutive ignition cycles.
    Diagnostic Aids
    These DTCs are set only by electrical problems with the ELC exhaust solenoid control circuit. Pneumatic blockage problems do not set these DTCs.

A temporary compressor overload, such as high head pressure during a cold start, or a short to ground in the battery positive voltage circuit to the ALC compressor may cause the ELC fuse to open. This is one possible cause of DTC C0662.

Test Description
    The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

Tests for voltage in the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit.

Tests for a short to voltage in the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit.

Tests for voltage in the battery positive voltage circuit of the ALC compressor in order to isolate a short to ground or an open.

Step
    Action
    Yes
    No

Schematic Reference: Automatic Level Control Suspension Schematics

Did you perform the Road Sensing Suspension Diagnostic System Check?
    Go to Step 2
    Go to Diagnostic System Check - Road Sensing Suspension

Disconnect the ESC module connector.
    Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    Connect a test lamp between the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit of the ESC module and a good ground.
    Does the test lamp illuminate?
    Go to Step 3
    Go to Step 4

Turn OFF the ignition.
    Disconnect the ALC compressor connector.
    Connect a test lamp between the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit of the ESC module and a good ground.
    Go to Step 9
    Go to Step 7

Turn OFF the ignition.
    Disconnect the ALC compressor connector.
    Connect a test lamp between the battery positive voltage circuit of the ALC compressor and a good ground.
    Go to Step 5
    Go to Step 8

Test the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit for a short to ground or an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 6

Inspect for poor connections at the ALC compressor connector. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 10

Inspect for poor connections at the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 11

Repair the short to ground or the open in the battery positive voltage circuit of the ALC compressor connector. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you complete the repair?
    Go to Step 12
    --

Repair the short to voltage in the ALC exhaust solenoid control circuit. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you complete the repair?
    Go to Step 12
    --

Replace the ALC compressor head. Refer to Automatic Level Control Air Compressor Head Replacement in Automatic Level Control.

Did you complete the replacement?
    Go to Step 12
    --

Important
    Perform the set up procedure for the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module .

Replace the Electronic Suspension Control (ESC) module. Refer to Electronic Suspension Control Module Replacement .

Did you complete the replacement?
    Go to Step 12
    --

Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs .
    Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC as specified in the supporting text.
    Does the DTC reset?
    Go to Step 2
    System OK
    ---------------------------------------- that was posted by mark c

i think i can find enough info here to do this but could anyone tell me where to start fuse, certain wire to test scrub a ground im willing to go all the way just need to be pointed in the right direction

ty, shawn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.